“Good pizza and decent pasta....” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good pizza and decent pasta....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had Mangias for the first time at a wedding reception. Salad, bread, pasta and pizza. I had some tortelinni and mostacholi with meatballs. Both were pretty good. Nothing special but good. The cream sauce on the tortellini was very thick. The meatballs in the mostacholi were flavorful as was the red sauce. The hit was the pizza that came out a few hours after the dinner was served. Dinner was served at 7pm and the pizza was served at 10pm. The combo pizza was very good. I compare it to Oscar's (my favorite pizza in Omaha) and it was very close to being as good. I would eat Mangia's again, especially the pizza.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Didn't meet the hype.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This place has been highly recommended by a number of my coworkers. I'm not sure if it was just an off day, but the wait was ridiculous. Nearly 40 minutes for a quick carry-out order and we weren't too impressed with the food. We ordered the chicken fettuccine alfredo and shrimp fettuccine pesto. Both were disappointing. The alfredo was bland and the pesto was much too salty. We'll try it again---maybe just get pizza; seems like all the reviews for the pizza are great!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Best in Italian in Omaha!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place has the best everything. They have the best Italian salad dressing, best white sauce, best sugo (sweet red sauce w/ no tomato chunks), and best meat sauce in the city. The pizza is awesome too. They have large portions for a reasonable price. They catered our wedding about a year ago and everyone absolutely loved it. They raved about it and still do on a regular basis. We looked into several Italian restaurants for the catering and they were by far the most reasonable for the quality of the product. They came in and set everything up for no extra charge. It was only $10 to get tons of food delivered. We still go there all the time. It is probably better to get take out because the eat-in area is pretty small and they are pretty busy, especially on weekends. If it is nice outside, they have a fairly large patio for dining. They are super friendly and will make your dish just like you want it. I order cheese tortellini w/ sugo sometimes even though the menu says you can order it with white sauce or marinara. I highly recommend this place. As I said, everyone at our wedding thought it was the best Italian they've ever had and I could not agree with this opinion more. The people that run this place no Italian food and good service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

Only ever ordered as takeout. It's the best hands down. Cheese tortellini with Alfredo my favorite!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kennewick, Washington
“PIZZA PIZZA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Just great!!!!! The dlivered over the the Holiday Inn Express we were staying at and it was great. Honestly some of the best pizza I have ever had.

Visited May 2012

Been to Mangia Italiana? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mangia Italiana, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.