“Easy place to get to from airport, staff friendly” 3 of 5 stars

Long House Alaskan Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4335 Wisconsin, Anchorage, AK 99517-2804   |
Ranked #58 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
The Willows, California, United States
“Easy place to get to from airport, staff friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Room was clean, staff was friendly. My flight got in at 2am and I called to tell them I would be late and everything was ready for me when I got there. Easy block from airport. Called front desk for several things, and they showed up quick and was very friendly. Felt safe. Would recommend as a place to stay if your flight comes in late.

Room Tip: Rooms were huge, could fit a family of 6 in one room if needed. Quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Adam K, General Manager at Long House Alaskan Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
The Hotel has very large guest rooms (33x11) that our Housekeepers work very hard to keep in a very clean and sanitary condition. All Hotel staff will make every attempt to ensure that our guests are comfortable and needs are met while traveling in Anchorage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Warsaw, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I choose this hotel as the price was fairly reasonable (as for Alaska of course). But I guess it would be better to stay on a campground. Our room was stinky and dirty. Bath was in terrible condition. The breakfast in the morning is just cofee, orange juice, some flakes and not much more. I cannot recomend that place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
The guest Rooms have stand up showers with good water pressure & temperature. The Hotel offers a Continental Breakfast; which includes Coffee, Tea. A variety of Muffins, Bagels, Cold & Hot Cereals. We are always open for suggestions to our Continental Breakfast. Our guest rooms are kept clean and Sanitary.
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stained carpets, worn sheets, broken ceiling fan, lamp, overhead light, seedy atmosphere. At least two guests, including ourselves, were subject to phone calls immediately upon reaching our room trying to scam us out of our credit card number. When we reported this to the manager, he was defensive and said it was a common scam. Sorry but we travel a lot and this is the first time, especially considering that it went directly to our room. We left the next day even though we had additional nights reserved. Can't say anything positive. Nicer, cheaper places nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
All Guest Rooms have been inspected for quality. All maintenance items have been address. As a tip for all travelers around the Globe; " You should never give out your credit card or personal information to a random phone call in the middle of the night. We try to inform our guests of scams that we know circulate the globe"".
CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I read the reviews here before going. I knew what many below said was probably true. You guys were spot on!
This place stunk.
The screens were missing or broken.
The carpeting was stained and dirty.
The beds sit on plastic cup with white powder. I don't know what it is but could it be for bed bugs? Disgusting...
Hallway was filthy and disgusting.
Shuttle van had torn, bent seats inside. Something from a ghetto.
Breakfast was small. Juice, Milk, Coffee, Bagels, Muffins. Muffins were Costco and frozen.
Look at the pictures and run the other direction..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Adam K, Manager at Long House Alaskan Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
All items in this review have been fully addressed by management. The Hotel is currently undergoing renovations to the Hotel Guest Rooms and common areas. New photos of these upgrades have been posted on our website and added to TripAdvisor. please take a moment to see the Photos provided by management.
Fairbanks, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Anchorage hotels are a priced high in the summer when there is a demand, so this place can get the bucks. The room was huge, could have fit 4 double beds. No frig as listed for the deluxe room. Towels were stained and there weren't enough. Also small roll of TP to start.
I was able to open all the windows which was nice for fresh air and the night was quiet except for one idiot with a car alarm.

check in wasn't very good. I was in a hurry and nobody was at the front desk. finally after 10 mins, I spotted a phone and called the front desk. I said I want to check in and she said she would be right there. when she got there, I saw her sign to call but she covered it up...so I couldn't see it....duh!

$150 for this was awful. I would have been ok for $50.

no blankets on beds, only gross bedspreads that never get washed...who wants to cover with those. one pillow,,,,no pillow case. yea, no lie.
bathroom floor was dirty, never swept. Carpet is nasty on the stairs, disgusting, they should be embarrassed.

no edible breakfast, sour coffee but Gwennies is across the street and I love their Crab omelet.

Room Tip: Read an article that they were considering turning this into apts. for the mentally ill....probably...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Management has implemented a processes of inspecting our Guest Rooms prior to renting to ensure overall quality. We are also renovating our Guest Rooms with New laminate Hardwood flooring, accented walls. Any items that is in need of repair will also be addressed. please see the New photos of the Hotel property on our website.
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been staying at the Long House since I sold my condominium. I can say without qualification that this has been the best hotel experience I have ever had. The service is wonderful and the staff is always there when you need them. My room is always clean, and the desk staff is always on it's toes when it comes to the well being of the guests. The other important thing I would like to mention is that of the interaction of the guests and staff. It is always nice to hear where the fishing is good and to hear the fishermen's tall tales. The location is close to the airport and their shuttle service is very efficient. I use this service a lot and they are ready to go when I am. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Adam K, Manager at Long House Alaskan Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with us! We will continue to provide Great guest Services. We try very hard to anticipate the needs of all travelers.
Grand Junction, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This place is horrible-dirty, dingy rooms. Wayyy overpriced. Walpaper was peeling, flat pillows-this is tue worst hotel I have ever stayed at.The continental breakfast consists of stale bagels. It's evident that the owners are trying to rip visitors off.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Long House Alaskan Hotel? Share your experiences!