“Horrible Noisy Place with Awful Service” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 25%
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Minneapolis
“Horrible Noisy Place with Awful Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2004

Horrible place. While the room was decent enough, the place was LOUD and the staff unresponsive.

At 11 p.m., after my elderly mother and toddler daughter were finally asleep, the staff sounded an airhorn to clear the pool. At midnight, when there were still people in the halls talking loudly and running up and down them noisily, I called the front desk to have them quiet the other guests down. The lukewarm response I got was "I'll try". ALL of the extra pillows were gone. I had to go buy more with my own money. The next day I was told in passing that they had found some for me. Didn't ever bring them to the room though. My mom was forced to sleep on one pillow stacked on towels for the first night. The lobby is hardwood flooring, because the pool goers ran in and out on it, it was often quite wet. My elderly mother was quite afraid of falling. There were no signs warning of the wet floor, nor was any attempt made by the staff to wipe it up that I saw.

I was there for a family wedding. For some unknown reason most of our family's reservations were mysteriously cancelled. When I asked the hotel staff, not the reservation center, how that could have happened they gave a feeble reply that sometimes whole wedding parties just to that and was I sure the wedding party hadn't moved elsewhere even though my other family members still had reservations there. We were fortunate to have double checked, at our expense long-distance, the reservation status.

At checkout, when I complained, I again got a weak "Gee I'm sorry" from the clerk. No offer to reduce the bill or make other amends. All of the others there for the wedding had the same issues.

Even the breakfast room staff was borderline rude. They did not seem to appreciate my well behaved for just 3 daughter and treated us as unwelcome.

Bottom line, stay somewhere else where they at least pretend to care about your comfort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2003

I had consulted this site before choosing where to stay in Omaha, and I am glad I did. This was the best overall motel experience we have ever had, in this price range. The rooms were clean and comfortable and well laid-out, the kingsize bed was comfortable and guess what?--it had a fitted bottom sheet! You don't find that anywhere else.

The pool is a bit small for lap swimming, but adequate for lazing around in and doing some short laps. The hot tub is great, too.

But the key feature of the hotel is the friendliness of the staff, from the desk people to Ida Mae, your breakfast cook and matron of the dining room where your complimentary breakfast is located. Not only do you get an assortment of doughnuts (Krispy Kreme), but also English muffins, bagels, breads, biscuits, gravy, cereal, fruit, coffee and two juices. Then there's Ida Mae's fresh baked Belgian waffles. Ida Mae is a jewel, an 85-year-old woman with the heart and spirit of a much younger woman. She not only cooks your waffles and brings them to you, but she cleans up your table for you, like a waitress. And she's a good chatter if you take the time to speak to her, as we did.

If I ever go back to Omaha--and you should go for the zoo, the art museum and Western Heritage Museum, the botanical gardens, and the Old Market--I will most certainly stay at the Country Inn & Suites West again. With pleasure.

• Stayed August 2003
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2003

We've traveled all over the states & in many parts of the world and this is one of our top places to stay. Reasonably priced, clean, friendly, well-located, and having every amenity - indoor swimming pool, laundry facilities, suites, coffee makers, refrigerators, freshly-baked cookies, a cozy fireplace, and more - a business center,meeting room, breakfast room hosted by a phenomenal woman "Ida Mae" who is 85 and awesome and makes a great waffle! Breakfast is included in the price. There is free access to a huge health club - a 2 minute walk away. We've stayed there many many times - had Christmas gatherings there. The staff is welcoming, flexible and helpful. I find myself telling total strangers that this is the best place to stay in town - for business or pleasure, for a night or a few weeks' in Omaha. I almost hesitate to recommend it, because we always want a room available for our next trip!

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West

Address: 11818 Miami Street, Omaha, NE 68164
Location: United States > Nebraska > Omaha
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#17 Business Hotel in Omaha
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Carlson, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West Hotel Omaha
Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Omaha West
Omaha Country Inn

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.