We booked this hotel on a website that only lists Star rating and price. We had stayed here in the past and were happy before.
We checked in at midnight, and unfortunately had to wait for another guest to check in and ask many, many, questions about the hotel and different services (strange since she was leaving at 4 AM that morning anyway, but I digress).
I think that the rooms have been renovated since we last stayed here and we were vey happy with the comfortable sitting chairs, the duvet and the HD TV. The only problem with our room was that one of the corner protectors on the wall had fallen off and was leaning in the closet. Not a problem, but just something that should have been fixed with a bit of glue.
Like I said above, we got in late from the airport late and were planning to leave early to shop before returning home to Seward after a trip 'outside'. When we checked in, it was late and we were glad to be put in room 210, the first room you pass after leaving the front desk - since it meant a short walk. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that this meant that everyone leaving the hotel would pass our door on their way out.
We started getting woken up by loud talking in the hall at 3:45 AM, and then about every 15-25 minutes thereafter until we finally got out of bed around 8 AM - not very rested. People weren't being obnoxious, but they were talking in a normal voice as they were walking out to the lobby at 0' Dark thirty in the early morning when they should have been more considerate. We heard people talking about their flights, their relatives, and even the government shutdown causing them to worry about their house payments! I don't think they were trying to be loud, but the door has a gap at the bottom and isn't very tight, so we could hear everything.
Like I said, the hotel is nice, but room 210 is inappropriate for normal use due to the noise. If we had to stay here again we would, just not in this room - we needed sleep and we got some, but not what we expected or really needed.
The breakfast bar was great and well stocked - I especially liked the pancake machine - never seen one of those before.
Keep up the good work, and if you need a storage room or an office for the Assistant Hotel Manager, just use room 210 and don't give it to guests unless every other room in the hotel is full!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport is conveniently located just 1 mile from the Ted Steven s Anchorage International Airport and 10 minutes from Anchorage s historic downtown district, with all the major shopping and fine dinning restaurants. Take a ride on the Alaska Railroad, see the starting line of the world famous Iditarod trail, kids can play at the Imaginarium or H2Oais Indoor Water Park. Attend events at the Egan Center, the Sullivan Arena,the new Dena ina Civic & Convention Center or Anchorage s Performing Arts Center. Alyeska Ski Resort and the town of Girdwood are a short drive south on the New Seward Highway, along the Turnagain Arm where you can look out for wildlife such as moose, Dall sheep and the bald eagle. But if you don t see them on the road, you can visit the Alaska Zoo or Big Game Alaska Wildlife Center. Surrounding companies include, BP Exploration, Conoco Phillips, North Slope Telecom, Inc., and Arctic Slope Regional Corp. The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport has 129 smartly appointed guestrooms, with microwaves and refrigerators in all rooms, Free wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, 24 hour airport shuttle, and our Express Start Breakfast Bar featuring our world famous cinnamon rolls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Anchorage