“Pictures are expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 28 Activities in Boulder City
More attraction details
Owner description: Skydive Las Vegas -- the first-time skydive experts. Jump out of our perfectly good airplane, freefall at 120 MPH, then enjoy the parachute flight while taking in spectacular views of the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, the Colorado River and the Las Vegas Strip. Skydive Las Vegas has been in operation since 1993 and is Nevada's longest running student skydiving center and the first to specialize in first-time tandem skydiving. We are located at the Boulder City Airport in Boulder City which is only minutes away from the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. When you are in the airplane and in freefall you can see the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, the Colorado River, the beautiful golf courses of Boulder City, the Las Vegas Strip, Mt. Charleston, Red Rock Canyon, the Valley of Fire and more! Our landing zone is located right next to our facility making it easy for your friends and family watch you jump and land right in from of them. After landing, you walk right back into our facility and celebrate the most exciting thing you've ever done. We use only the finest state-of-the-art equipment and airplanes. We fly new PAC-750XL skydiving airplane that can carry up to 7-8 tandem jumpers (14-16 people) per load. The PAC-750XL is the only airplane in the world built specifically for skydiving. Our skydiving equipment is the latest and safest available today. We offer complimentary transportation from the Las Vegas Strip in pristine shuttle vans. We have the largest and nicest skydiving facility in Nevada, complete with a large air-conditioned lobby, restrooms, HD television for your viewing pleasure, snack and soda machines, and most importantly a Starbucks Coffee machine that brews fresh ground Starbucks coffee.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Juneau, Alaska
“Pictures are expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

It's hard to complain when you go skydiving and make it back to the ground alive. The company was very professional, and you could tell that safety was the top priority from the beginning (as it should be).

Only thing I didn't enjoy was the outrageous price that they charged for photos and videos of the skydive. Photos cost me $60, and the friend of mine that bought a video paid $100.

Thanks for the jump! I'd do it again!

Visited June 2013

“Do not use this company”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Poorly organised, were not clear with their instructions and didn't even make it there. Got told 12 o'clock for the pick up outside the Luxor on the phone, however when 12 came with no shuttle, we called them and got told that the shuttle was in fact 11:30 outside the Mandalay hotel. They made no effort to try and contact us, and our deposit was not returned even though it wasn't out fault for missing the skydive. Avoid.

“MAURO ROCKS XD!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

LEGENDARY !!!!! Seriously the radest exprience ever!!!! Mauro was a blast in a glass to jump with!!!!! Totes recommend him!!!! Seriously the coolest Italian gent! Have wanted to do this for so long!!! If your a adrenaline junky & Adventure is your cup of tea!!!! Make a crazy memory & go jump baybay!!!!!!

ireland
12 attraction reviews
“Well worth doing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Arrived 25th August, booked online after looking at good reviews of this place, weather was dodgy this day so we where pushed forward to 7am.. Not a problem.. Got the bus "amazing how much you are willing to sign away doing one of these things"!! Still do it don't think about it.

Arrived at bolder and met some of the guys, all very chatty all very friendly. 10 minutes of training then suit up.

Suit fitted, harness put on loosely and wait.. When your about to
Go you are assigned your instructor. I got Mine "I'm not going to name him out of respect" and my wife got John.

We went outside and my instructor tightened up the straps. Very little
Else said then onto the plane after a brief video intro.

I was 2nd to go and my wife was first, John was very chatty and
Very pleasant the whole flight, My instructor was very quiet little instruction But the basics and nothing like any of the other instructors we met
Through the experience.

Ok the wife went, then I did. we jumped and the first thing
I noticed was I found it hard to breath, I put this down to falling
Very fast towards the earth :) no panic..

20 seconds later parachute opens and things slow down..

Still could not breath, the damn strap on my chest was far too
Tight, as I noticed this we start going into a spiral motion
"This is normal" and at this point I was feeling my top lip tingle..

This is usually a sign of fainting,

I shouted to my instructor the situation and after a couple of times he understood the issue... He loosened the strap on my chest and that helped but at that stage I was in trouble.. We where coming into land
And I went to raise my legs I couldn't the straps where very tight
Cutting circulation.

Now I'm out of breath about to faint and my legs are useless.
I told the instructor the situation and we adjusted to land..

Made it! I staggered away and told the instructor I could not move
Properly. Yet he told me to come back to him. He doesn't
Listen very well. I made it back and he loosened the straps
Picked up his parachute and ran back to the building.

Oh he was more concerned he hadn't given me a tip and
Review envelope which he had no more of on him.

I took the suit and harness off and the one thing I noticed
Was I was the only person white as a sheet and sweating
Like mad. This continued for about 1 hour. The next day I still had that pain across my chest.

Listen I can't fault this place to hard as EVERYONE
Enjoyed their jump. Just my instructor seemed to be having an
"Off day" maybe..

I would do it again in a heart beat and with Vegas skydive
Just would not chance my instructor again. Sorry!

Btw the wife had a blast.. Thanks John!!!

Boulder City, Nevada
“Had a BLAST jumping out of a perfectly good airplane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

SkyDive Las Vegas out of Boulder City airport was first class all the way. The staff was friendly, professional and enthusiastic. They really were interested in making it a great time from the second you walk in the door. The experience would be very much worth the money at twice the price! Pay the extra for the video. You'll be happy you did.