“Not a place to stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nevada Inn

Nevada Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boulder City
Nevada Inn
You added Nevada Inn to your Saves list
1009 Nevada Highway, Boulder City, NV 89005   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Boulder City
Boulder city
“Not a place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

I just moved to Vegas fro NY and need a place to stay so I am stuck here. But as soon as I find a place I am out of here.The cottage is very small and smells.The walls are stained we bought our on cleaning chem to clean the room.The pool has empty beer cans in it no water, cable sucks, no phone in room. Sink leaks to where you can't use it, towels smell. Most of the people hear are perminent and look at you funny and are loud. It is a disgrase can't wait to leave. Only good thing is they accept pets.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

To the untrained eye, the Nevada Inn may seem like a great place to stay when you find that you need a budget motel last minute because you booked the wrong days in Las Vegas... The rooms are very large and there is a lot of light, and it's cheap. But that's it.

The bathroom was too dirty to use and the room had the feel, and slight odour, of an old-peoples' home. After a terrible night's sleep, I got up in the middle of the night only to find that my head was rather, er... itchy. Whether it was psychological from the thought of putting my head on the greasy pillow, or that this itching was caused by actual headlice, I can't say for sure. However, the only way I stopped scratching was to dye my hair the next day as soon as I got to Las Vegas.

The Nevada Inn - unless you are conducting a biological survey on the mating trends of lice, or for that matter, you are an exterminator, I'd stay as far away as possible.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Pinole California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2008

Trying to be thrifty I chose to stay in the Nevada Inn. From the exterior it all seemed well and good. I guess that was a result of our long trip and desire to sleep. It was not until the morning that our family realized we had head lice and body louse. We had tried to sleep in but there were so much traffic going in and out of several rooms. After complaining to the housekeeper we were informed by a young woman that stated they only get paid per room. We also found out the health department closed a over 20 rooms for uncleanliness. We used our own towels, theirs were dirty.

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

my stay at nevada inn was great.the office staff was great the front desk clerk kathy was very helpful and friendly.my room rate was good my room was very clean and i had hbo and free wifi.the stay there made me feel like i was at home,there were kids outside playing and having a good time.which i would like to see more places.so i would have to say i felt really safe there it was quite kids were at play it was really nice change.so all in all it was a kid and pet friendly place.i will go back next year.

• Liked — friendly and safe
  • Disliked — everything was good
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2008

A colleauge and I stayed at the Nevada Inn after first spending a night at the Best Western nearby. It was pure coincidence that Nevada Inn was selected by us, as we looked for something a bit cheaper than the $79 Best Western.

In retrospect, we shoule have driven back to Las Vegas or at least back to the Best Western.

The Nevada Inn is at its last of the life cycle and very, very run down. The room was large, but unkempt. The bed linen had some pretty yucky stains unfamiliar to me, even after travelling a lot to run-down hotels.

The bathroom was downright filthy, and made me wish I had brought flip-flops. Soap cups in the shower hadn't been washed for a long time. Parts of the bathroom floor vinyl were missing and very grimy.

It's not like I saw any cockroaches or the like, the feel of the motel is not very good. Also, the permanent residents, and there's a lot of them, start their day very early. This in turn activates the noisiest plumbing system I have ever encountered in my life.

I guess the TV was ok, but I used much more of the best feature at the hotel: free wireless WiFi. The WiFi was sufficient to Skype back home and gripe about the motel. Hotel staff were nice and friendly.

I wouldn't recommend this motel to even the hardest penny pincher. If you Google a bit, you can find cheaper and much better accommodation in Las Vegas, just a short car ride away. For ten dollars more a night, you up the standard of living a lot in Boulder.

• Liked — Free WiFi is always nice
  • Disliked — Dirty and run down
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

We stayed here for one night in April 2007 on a roadtrip through California and Nevada and paid $79.00

The room was large, much larger than other motel rooms and had HBO, Fridge and Air conditioning. The bathroom was clean, if a little tired.

The room itself was pretty run down. The sheets were clean but still grubby looking, the pillows and linen were very old and there were bare wires sticking out of the wall.

The other people staying at the motel seemed to be long-term guests - we received quite a few stares when we parked up in a shiny hire car and found it a little intimidating.

Over the 2 week trip this was our least favourite motel. It'll do if everywhere else is full but I'm sure there are better options in Boulder.

• Liked — nothing in particular
  • Disliked — General feeling of grubbiness
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

I've stayed at various motels in Boulder City to attend BMX races and to just ride up there and now that I've found the Nevada Inn- I'll be staying there from now on.

They have an outdoor hot tub/jacuzzi and pool. That was relaxing after riding all day! The rooms were spacious enough to hold all my stuff easily, and had two queen beds.

Front desk guy was cool and gave us a great deal.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Nevada Inn? Share your experiences!