“Great nights sleep” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 76 Hotels in Omaha
Lynden, Washington
“Great nights sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel was very nice, clean and above all ... quiet. The bed was super comfortable. The price was very reasonable considering the location and the amenities. The breakfast choices were good and the breakfast room comfortable and clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I almost always check Trip Advisor reviews before booking accommodations and this was no exception. I had some trepidation because reviews seemed to be good and bad. However, because of the location, (very close to Tranquility Park soccer complex) I rolled the dice.

We’ve stayed at the Sheridan (more money, farther away and harder to navigate) but nice; but I digress. The motel is OFF of 120th on Miami street…putting it back from the busy thoroughfare. When I checked in on Friday evening, the gentleman at the counter was quick to assist, was very friendly and cracked a couple of jokes! It took no more than 2 minutes or so and we were off to our second floor room at the end of the hall, (putting us next to wide, carpeted stairwell).

The suit was large and beyond anything I expected! The bathroom was directly to the left with a full length mirror on the door. The alcove/foyer area had a corner shelf…handy for putting down those care keys or cup of coffee. The bath was spacious with a curved shower rod and curtain and large mirror over a wide counter with sink. There were plenty of towels, two kinds of soap, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. Of course, a hair dryer was also installed there.

Continuing into the main lounge area was essentially a kitchen! SS sink, microwave, two burner electric stove top and full size refrigerator/freezer! The overhead and base cabinets were bare though. So…if one KNEW of the availability of these features, it wouldn’t be a big problem to drag along a pot, pan and paper plates and some utensils if one really wanted to whip something up! The room had a couch/sleeper, an easy chair with matching ottoman and an entertainment center, (the kind that would hold a big old tube TV)…but it had a 32” flat screen instead. It had three drawers also. The ac/heat unit worked perfectly.

To the right you entered a spacious bedroom with king bed, 2 nightstands, (one with a clock/radio/sleep sound control…thunderstorm, ocean waves, babbling brook…) the other nightstand had a modern telephone. Atop the 3-drawer dresser was a 40+ inch flat screen television. The other corner of the room had a hanging garment alcove with shelf containing two extra pillows, iron and ironing board and some laundry bags. The ac/heat unit in the room worked perfectly. (It was 95+ degrees for a couple of days we were there). Oh…remember we’re next to the stairwell? Heard NOTHING! Also, the black-out drapes worked very well too.

I’m not much for working out, but there is a “24-hour fitness” center next to the motel. I understand that guests have use of those facilities! I’m certain they have every gadget to keep the health-conscience guest very happy. My son used the indoor pool which was pretty darn warm, (and the “deep end” is 4.5’); but kids seem to make do just fine. (Wouldn’t surprise me if the fitness center had a full size pool…but I don’t know that).

The lobby has a fireplace with a couch and 2-3 easy chairs. It’s not a huge area, but is somewhere to relax if you’re waiting for someone. The breakfast room was good size, but I’ll have to admit, they tried to “cram” as many tables and chairs in there that they could. The breakfast each day had country potatoes and sausage patties, with changing types of eggs… (Scrambled, western omelets, plain omelets). Coffee, juices, yogurt, waffles, breads, bagels, fruit, cereal, milk, granola bars, oatmeal were all available too.

OK…I feel obliged to find SOMETHING wrong…the container where you scrape off your plate and put it in the tub on top? The flappy door on it was TOO NARROW top to bottom. (It’s wide enough.) It was tough to put your plate in there to scrape off any remnants.

The cleaning staff were friendly if you met them in a hall…the guy in the breakfast room would greet you…just a very pleasant place. They even have a Culver’s at the front of the ample parking lot where we found the friendliest service I’ve ever experienced!

I understand my experience was with room 202. (So ask for it if you ever go). Other rooms might be exactly as described in other reviews. It seems that "DanSayer76" ran into an idiot when he was there and the first floor sounds like a nightmare! Maybe they HAVE been updating…from the top down? I don’t know…but this was a super place to stay; especially for soccer moms and dads!!

Room Tip: It seems that some renovation must be going on...My excellent experience was a second floor room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Guy at the Front desk named Chad was amazing. He was so happy and friendly. He made sure to ask me how my room was, how the trip was, and made me feel very welcome. He was very cheerful and happy the entire stay. This young man is great and a very valuable member of the staff. It is amazing how one person can make such a big impact on your stay. I loved being able to go next door to the fitness center. It had everything you would want to use and was very easy to get to. My room was very nice. I had high ceilings and everything i needed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

If you need to stay in this area of Omaha, it's ok. Positives: location-in a neighborhood with easy access to major roads and several dining options in walking distance, free breakfast, fridge/micro in rooms, nice pool/hot tub, laundry machines, nice staff. Negatives: rooms are pretty shabby, not all rooms have fridge/micro, breakfast utensils are coated w cloudy film/sometimes totally dirty, laundry machines expensive-$1.50 for a wash and .75 for 30 minutes of dry time. One washer/dryer, no detergent available. Ultimately, our biggest complaint during our recent multi-night stay was the ridiculous dampness/humid feel of room. After that, couldn't get over how run down the room was and how gray the towels seemed. In the end, it's a clean place to stay if you need to be in that area. Next time, we will stay someplace newer and a little more expensive.

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Horrible hotel. Save your money and stay somewhere else. Cheap old fixtures and old tube TV's. Needs updated badly. There was mildew on the face of the shower head, old linens, and the room smelled like musty basement and grandma candles (room 109 specifically). We have stayed in Country Inn's in Iowa prior so our expectations of a $151 (after taxes) room were high. We went back up to the front desk after seeing the room and told Ryan we were not satisfied and would like to not stay (or find some other solution). He immediately became defensive and his customer service skills were extremely poor and unprofessional. Most disappointing front desk clerk I have ever met. He called his manager, who had left for the evening, and in front of us and other guests described me as being extremely upset and angry! I asked Ryan if I could speak with her (wanting to clarify my calm demeanor) and he said to me under his breath, with her on the phone, "she doesn't like that". At one point their offer to assist us was to downgrade to a cheaper king room (that had a flat panel TV?) for an additional $50?! So no refund on the $151 Expedia already had which would make a $200 night in a hotel that makes "Motel 6" look like Embassy Suites. So, long story short, Ryan's inability to help and his managers unwillingness to work with us on a solution, along with Expedia's inability to do anything without Ryan's manager's presence in the hotel had us heading back home for a late night late drive and a forgettable start to a fun weekend. FYI - I tried calling the General Manager and got to a dial by name directory. His name and extension would not come up. Frustrated.

• Stayed July 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. We are also sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns & Suites standards. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Milan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Kind desk clerk that let us eat breakfast even though we just arrived. He set the pleasant tone for our stay. Only negative thing I would say was the pool was small but there was a huge exercise facility behind the hotel where we could use the pool and workout equipment. It was really nice.

• Stayed April 2013
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

the hotel was clean. staff was very friendly. bed was comfy. continental breakfast was good but if that doesnt float your boat, there is a culver's right next to the hotel. (literally a few steps away) went there for dinner and it was awesome. my only complanit would be there was no fridge/microwave in the room but there is a microwave avail for use downstairs in the breakfast area. overall i would stay here again and would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear celtics98,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We really appreciate all of your feedback. ,We hope you enjoyed your time in Omaha. We appreciate you telling us your concerns about the microwave and fridge. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Omaha West

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West? Share your experiences!