“its only okay.....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 73 hotels in Omaha
Iowa
“its only okay.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

one of the reasons we picked this hotel is because it's really close to the zoo. the beds are uncomfortable, the pillows for the bed are the size of throw pillows for a couch and feather, which i find uncomfortable. the pool is really small and was really crowded when i took my children swimming. would i stay here again? NO.

• Stayed August 2012
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn at the Zoo, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear melees_2010,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. We appreciate you telling us about your concerns. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you suffered from this. We appreciate all guest feedback it allows us to make the hotel better. Thank you for your time.

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed for the weekend in a smoking room as I had requested.

The room was clean. The bathroom was clean with an excellent shower head and plenty of towels.
Bed was comfortable, although I don't understand the half-sized pillows.
The room came with a microwave and a refrigerator that was larger than the normal hotel refrigerator.

There is no highway noise at this hotel. There is noise from other guests. The noise seems to
recochet. During the night, my neighbors repeatedly banged on my wall in apparent protest of loud talking and door slamming that definitely was not being created in my room.

My room was on the second floor and at times, it seemed like there were people stomping their feet over my room; but there is no 3rd floor.

Complementary breakfast was a diverse offering. Whatever your dietary habit is; there's something there for you.

Close proximity to the zoo, ball park, and convenience store with gas pumps.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear NJSolo Traveler,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We have passed your concerns on to our staff. We are sorry for any inconvenience that any of them caused you. We appreciate all guest feedback because it allows us to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time.

Comfort Inn Omaha Zoo
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

After 2 days of driving we arrived to our room. It was then that I realized I reserved the wrong room. They were able to provide us with a fantastic room with no problems. Service was outstanding. Breakfast was great, all fresh.

Room Tip: For a suite ask for the corner room especially if you have kids. It's huge
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn at the Zoo, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear GretchenMichigan,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. We are glad that we could get you in the right room. Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that we could accommodate you. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I chose this hotel being that it was very close to the zoo. Couldn't beat that. For the price, you get what you pay for. I booked a standard room with a court yard view (by default, it was the last room available when I booked.) I arrived to the hotel to find out that my room was given to someone else. They then proceeded to give me room with a terrible view. I complained to the front desk and got a suite with a hot tub out of the deal as well as my courtyard view. The suite we got was okay. The bathroom faucet was broken. The hot tub drain plug was cracked causing consent water drain. Couldn't really enjoy it. Also the walls were about thick as paper. Okay maybe two sheets of paper. Heard people very easily. Also someone decided to bring their yappy little annoying dog. This hotel is okay for about 1 nights stay. If you plan on staying longer, I'd choose a hotel with thicker walls which maybe is more pricier.

Overall, I didn't like the fact the hotel staff gave away my room which I originally booked. But got a better room cause of their mess up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

A bit pricey. We paid 130/night. I would recommend the Element Hotel. It was cheaper (109/night) and they have shuttle service.

- Clean and comfortable hotel and rooms (no bedbugs!)

- Not exactly quiet. Lots of kids running back and forth down the halls. Stay on the 2nd floor.

- 5 minute drive to the zoo/35 minute walk (Zoo is fantastic)

- McDonald's, Jimmy johns, and gas station with convenience store are in walking distance.

- Has a pool, a teeny tiny pool that you see as soon as you enter front doors of hotel. Not for the self-conscious.

- Hotel staff had zero knowledge of the area which I thought strange. I wanted to walk to a nearby restaurant I found on yelp and when I asked the front desk clerks if the area was safe they both said they weren't familiar with it. The place was 5 minutes away, how do you have no idea? They then told me it should be safe. Should? That wasn't very comforting but I went anyways and lets just say I'm glad I didn't walk alone or in the dark.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor to avoid noise above you.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Wausau, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This Comfort Inn is so close to the zoo you can see the Desert Dome from the parking lot. There is fuel and food near by as well. The pool is very small and is right off the lobby. People checking in can watch you swim, which is a little strange. The breakfast area was very busy and cramped on a Saturday morning and the layout of where the food was served was a bit awkward, but staff did a good job of keeping things replenished. The room was adequate, it had a fridge and microwave, but no comfortable chair to watch TV in. There are smoking and non-smoking rooms near each other so my children were bothered by the smoke smell in the hallways, but it didn't seem to get into our room too badly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn at the Zoo, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Karyn G,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you for telling us about your thoughts and concerns. Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary improvements to our hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Firestone, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was a nice place to stay with comfortable and clean rooms. The courtyard was well kept and was nice to enjoy from the first floor rooms. Raquel at the front desk was helpful, courteous, professional, and humorous. Being near the Zoo there were many children there and all of them seemed to be at breakfast, there were plenty of places to sit and the food was plentiful and good.

Room Tip: First floor courtyard view rooms have access to the courtyard from the room. Be wary that it is ver...
Dear Paul L,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about our hotel and Raquel. We appreciate the comments and will pass them on to her. We are sure she will appreciate hearing this. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Comfort Inn Omaha at the Zoo

Been to Comfort Inn at the Zoo? Share your experiences!