“Nice hotel - Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #38 of 76 Hotels in Omaha
Amarillo, Texas
“Nice hotel - Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My company has the Holiday Inn chain as one of their preferred chains. I have found that the Holiday Inns are typically old and tired, but was pleasantly surprised with this location. It was newer and had a fresh feel about it. My room was in good condition and well kept. One thing i found strange was that in the bath/shower there wasn't a place to put soap. You had to set it on the rim of the tub. Other than that the hotel and staff were great. They accommodated all requests. You can walk to the stadium from the hotel within 5 minutes. Would be a great location if you are in town for a baseball game or the College World Series.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are very nice and have a lot of room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha for your recent stay. We love our location! ‎Being in the center of all the best happenings in Omaha combined with our amazing staff does make ‎us a perfect destination to rest your head after a busy day. Please remember us on your next trip to ‎our great city.‎

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wakefield, NE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown last weekend and had another
wonderful stay. This is one of those hidden treasures, whether you are planning a family
weekend or having a weekend getaway. We were pleasantly surprised with an upgrade
which made our weekend even more special. This Hotel as large rooms, comfy beds,
peace and quiet, great coffee shop and awesome water park. The staff all go above and
beyond to be courteous and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Denise S,

Thank you for your candid review. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

No real complaints about this facility. The rooms were generously sized, well-equipped. I love the variety of pillows available so you can pick the one that's best for you. The beds were comfortable, just a bit softer than most Holiday Inn Express beds that I have slept in. I can't recall if they were similar to other Holiday Inns. (I would prefer a bit firmer bed, but this is just a very minor issue - I was quite comfortable).

The complimentary breakfast is nothing spectacular, but as "free" breakfasts go, it was better than most. My room was quiet - I was near the "working area" of the outside of the hotel, so in the morning I could hear some outside noise. The evening staff were a bit weak on friendliness and not too good on efficiency or accuracy - there were three in our party and they wrote the same room number on two of the key wrappers (and yes, both person's keys opened that room). The morning staff were very friendly and efficient.

The parking lot is a classic city lot: too small, as is the "drop-off / loading" area. I have stayed here once before, and when I return, I probably will again - although the room cost is a bit steep so I may shop around. The location is quite convenient for business.

Room Tip: Avoid room numbers at the very bottom x01, x03 to get away from the morning outside noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are please to hear that you found our hotel to be comfortable on your recent business trip. Your ‎candor on friendliness of staff is greatly appreciated. All staff have been advised of the importance of ‎making every guest feel welcomed and to always greet with a smile and efficiency. We hope to see ‎you again soon!‎
IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

When we arrived, we found that the hotel's parking lot was completely full. We called the hotel to ask where we should park and they told us to park in the Fairfield Inn parking lot located behind Holiday Inn. This parking lot was also full so we had to drive around looking for a parking space on the street. I have several young children and would not have chosen this hotel if I knew we would have to park far away and walk. When I let the employee checking me in know I wasn't pleased with the parking situation, she responded, "yeah, parking around here sucks." I had a couple other minor issues/problems that could have been easily addressed, but I received similar responses from employees. The hotel is nicely decorated and my kids enjoyed the water park, but I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear indigo02,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you enjoyed our water park and the nice decoration of our hotel. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with our parking lot and any inconvenience you may have experience which affected your stay negatively. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Omaha, NE.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Husband and I stayed here for a weekend get away to Omaha. Won the hotel through priceline bidding. Room was large and comfortable with a king size bed and a sitting area. Room had a fridge which is always nice for leftovers. Didnt use the pool so cant offer a review on that. The coffee house in the lobby was convenient and check in was quick.

I marked it down for the parking being a little awkward. There are several hotels in the area as well as some lofts. The parking is tight and the lot fills quickly. There is overflow parking if this happens. I also marked it down for the walls being a little thin. Could hear people yelling at each other/talking some times but it was constant so not a big deal.

Overall I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for spending your weekend get-a-way with us. Your comments have been a deciding factor ‎in our decision to add additional security and parking attendants to our lot. We truly appreciate your ‎comments and hope you stay with us again soon!‎
Hillside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I use Holiday Inn hotels for most of my travels and on this occasion (college graduation) we stayed at the Omaha/Downtown location. This property is fairly new and customer service was great!

My family and I were amazed of the room layout, this property also has onsite dining. They also have a min-waterpark/swiming pool. What is most important is that the room was clean, quiet and comfortable.

This hotel is located near all attractions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We take great effort in providing an enjoyable experience for our guest. Our goal is that our guest may relax in our spacious rooms, enjoy our amenities and locale. Please come stay with us again!
Salina ks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The staff was very very friendly and helpful. We stayed two nights here. The beds were great and very comfortable The hotel didnt look clean from outside but dont let that fool you it was very nice on the inside. Free internet and nice cable not any room noise except the hall if someone went by otherwise very peaceful The staff was great about shuttling us to old market area downtown. Close to the baseball stadium and downtown . Waterpark was geared to kids under 8 .Definitely a good hotel if you have younger kids It was not that crowed. Had a nice slide the older kids liked but could get bored quick. The younger kids liked the bucket of water and the jungle gym with slides and things to dump Big whirpool not many jets but ok. swimming pool was about 3.5 feet deep and had a swirl pool kids enjoyed. Breakfast at the union bar and grill was ok , we did the breakfast package and you get a limited menu to pick from Biscuits and Gravy was good and the best 4 value was the best deal 2 eggs bacon potatoes and toast and a drink . Could order from menu and get a 25% discount if you didnt get the package. The 2 older gals that served us reminded you of your grandma really nice. Definitely would go back

Room Tip: rooms on the south side face downtown ours faced a building on the north but they did put some nice...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments. We love our beds too! We are working hard to improve our curb appeal. The winters make it extremely tough to maintain the exterior, but we will make sure we find a solution that is year round. Within a few months we will be adding HD to our channel lineup as well. The comments about our food and beverage department is very helpful. We are working diligently on taking the experience to another level. We hope to see back very soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport? Share your experiences!