“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 618 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Over the course of a 12 day tour of Alaska this is probably one of the nicest if not the nicest restaurant we visited. It had a nice atmosphere, the staff were very efficient and friendly, and the food was very good. Being a vegetarian Italian is usually a safe bet. Two of us quickly decided on the angel hair pasta since we don't see it that often. It was pretty good. I don't think I would say outstanding, but it was very nice. I would definitely return if I lived nearby. Enjoy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Surprisingly good New York steak..BUT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The owners wife is pushing business away. My husband has been going to Sorrentos since the 90's and got me to LOVE Sorrentos, especially their salad dressing. It came to a point, I was the one ALWAYS suggesting Sorrentos for dinner. All of the staff have been wonderful. But, after a couple of terrible run-ins with the owner of Sorrentos' WIFE, we will not be coming back. This is after visiting the restaurant 3-4 times a week, regularly. She tells me I don't need extra dressing, after my request. My outlook is, if its a problem, charge me for it, but don't tell me I don't need something I enjoy from your restaurant and begin to "teach" me how YOU eat your salad dressing. After driving another 30 minutes to bring back my salads because they were not the salads I ordered, she took them, asked me if I ordered Greek salads and she walked off, never suggested that she correct it. I left also, completely appalled. After waiting over an hour and a half to eat (including driving time.) Well, lady, take my $10 for 2 wrong salads and a $4 tip for take out. This is only a short version of what happened (I tipped thinking she was going to get me the dressing, plus, they were busy, and I appreciated her.) I appologize for being an inconvenience and we will be sure to take our business elsewhere. This place needs to hire a "real" manager. God forbid you get something you didn't order or request extras. Expect attitude about it at Sorrentos, and don't expect a correction. Sincerely, a belittled and unimportant former customer.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“YUMMMYYY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Thought we would try a new place for "Pizza Friday" sure glad we did. Pizza was great, our waiter...great, and service....great! Will add to our frequented places, sure to try the other Italian Cuisines offered

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Anchorage, Alaska
“Doesn not live up to the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I finally went here with my dad after hearing rave reviews from people in Anchorage, and really was not terribly impressed. The staff were nice, but the food was really just average. Maybe I am picky, but my pasta sauce was completely bland. Not something worth paying extra for on an evening out.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Best Pizza in Anchorage, I've tried almost every place in town and nothing compares. have never tried anything else, the pizza is just too good.

• Visited December 2012