“Great Downtown Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Warton, United Kingdom
“Great Downtown Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Comfortable hotel, triple rooms available, room clean and nicely furnished, staff very helpful. 5 minute walk from main downtown area, Free parking and shuttle to airport, 2 minute walk to the 'Tony Mills' trail.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Wasilla
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The customer service was horrendous! Aside of the clogged sink, broken pipes leaking water into my belongings and leaving black sediment everywhere for me to clean up - I would never treat my clients like that! The Assistant General Manager along with her male Housekeeping Supervisor are "Bullies". The male Housekeeping Supervisor opened the door to the room while my children (ages 10 & 16) were changing reminding us of the check out time (which we had exceeded by a few minutes at that point). When I asked him to please step out of the room and close the door till my girls were dressed he proceed to enter further into the room, keeping one hand on the open door & restating check out time. My kids covered themselves in the corner of the bedroom and crouched down hollering "MOM!". I had to ask him a total of 4 times to please exit the room till my daughters were dressed before I personally had to escort him through the door - allowing me to close it behind me. I went to the Assistant General Manager who then express no apology or concern what-so-ever for the safety or embarrassment of my girls, supported her male Housekeeping Supervisor's actions, and was only concerned with the additional 4 minutes that the girls were in the room changing. When I told her that I wanted to file a complaint and asked for her name, position, business card & phone number to Corporate she ordered me off the premises and laughed as she added "look it up on line". The only response I was ever afforded by the male Housekeeping Supervisor was "you ordered me out of the room & I couldn't see anything anyways". Frankly I'm disgusted and all of you should be as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We arrived in Anchorage a night ahead of our Alaskan cruise. We chose this hotel mostly because it had a free airport shuttle which picked us up promptly and free breakfast. The hotel staff were very helpful and helped book us a taxi as we were a family of 5 we needed a minivan. Which came on time and dropped us off at the convention center. Breakfast was in fact very good for a complimentary type one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Juneau, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are a little dated the corn but they're very clean and very well set up. They are almost 2 separate rooms a living room with the TV then Apollo bed in the bedroom with the true bad in another TV. Would be really great for a bigger family but it was perfect for individual on a business trip as I could do work in one area and sleep in the other. The full breakfast in the morning is also a nice benefit fresh eggs and fruit and meet it was a good deal

• Stayed September 2013
Cumberland, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed one night on July 20, 2013. The hotel was busy, but the staff was efficient and helpful. The room was comfortable, roomy, and clean. The breakfast the next morning was disappointing. The hotel is only a few blocks out of the main downtown area and within easy walking distance to the shops and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
nsw
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Rooms were comfy and room but service not up to scratch. Probably because of the monopoly this hotel has in Anchorage. Very busy place.

Breakfast was less than basic. Powdered scrambled eggs, broken toasters, long queues, very little choice for hot food, infact it was powdered eggs or cereal

Cannot believe that some reviews say 'wonderful breakfast' They must stay at some dreadful places

Front desk could definitely be more welcoming as the first thing we were told was that 'check in is at 3". Nice Greeting. Also reluctant with tourist info and guidance

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very nice place to stay....Staff is wonderful....I dealt with a lovely young lady..Name Misty...We took advantage of two nights.....Clean.......Good price for Ancorage, especially downtown...Felt almost at home....Wonderful breakfast.......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!