First off I felt most of the staff were well meaning and trying to do a good job but were inexperienced. The first impressions on arrival were of a building site but the lobby and rooms were finished and were fine. However the shower didn't drain and the sink lever wouldn't work. We did get the shower fixed but the sink plug was just removed. There was no info material in the room so we required to ask at the desk each time for laundry or breakfast times. I expressed surprise that there was no info and the reception smiled and agreed that indeed it was.
The free wifi was also very intermittent which I must say was not unique to this establishment.
Dinner was set up very nicely on a balcony but the food did not really live up to the billing. Food was quite bland and well below standard we experienced elsewhere for better prices.
There was a hard working head waiter but he really was not really backed up by the rest of the team.
My understanding is the owners have run mainly two and three stars and this is one of the first 4 stars.
At breakfast the next morning there was great unrest among the guests at being presented with a coffee machine - " i feel like i'm in the office " was the quote from one lady which summed up most peoples feeling. Unfortunately the staff member who was not responsible for buying the machine took the brunt.
On the plus side the pool was very pleasant although some of the surrounds were not finished
and if you followed the signs you could not get to it without jumping the glass fence.
In summary This hotel has great potential but needs an experienced manager on duty to direct the team if they really aspire to being a 4star property. Most business make a special effort during renovations to try to minimise the disruption and try to make guests feel welcome I don't fell that was the case here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Moulin de Vernegues Hotel & Spa se situe entre Avignon et Aix en Provence, dans une batisse de 250 ans nichee dans un parc aux platanes centenaires devant le golf de Pont Royal. Il propose 100 chambres dont 7 suites, toutes agreablement amenagees pour maximiser votre repos. Entierement climatisees, elles offrent un univers de serenite dans un decor luxueux. L'etablissement est le lieu ideal pour se reposer. Il met a votre disposition une piscine exterieure, un Spa by L'Occitane, 2 courts de tennis, un terrain de volleyball et de petanque, un golf prestigieux de 18 trous, un parking prive et 7 salles de seminaires ou de banquets. L'hotel propose un acces au Wi-Fi gratuit. Votre sejour au Moulin de Vernegues sera aussi un moment gastronomique : vous pourrez deguster les plats raffines du chef, pour un voyage gustatif de saveurs et de finesse. L'ete, la terrasse vous offre une vue sur le parc de verdure, son allee de platanes et la piscine. Autant d'elements qui feront de votre sejour au Moulin de Vernegues un moment inoubliable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Moulin de Vernegues Chateaux Hotels Collections reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Moulin De Vernegues Chateaux And Hotels De France
- Le Moulin De Vernegues Chateaux & Hotels De France Hotel Mallemort
- Moulin De Vernegues Chateaux Hotels Collections Provence/Mallemort, France