“Not impressed but will try again” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Las Vegas
“Not impressed but will try again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

After seeing this on TV, decided to give it a shot -- we live near Boulder City. Nice décor and atmosphere, very chic and fun & fits in well with the fun down town area of shops and restaurants. Ordered the tuna melt, yummy with thick bread and the tuna salad was home made. My brother ordered breakfast which looked good & my husband had mashed potatoes & meat loaf - the mashed taters tasted like instant! Texture and taste which was a let down. Wait staff not friendly, not rude, expected a little more 'home town' hospitality. Will need to visit again & order breakfast for a fair review.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Manassas, Virginia
“Didn't live up to the hype”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Thanks a lot, Guy. Thin burnt hockey pucks called sausage and thick burnt leather straps called bacon. Ga-ross. I'd pass unless you just want a cup of coffee, they got that right. Decent atmosphere but the food made me wish I'd have found a McDonald's... and that's just sad.

Visited September 2012
Tucson
“Another Diners, Driveins, and Dives Winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Downtown Boulder City is practically a museum and existing solely because Hoover Dam was built nearby. After enjoying the downtown art deco architecture, stop by for breakfast or lunch (they close at 2pm, I believe).

The DDD recommendation of the green chile omelet is indeed a winner. Others at the table tried a variety of other things, including the chicken fried steak and gravy. All were very happy, the price was very reasonable, and I will stop again the next time I travel through Boulder City.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Why oh why would anyone get anything here other than breakfast food- they have it down pat! We stumbled upon this place after a trip to the Hoover Dam on vacation and got very excited that Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives had stopped here before. After MUCH deliberation I got the Huevos Rancheros with a short stack as my side. SO MUCH FOOD!!! The short stack may be short but they are 2 HUGE pancakes, and probably some of the best I've had. Just the right amount of sweet and salty and not too dense.The Huevos Rancheros were the envy of my family, the chili verde sauce on them was to die for. My sister and mom both got types of omlettes, which were also delicious. But they have a section with 3 things that are the "Cup" favorites and I would definitely recommend ordering one of those things. I also got the iced coffee and it was delicious. Our service was great, we spilled a glass of water and they were very helpful, they also answered all of our questions and our food was delivered quickly, and it was very reasonably priced. I want to go back and eat there again now!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aldergrove, Canada
“Great restaurant for price and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Very good food, love the fish tacos with shrimp tempura. Clean and interesting decor, the only downfall, a younger waitress was very rude. Instead the owner gave us an older more mature waitress.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere