“great burgers, fair service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Portland, Texas
“great burgers, fair service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We found this place by browsing tripadvisor for restaurants in Boulder City after we went to the Hoover Dam. We had a little trouble finding the place but when we found it, we went in and were seated immediately. The waitress took a little while to ask for our drink order. Finally we got our drinks and ordered our burgers. The waitress didn't even tell us about the specials of the day. We were very thirsty after walking around Hoover Dam for several hours and the waitress was more interested in talking to a friend than refilling our drinks.

Now to the burgers, the only thing that saved our trip. I had the Dillinger burger - a beef patty topped with cheese, bacon, and brisket. The brisket was tender and sweet, a great addition to the burger. My only complaint is that the burger was a little too charred (burned on the edges) for my liking. My husband had the Bugsy burger - a beef patty topped with cheese, bacon and grilled onions. He also liked his burger. Both burgers come with regular fries or you can add sweet potato fries or onion rings for an extra cost.

This is definately a place I would recommend for the burgers but be aware that the service may or may not be up to par.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Henderson, Nevada
“Killer burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Located inauspiciously in a former bank building in old downtown Boulder City - and it kind of still looks like a bank - The Dillinger makes at least one killer burger and maybe more. My selection on a recent visit was the Baby-Face Nelson. It's simple combo of brie and fig preserves on top of a 1/2 ground steak was to-die-for good! Really excellent. THE best burger I've had in a long time. A local at a nearby table told me it's his favorite, too and why he was there that day. I'll be back, but I'll have a hard time trying the other burger, sandwich and salad selections because I'll want another Baby-Face Nelson!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mayfield, NY
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Passing through Boulder City and stopped at the Dillinger, had the Dillinger Burger. It's a heart attack on a plate, but what a way to go!!!!!! It is delicious!!! Great little place, friendly staff. Shouldn't miss it if you're in Boulder City.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Henderson, Nevada
“Surprise Downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Went downtown to go to another restaurant, but it was closed on Tuesdays, so walked down the street because we could smell the burgers cooking!

This is small space maybe 8 tables, but it works, there is a seating at the bar also. It looks like they have a band in the evenings/weekends? also.

I ordered a plain burger with cheese along with the sweet potato fries. Both were excellent with great flavor, the burgers are char broiled, which usually isn't my favorite way to eat a burger, but it wasn't as strong as I have had, and was pleasantly surprised by the great flavor!

My lunch date had the chili and onion rings, the rings were great, the chili was a little spicey but good.

The appear to have daily specials. Tuesday was Taco Tuesday, with fish tacos, enchilada soup, etc.

They serve Coke Products.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“The Dillinger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Dillinger burger is great but if you worry your heart this might be the best choice. It is big with ground beef patty, bacon, beef brisket and cheese. I only had a bite of my husbands thats all he would give me.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere