“Huge room for a great price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 25%
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Omaha
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Huge room for a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had a photo assignment in far western Omaha and this location was great. There aren't many hotels in this area but I'm glad I found this Country Inn & Suites.

I upgraded to a "suite" type room which had two spaces separated by a door with the bathroom in the middle of the two spaces. It worked out great for me. I like to be as far away from any possible hallway noises (door slamming, mainly) so this one was perfect for me. It had a tv in the main living space, but it was an old tube tv with far fewer channels than the bedroom flat screen tv had. Hopefully they'll change that old one out for a better picture quality and better channel selection. The room was clean and quiet and had everything I needed, including a small refrigerator and microwave which is always nice to have for a multi-day stay. The breakfast was great with hot selections every day: different egg dishes, real oatmeal, all sorts of pastries and juices and good coffee, etc. Since I had to be at a photo assignment early every day that I was there I had the breakfast room all to myself.

The front desk folks were super nice and greeted me every morning and even warned me a couple of mornings that it was slippery out. Who does that anymore?! That was a nice surprise that they cared enough to let a total stranger know that it was slippery outside. The pool and hot tub looked great but I didn't have time to use either one, and I didn't see anyone else in there so it would have been great to have that all to myself, too. There's a Culver's restaurant literally right next door so I had their salads a few times during my stay. There are a few other places within a mile or two, but not really much else within reasonable walking distance. Although, if folks walked a mile each way to pick up their fast food, maybe we'd all be healthier..

I'd highly recommend this hotel and I'll stay here again if / when my business takes me to this part of Omaha again. It's a nice, quiet area and a great older hotel that was clean and quiet during my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear ScottyG777,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Omaha. We value all guest feedback. We will pass it on to our staff. They always enjoy hearing when they are doing a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you wil stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Omaha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Carroll, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night with my husband and 2 kids. Service was excellent. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and spacious, as we had a 1 room suite with a king sized bed and pull out sofa. We asked the front desk staff if she recommended any place close for dinner and she sent us to a restaurant close by. Was excellent food and very nice and welcoming people. We did encounter a couple of issues. Our toilet was clogged when we checked in but the front desk staff brought up a plunger right away. There must have been some issues in the hotel as they called later that night to retreive the plunger as some other guests needed it as well. The other thing was the breakfast the next morning. I've stayed at several Country Inn & Suites and most of the time the breakfast is pretty good but this one was pretty disappointing. There wasn't much for selection, 3 hot items which included potatoes, egg patties and sausage and then the normal, yogurt, muffins, cereal but that's about it. When we got to the breakfast room, there were no eggs, 2 pieces of sausage and a couple of smaller bowls of cereal and no staff in sight to refill. There was a sign near the milk that said "fat free milk availble upon request" but there was no one to make a request to. As we were leaving, I did see a woman come out of a small room and take some dishes away but not refill the food. All in all not a bad stay as the service sure helps things but a few improvements could be done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear TOurDesigner,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us about your concerns about the bathroom, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We also appreciate your thoughts about the breakfast service. We are always trying to find better ways to make this service better. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Santa Ana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights over Christmas and this hotel is exactly what I thought it would be; a clean, no frills, well-run hotel.

The front desk staff were friendly and professional during check in and check out, letting us know when breakfast was served and if we needed help finding any locations we were going to be visiting.

The hotel itself is clean and well serviced, with the room being comfortable and reasonably spacious. The only knock on the room was that the television was an old tube-style (do they still make those???), but it worked okay. The bed and linens were clean, and all the fixtures worked.

The hotel does have an indoor pool (kinda small) but does not have a gym. A breakfast if offered but the selection is limited, even for continental-style.

This is by no means an "exciting" property with anything historic nearby, and has no real view, but it is a basic place to stay that is clean, quiet and an excellent value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Kula762,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us! We appreciate all of your comments and feedback. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very sorry we do not have an onsite gym for our guests. We do however give free passes to our guests to the 24 hour fitness that is right next door to the hotel. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Urbandale, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have been staying at this location for the last 8 years. I have always been greeted with hospitality. Pam is one of the most caring people you will ever meet. If you ever have a problem - she will fix it immediately! There are other places to stay, but they ALWAYS make me feel at home ~

Room Tip: This property went through a remodel in the last 2 years - all of the rooms are nice! They also do...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Jim J,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all your thoughts. We are so glad that you are one of our loyal guests. We appreciate you staying with us. Thank you for all your kind words about Pam. We will pass those comments on to her. Our employees always enjoy hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Corning, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I booked a suite that said accessible/accessible because my 88 yr old father was having outpatient surgery and needed to be seen the next day, and I wanted him to be able to rest. The couch that was in this suite only came 2/3 of the way to my knee, and you sunk in from there, needless to say he only sat here once. There was only one chair in the entire suite. There were sheets and pillows, but no blankets for the couch bed.

When I went to the front desk to get a blanket and address the the condition of the couch another family was trying to check into a suite, they had them call to get a better rate, and they got a better rate than what I got online, so don't believe when they say the best rates are online. I addressed these problems with the front desk and they asked if I wanted them to come look at the couch, but since my father was sleeping, I declined. I asked about the rate with the other people, and even though I had just stood and listened to the whole previous transaction, he insisted that the best rates were online, when I said obviously not he just politely smiled at me. On the upside my father said the actual bed was very comfortable, so I guess I will be thankful for that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Specialist, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We would like to discuss this matter further with you. We ask that you please contact us at ccare@carlsonrezidor.com at your earliest convenience.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were only in the hotel for one night, as we were just meeting up with some friends in town.
It was very clean and quiet. It does not have a gym on site, however, there is a giant 24 hour fitness right behind the hotel that I walked to.
The continental breakfast was pretty standard. We were able to get what we needed before we started our day. Nothing spectacular.
The pool is very small, but sufficed for our 3 year old.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear JulieandFred,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed our amenities. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This hotel keeps amazing me. I had problems with billing back in September 2011, they are now trying to bill me again for that stay. Please beware that this hotel has issues with their billing system.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Philhusker,

Thank you for bringing this billing error to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. This was clerical error and we deeply apologize. Thank you for allowing us to take the necessary steps to refund the money back to you. We are very sorry for this inconvenience and have taking the necessary steps to make sure that this never happens again. We appreciate all guest feedback good and bad. It allows us to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you and for future guests. Thanks for your time, and we hope that you will consider us again for future visits to the area.

Country Inn & Suites Omaha West

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West? Share your experiences!