“Best Donuts Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kobuk Coffee Co

Kobuk Coffee Co
504 W 5TH Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501-2220 (Downtown)
+1 907-272-3626
Neighborhood: Downtown
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Best Donuts Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We were only in Anchorage for three days, but I visited this bakery all three days. It's tucked away at the back of a lovely gift shop on the corner of Fifth Avenue and E Street on one of the Town Square's corners. You have to go through the gift shop to get to the bakery.

They bake everything fresh in-house and not only does the stuff taste great, the prices are wonderful. My favorite is the crueler donut with a lovely subtle glaze -- only $1. My mouth waters right now thinking about it! I ate three in a row one day.

They also have good cookies and cake. I tried the Boston Crème cake and it was so moist and yummy. I didn't try the sandwiches, but if the pastry is any indication, it must be good. I would highly recommend a visit to the Kobuk bakery. I went to one other bakery in downtown Anchorage (before I discovered Kobuk) and it was not half as good, but was lots more expensive. Don't bother going elsewhere -- go to Kobuk and eat a donut for me (:

p.s. They have really unique cute gifts inside the front part of the gift store too.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Stop to Rest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Kobuk is a tea and gifts and sweets shop. The gifts are diverse and fun. Some Alaska items but also general gift items. Bought the tea they were sampling, samovar. Smells like Christmas with the cloves and is naturally sweet. Our group had tea and doughnuts in the back.

Visited June 2014
Evansville, Indiana
“Elegant Crafty Souvenirs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This stop is so unique. It is not your average gift shop. I was impressed with their selection of crafty handmade pieces to-remember. It smells marvelous too!

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Quaint and Tasty Shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very old time Alaskan shop in an old historic building. Cafe and Bakery with homemade treats , soups and sandwiches. Basic, but good and inexpensive. Easy to pack back to the hotel for breakfast or the train ride. Fun, ecclectic gifts up front and lots of CANDY!!!

Visited May 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Gift Shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

From the moment we stepped into The Kobuk - Cafe and Old Fashioned Gift Emporium our senses were filled with sweet, spicy, exotic fragrance of their Samovar Tea. When I finally was able to move beyond the allure of the tea, I found a wonderful and unique gift shop with something for everyone. The building is one of the oldest buildings in Anchorage - was originally a family owned mercantile and is still full of the historic remnants of earlier times. There is a cafe/bakery in the back which used to be part of the living quarters of the original owning family. I felt like I was in a museum as much as in a gift shop. I would go back again and again. Hope you enjoy too!