after yearning to visit alaska, but hesitant due to cost and all that I wanted toi see, i finally made the journey. To simplify this awsome task, this is what I did.
1. I stayed at Spenard Hostel in anchorage for 2 days. From there I was able to walk to Gweenies Resturant for a good hardy breakfast that cost about $12. 00. I was able to save half for lunch or for breakfast the next day. The hostel had a refrigerator & microwave for guest. MY friend & I split the cost of rental car (very worthy choice) we drove from anchorage to Seward (beautiful scenery) where we took the Major Marines Kenia Fjords Tour. All you can eat salmon & prim rib. We saw a lot of what one would want to see in Alaska. We returned to Anchorage late that evening (sun stilllll shining brightly).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spenard Hostel is a comfortable, clean and fun spot to stay while visiting Alaska! We offer free coffee, tea, cocoa, wifi, fresh linens, friendly staff, no curfew, no lock-out, located 1.5 miles from the airport, bike rentals, kitchens, laundry facility. Bus stops just around the corner, REI, grocery, movies, shopping and restaurants all just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Spenard Hostel International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spenard Hostel International Hotel Anchorage