“Another dinner at jazz” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #254 of 1,114 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights!
omaha
“Another dinner at jazz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We love Jazz. We are doing a 'staycation' this weekend in the Omaha area and got a chance to go back to for dinner. Great live music. Starts early enough that they play during reg. dinner and our daughter can hear. Service was great and fast. The boudin balls are wonderful as is the Cajun pasta. We will definitely return soon. The only drawback is the limited kids menu (but they do have mac n cheese) and the way the tables are set up it can be a bit close together and crowded and get a little noisy. They good far outweighs the bad and we will return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Lovey options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I used to live in walking distance so I would go there a number of times. It was always fun and always good. But I've heard some people who have lived in Louisiana say that it isn't as authentic as it could be. That is the only reason it doesn't have a higher score. Oh, and sometimes the live music is just too loud.

Visited February 2012
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“New Orleans in Omaha!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We tend to go to Jazz before seeing shows at the Orpheum so I frequent it a few times a year. I love the atmosphere and the general flavor and feeling I get when I walk in. It reminds me of my trip to New Orleans. The food is great as well. The menu has a nice little key that helps with definitions and word meanings as well as a pepper next to the hotter items on their menu. Just a warning though, everything on their menu has a little bit of hotness. So if you are not used to a little bit of spice make sure you tell the server or talk to them. Last time I was there I got the Seafood St. Charles. My friend got the Seafood Alfredo I believe and even though it was not one of the 'spicey' items on the menu it was too hot for her. Mine was almost too hot for me. But still delicious.
I really like the atmosphere and the fun. They have live music during the weekends and it is southern style jazz usually. It is a bit loud but that is part of it. If you want a quiet restaurant with southern food this is not where you should be headed. This is a New Orleans style Restaurant after all! I really appreciate it and think it is a great addition to Omaha and a must visit. It is a bit off the beaten path and not really close enough to the Old Market to get that business. But well worth the trip. Especially if you have been to New Orleans before!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Love the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The food is really good, and the menu is huge. You will have a difficult time deciding what to order. Many items come in either smaller or larger portions, which is a great option. Service is usually friendly but can be slow. Weekends see live music up in the balcony. Sit back and let the good times roll!

Visited September 2012
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We enjoy going to this restaurant prior to shows at the Holland or Orpheum (both within walking distance) downtown. Live jazz music - and decorated to look like New Orleans. Love the gumbo and shrimp stir fry. Casual. Good service

Visited October 2012