“Worth the visit, with a few bumps” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #123 of 1,115 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Dessert, Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hot Steaks, Hot Music, Hot Italian….Cool Place!Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse is reminiscent of supper clubs of the past known for their great food and good times.Steaks take center stage at Johnny’s whether it is the signature Steak DeBurgo or the ever-popular Drunken Steak. The Italian menu features favorite pasta entrees including Lasagna and tasty and unique creations like Veal Sinatra or the Chanel No. 5 (Marilyn’s favorite!). Enjoy classic martinis, specialty cocktails and an extensive wine list, all of which sets Johnny’s “Stage” for lunch or dinner. With new-fashioned luxuries, old-fashioned service and personal relationships, Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse brings the Rat Pack era to the 21st Century. Join the party that is always in full swing, with new-fashioned luxuries and old-fashioned service and relationships, Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse brings edgy cool of the Rat Pack era into the 21st century.
Omaha, Nebraska
“Worth the visit, with a few bumps”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

My partner and I made a last minute decision on a Saturday night to try Johnnys for the first time. The staff were very pleasant and the atmosphere was almost romantic. The food was very good with a few minor points. My partner ordered his beef rare and I ordered mine medium, and when the dishes came, his was on the cold side. We were offerred a free dessert for our trouble. We ordered coffee and it was worse than McDonalds coffee. It tasted and looked as though someone ran another pot over used grounds. Both of these points of the meal were dissappointing but we will be willing to give the place another try.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Corona del Mar, CA
“Loved Johnny's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

I was in Omaha on a business trip not too long ago and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn West Omaha next to the VIllage Pointe Mall. I was too tired to drive into the main part of Omaha, but I wanted a good meal anyway.

I had several places to choose from, several of which I know, but I figured Omaha, you have to go beef so I chose Johnny's.... and what a lucky choice.

I had no problem getting in and the wait staff was quick and efficent in getting me my first drink. They had a very impressive wine list with some top CA wines despite being in the heart of "flyover" country.

I ate far more than I should have, but everything on the menu looked really good, so I started with the toasted ravioli (who can resist that?) & French Onion Soup (I usually order it anytime I can) and the great bread they bring to the table.

For my main course I had the bone-in ribeye, medium rare, and unlike most steakhouses these days it came with salad, a side of potatoes, veggies or pasta.

I took the salad, passed on the side dishes and ordered their "famous iron skillet potatoes" (hey, I had to, they are famous afterall!)

The steak came out perfectly done and the potatoes deserve to be famous.

Overall, I wish business brought me to Omaha more often, there is lots more I'd love to try here. I am glad I found Johnny's, I will look for them in their other locations when I travel.

Oh and I didn't finish my ribeye or the potatoes, but gosh darn if they weren't just fine the next morning for breakfast... sure beat Cheerios!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Johnny's Italian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Johnny's Italian Steakhouse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.