“Pro's and Con's” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Pro's and Con's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

When we first got into our room I noticed a foul odor, almost like sour body odor. Then when I went to check out the bathroom I smelled sewer gas. I got a hold of management, (The Manager was very concerned and acted immediately), we were moved to a different room. The room we were moved to did not have the foul body odor smell, but the ac unit was quite noisy and allowed for a restless nights sleep. The sink faucet in the bathroom needs repair otherwise if you don't have the handle positioned just right the water will remain running, also the bathroom fan was very noisy and in need of repair. On the good side of things the breakfast is awesome.

Room Tip: The room with access to a patio allows a person to sit outside.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn at the Zoo, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Marti M,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered out our hotel. We are extremely sorry for these. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Comfort Inn Omaha at the Zoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Williamsfield,IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The room was big and had a nice facilities. It had 2 queen beds and also a mini fridge. The hallway smelled horribly of smoke. The room however did not smell which was good. The pillows on the bed were kind of small not like a regular pillow. The breakfast was okay it had the usual continental breakfast stuff nothing special. The bathroom was very nice everything was clean. It was very close to the zoo convenient for us. The night staff was very nice as we checked in around midnight. Nice hotel but the smoking hallway was gross.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn at the Zoo, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear KatiWilliamsfield_IL,

Thank you for providing us with this review. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. We are sorry for the smell of smoke in the hallway. We have passed then on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Comfort Inn Omaha at the Zoo
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

one of the reasons we picked this hotel is because it's really close to the zoo. the beds are uncomfortable, the pillows for the bed are the size of throw pillows for a couch and feather, which i find uncomfortable. the pool is really small and was really crowded when i took my children swimming. would i stay here again? NO.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear melees_2010,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. We appreciate you telling us about your concerns. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you suffered from this. We appreciate all guest feedback it allows us to make the hotel better. Thank you for your time.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed for the weekend in a smoking room as I had requested.

The room was clean. The bathroom was clean with an excellent shower head and plenty of towels.
Bed was comfortable, although I don't understand the half-sized pillows.
The room came with a microwave and a refrigerator that was larger than the normal hotel refrigerator.

There is no highway noise at this hotel. There is noise from other guests. The noise seems to
recochet. During the night, my neighbors repeatedly banged on my wall in apparent protest of loud talking and door slamming that definitely was not being created in my room.

My room was on the second floor and at times, it seemed like there were people stomping their feet over my room; but there is no 3rd floor.

Complementary breakfast was a diverse offering. Whatever your dietary habit is; there's something there for you.

Close proximity to the zoo, ball park, and convenience store with gas pumps.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear NJSolo Traveler,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We have passed your concerns on to our staff. We are sorry for any inconvenience that any of them caused you. We appreciate all guest feedback because it allows us to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time.

Comfort Inn Omaha Zoo
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

After 2 days of driving we arrived to our room. It was then that I realized I reserved the wrong room. They were able to provide us with a fantastic room with no problems. Service was outstanding. Breakfast was great, all fresh.

Room Tip: For a suite ask for the corner room especially if you have kids. It's huge
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn at the Zoo, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear GretchenMichigan,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. We are glad that we could get you in the right room. Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that we could accommodate you. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I chose this hotel being that it was very close to the zoo. Couldn't beat that. For the price, you get what you pay for. I booked a standard room with a court yard view (by default, it was the last room available when I booked.) I arrived to the hotel to find out that my room was given to someone else. They then proceeded to give me room with a terrible view. I complained to the front desk and got a suite with a hot tub out of the deal as well as my courtyard view. The suite we got was okay. The bathroom faucet was broken. The hot tub drain plug was cracked causing consent water drain. Couldn't really enjoy it. Also the walls were about thick as paper. Okay maybe two sheets of paper. Heard people very easily. Also someone decided to bring their yappy little annoying dog. This hotel is okay for about 1 nights stay. If you plan on staying longer, I'd choose a hotel with thicker walls which maybe is more pricier.

Overall, I didn't like the fact the hotel staff gave away my room which I originally booked. But got a better room cause of their mess up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

A bit pricey. We paid 130/night. I would recommend the Element Hotel. It was cheaper (109/night) and they have shuttle service.

- Clean and comfortable hotel and rooms (no bedbugs!)

- Not exactly quiet. Lots of kids running back and forth down the halls. Stay on the 2nd floor.

- 5 minute drive to the zoo/35 minute walk (Zoo is fantastic)

- McDonald's, Jimmy johns, and gas station with convenience store are in walking distance.

- Has a pool, a teeny tiny pool that you see as soon as you enter front doors of hotel. Not for the self-conscious.

- Hotel staff had zero knowledge of the area which I thought strange. I wanted to walk to a nearby restaurant I found on yelp and when I asked the front desk clerks if the area was safe they both said they weren't familiar with it. The place was 5 minutes away, how do you have no idea? They then told me it should be safe. Should? That wasn't very comforting but I went anyways and lets just say I'm glad I didn't walk alone or in the dark.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor to avoid noise above you.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn at the Zoo? Share your experiences!