my flight was super delayed, so i gave the hotel a call and told them i would be checking in after 2am, the guy on the phone was nice, said it was no problem. when we got to the hotel, there was one person at the counters. she was nice gave us our keys told us the details and we went right up to the room to sleep.
the beds are insanely comfortable, you melt in to them, we did a quick look around the room, nice large window, flat screen tv, fridge/microwave/coffee maker *** the little things that make me happy, coffee maker was CLEAN!!! the entire thing including the water holding area, and inside the microwave was a little set of utensils and a disposable plate which ive never seen before at any hotel ive stayed at so that got a little star from me.
the same morning just a few hours later we got ready and decided to try the bistro/cafe thing they have in the lobby. the staff there was 50/50 my sis ordered food and the person at the register just went through the motions didnt ask how she wanted anything just put in the basic order. while i waited behind her, the other person who was bringing the food out to other people, asked me what i wanted, and asked me bread choices, how i wanted my eggs, what kind of sausage i wanted etc very detailed and my breakfast came out good, my sis didnt like hers. for the price however its not worth it.
before we left the hotel for the day, we asked about the laundry facility i knew they had some avail but we didnt know if it was free or we had to pay... sis asked the lady at the counter about it and she told us its $1.50 and we would have to find our own change for the machine, because they dont have "cash registers"
fast forward 8 hrs, and 2 younger girls were now working the counters, we were hanging out in the lobby sitting area snuggling up with the fire place after we combined all of our quarters and was able to do 1 load of wash. well the washing machines, while convenient smelled so bad, like mold- it was obv the door was always shut after washing.(not there fault but someone should check up on them every once in awhile and run some bleach through it) we needed more $ for the dryer and i went to the girls and asked if they had change and wouldnt you know, a full cash register draw opened up and she gave me 3$ in quarters with no attitude unlike the lady a few hours earlier.
>>>the laundry soap however, was not a regular name brand, im not sure if they wash the linens with the same brand but im 99.9% sure im having a allergic reaction to it. me and my other guest both broke out in hives, and still have rashes all over my arms/legs almost a week later.
i would stay here again, it was very nice, and comfortable. close to the airport, and the highways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott surrounds travelers with the conveniences that make business and pleasure travel easy. Relax and get ready for the day ahead in one of our spacious guest rooms with plush bedding, well lit work desk with ergonomic chair, two phones with data ports, complimentary wireless internet access, microwave & refrigerator, complimentary weekday newspaper and in-room coffee. Plus, it's close to the airport and we offer complimentary airport shuttle service. Enjoy our newly redesigned lobby, with coffee and cocktail bar and media pods. The Bistro serves breakfast and dinner.When you need to unwind at the end of the day, take advantage of our swimming pool, whirlpool and exercise room. Courtyard: the hotel designed by business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Marriott, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Anchorage Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Anchorage Airport Hotel Anchorage
- Courtyard Anchorage Airport
- Anchorage Courtyard
- Anchorage Marriott