“Nice at first glance” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 77 Hotels in Omaha
Littleton, Colorado, United States
“Nice at first glance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were there to visit our son at Boys Town. The room seemed nice enough but upon using it we found empty food boxes in the cabinets and garbage under the furniture. The pull out couch was not comfortable for my son. The staff was not attentive and seemed more into watching TV when we were in the lobby. It seems worse than it really was but just not impressed.

Stayed March 2014
Kristy P, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for providing the honest feedback of your recent stay with us at the TownePlace Suites Omaha. We hoped you enjoyed your time in Omaha and the many amenities our hotel offers. I will address the cleanliness issue with our housekeeping department to make sure this does not happen again. I can assure you that any opportunity to improve our overall satisfaction will be done!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We travel to Omaha quite often to visit relatives, and had stayed at this property before. We were a little short on time when we arrived at this property Saturday afternoon around 4 pm. Although this was an hour after check-in time, the young lady at the desk had us wait while she checked with housekeeping to see if our room was ready. It was not. She told us we would have to wait a while or come back later. We had a short discussion centered around our reservation and the posted check-in time; we were told that the hotel was full, and that quite a number of people checked in at 3:00. We did not have any special requests, just needed a room for the night. At that point she told us that they did in fact have a room ready. When we asked how that was possible since she had just told us there were no rooms available, she asked, Would you like to inspect the room? I feel that comment was uncalled for since we were not questioning the cleanliness of the room but rather the availability. Either this clerk or hotel management is completely unaware that first impressions are formed during the check-in process, and although the hotel itself is fine, on our next trip we will probably try the new Hampton Inn under construction down the street. This property doesn't seem to value repeat visitors, nor do they extend the courtesies promised to Marriott Rewards cardholders.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Laura D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
You indicated in your response that check in was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your-or our own-expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
You're a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just spent two weeks at this Towneplace. The breakfast in the morning is the typical fair, and the young lady monitoring it keeps everything stocked and has a great personality. The front desk staff are excellent with their knowledge of the area as well as willing to assist. Room was kept clean and was fine. Biggest problem is the snow plows keeping the bank lot clean one night, lots of noise but the hotel cannot be blamed for that. When i come back to the Omaha area, I will definitely stay here again. The only complaint is that when I checked in the second week they did not put the appropriate rate on my room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed here earlier this week for business. It was okay - nothing special. The size of the rooms are a plus, and it does have the kitchenette. The front desk employees were very helpful. The breakfast is pretty limited. There is only one restaurant within walking distance - an Italian place. I was able to find a salmon salad on the menu there that seemed reasonably healthy. The business center at the hotel has a really poor quality printer - it created lines all over my printouts so I had to go to FedEx/Kinko's. The Google Map directions dump you in the middle of the highway instead of on the frontage road. My cab driver missed it (but was professional and deducted the extra time/mileage it took to find the hotel from my total). The fitness center was decent - I only used the treadmill, and it was pretty standard. My biggest complaint is this weird shill sound that interrupted my sleep the first night. I was on the ground floor and slept TERRIBLY that night. The noise sounded like it was coming from the heater or the pipes - very odd. I slept much better the second night. All in all, this hotel is completely adequate for business travel - but there were a few inconveniences.

Room Tip: I would try to avoid the ground floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Logan, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stay here whenever I have to overnight in Omaha. It's comfortable, the staff is great, is quiet and very roomy accommodations. Even breakfast in the morning is filling. I'd recommend this property to anyone, especially if you stay for a lengthy number of nights because of the kitchen.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We have stayed at many Marriott brands, but this was the first stay at a Towneplace suites. It was difficult to find because of the location related to the freeway system. There had been flooding on the lower level, and the gym was closed and huge fans running in the hallway. Our first room had a non-working TV, so we had to move. Th e hotel was quite empty and so they must have turned the heat off in most of the room. We were on the 3rd floor and our bathroom floor was absolutely frigid. The beds were great and the room layout and amenities were adequate for the price. The breakfast selection was typical, but unfortunately, the breads were stale. Staff, while pleasant, didn't seem very knowledgeable or energetic. We will choose another hotel on our way home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hannibal, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

One of the nicest places we ever stayed at. Very friendly staff, room was exceptionally clean, set up like a small apartment.House cleaning staff was friendly and always had a smile on their faces. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Omaha West? Share your experiences!