“A great kayak trip from the Hoover dam down the Colorado river” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 12 Attractions in Boulder City
Type: Other
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an expedition kayaking guide service and outfitter for the remote and beautiful Lake Mead National Recreation area, which includes Lake Mead, Lake Mohave, Black Canyon and the Colorado River just below the mighty Hoover Dam. Our guides are CPR and Wilderness First Aid certified. We are professionally trained and have extensive knowledge of kayaking and hiking in the back country.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“A great kayak trip from the Hoover dam down the Colorado river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011 via mobile

We had a group of 4 doing the day kayak trip from the Hoover dam, through black canyon down the Colorado river. This was by far the best kayak trip any of us have been on and was very well organised by the guys at evolution. Rod and Drew were a great laugh on the way to and from the river and drew was an excellent little tour guide throughout the kayaking. Very knowledgable and great craic. Stunning scenery, awesome sauna cave and natural hot springs plus some rock jumping and a 12 or so mile kayak makes for a great day. If your going to Vegas this is a must. The only disappointment was that nobody had an out of boat experience!

Girlsonaroadtrip, Manager at Evolution Expeditions Kayaking, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
hey thank you for kayaking with us, no body wants an out of boat experience, LOL...., just kidding, in the summer it's funny but in the winter well thats a different story. see you again soon!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“AWESOME!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Much better experience than I thought it would be. Got to go in some caves, sit in hot springs, sit under waterfalls and check out wild life. The guides were easy going and made the day very enjoyable. I would reccomend this trip to anybody who is visiting Vegas area.

Henderson, Nevada
“Great trip with fun Activities!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

This is my friends and I first time kayaking so we did not know what to expect from the trip except for what we have read from the website and others previous customers' reviews. The trip was well organize with certain itinerary that the tour has plan for us. Our guide that day was funny guy with a great information about the place which made the trip more enjoyable. The scenic views are gorgeous. However, it was windy that day so we had to paddle a lot!!! Therefore I recommend that you should check the weather and plan ahead. Definitely bring sunscreen with a waterproof jacket because the water is COLD!!!. I would definitely recommend the trip to others and it would be a great family outdoor activity too. Fun and an adventure- age trip.

Edmonton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“AWESOME TIME!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

For anyone looking for something to do in Vegas other than shop, I highly recommend the hike/hot springs/kayak tour, absolutely amazing from beginning to end. It starts with a nice hike early in the morning which even leads to a 30 foot optional cliff jumping spot (which was a pleasant surprise I didn't even know they offered), which was perfect because right after we got to soak in the hottest hot springs i've even been in, not to mention there is absolutely no unpleasant smell like most hot springs. Afterwards you meet up with another guide to start kayaking down the most serene landscape, I highly recommended bringing a camera cause you will get plenty of amazing photographs. Along the way there is a little beach you can eat at as well as a cave that you will for sure want to bring your camera for. Overall the trip was one of the best things I did in Vegas, well worth the price. The guides are really sweet and know their stuff!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Super Fun ! Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

I went to the Kayak,hike, hot spring tour. Went with a friend and we had a blast. First this guys are very professional and very on time to pick us up. Rod was great and fun. Our tour guy was Micke who is great!!! He knows and loves what he is doing(you can tell) and is concern about you every minute of your trip, making it a great and personal experience. If I had more time during my trip I probably would book another trip with them... well, for the next time!!! I highly recommend this tour if you want to have fun and do something different in your Las Vegas trip!!! Best part of my trip !

Visited April 2011
Thank you! Our number one concern is safety..... and fun :) We feel good when you do, looking foreword to see you again soon! Cheers!