“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edmonton, AB Canada
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

We stayed here five days and really enjoyed it. The rooms, more like one bedroom apartments were nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. There's no view as you're in a mixed residential/office building area. The restaurant and free breakfast are excellent. Mon - Thurs they provide refreshments, tacos, hot dogs, different each night, with wine and beer. It was sufficient for dinner if you ate out at lunch.

Make sure you go to Whittier for the Glacier Cruise. Take the catamaran, it's faster you'll see more.

If you're there in late June/July go to Potter's Marsh to see the spawning salmon.

Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

Just came back from our 3 day/weekend stay at this hotel. We had a 2 Bedroom/bathroom suite for the 5 of us. There was a full kitchen with microwave (good for the popcorn they provided), fridge & dishwasher. Our girls stayed in one bedroom while our son was happy to have the living room as his room with the couch as his bed. The bedrooms were quite small but comfortable. Free wireless access was a sure plus.
Check in was a breeze. We were in our room in no time.
Since we arrived at 4 AM due to a delayed connecting flight, we left the room later in the PM the following day. Housekeeping forgot to clean our room inspite our reminder to make sure they tended to it. They also left us 2 shampoos for the 5 of us but came quickly to give us additional supplies.The next day, inspite a generous tip left for the housekeeper, she did a rather poor job tidying up after us.
I hardly ever do laundry while away on vacation but since we had our whole family with us, I had to. The soap dispensing machine ate up my coins. When I called Front Desk, I was asked to come down to get my refund. She later gave me free softener to make up for the trouble. By the time I used the dryer, it again ate up my coins. I was really having a terrible laundry day. Thankfully I had extra coins since I was tired of coming up & down the halls to get my refunds.
Breakfast however was another story. It was in a very brightly lit room & had great choices - from self made waffles to hot scrambles eggs with different sides evry day, frsh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, breads etc. We were taken care of by a number of very attentive staff members. Special mention goes to Patricia who was extremely cheerful & helpful.
Check out was done quickly & we were refunded our money for the dryer.
Will probably chose another property next time although I couldn't complain too much since our $89 + Friends & Family rate was well worth it this time around.

• Stayed April 2007
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2006

This hotel was chosen for us by the company we were visiting whose offices are about a block away. It has a good motel type accommoation with huge clean rooms including a kitchen area with dishwasher, fridge and microwave.

There was happy hour each evening when there was two free glasses of wine of beer along with a free snack type buffett (e.g. hot dogs). Also, the hotel had a small hotel and gym. Free boradband was good as were the staff who were very friendly and helpful.

It's location is about a 15 minute cab ride from downtown and as there wasn't much in the nearby area in the way of bars and restaurants we went there every evening.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2006

This hotel was really nice and convienantly located to Downtown and other attractions. I was there on business at Ft. Richardson and the drive did not take long at all.
Anyways, on to the hotel.....the staff there was so nice and helpful. The manager's reception during the week day was awesome. They pretty much served a full meal. The breakfast was great too.
The rooms were nice and clean on a daily basis. They were also very spacious.
This hotel was by far the best Residence Inn that I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Adirondack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2006

We were able to book only a studio but we a large and clean room with a full kitchen that included a full size refrigerator. Very quiet. Clean laundry room. Plenty of free parking spaces. Breakfast had everything we needed and more. Friendly and helpful staff. Perfect location near UAA. Comfortable beds. We never had a chance to use swimming pool or tennis court. I think that the reviewer who wrote about dusty pillows, bad beds, terrible location, weak breakfast must make a mistake and stayed in some another property.
Good news for non-smokers. As you may know all Marriott Hotels are going smoke free starting this October. What a great thing for all of us non-smokers

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

I've just returned from a business trip to Anchorage and I stayed at two different hotels in the city, I just wished that I had only stayed at this Hotel for the entire time! The Hotel is on the way to the Airport so it isn't in town/downtown so you'll need transport or taxi to the downtown area, that isn't a problem as you get to see some more of the city. The reception staff were very helpful and prompt and answered all my questions with a friendly smile. The room/suite was fantastic and well appointed. I had a fire place which was welcoming and warm. The kitchenette was very useful too. I slept like a baby in the comfortable bed and soft / firm pillows. The suite's lounge area was useful as I could spread out all my stuff so I didn't feel closed in. The views/glimpses from the windows were fine. I didn't hear any noise from the hallway or other rooms so it was a quite stay.
The business services were good and the high speed internet is essential.
The location of the Hotel may not be a tourist attraction but the Hotel and its standard of service was an attraction. The food was great and met all my needs including freash fruit. I noticed a lot of kids having fun in the Hotel heated pool and around the place so it seemed family friendly. I would stay here again as it was close to everything and was a haven amongst the surrounding office blocks and shopping centres.

• Liked — Suite comfort and amenities
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
Lower Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2006

We stayed here twice on our vacation, once in August and once in September. The room was ready early both times and they let us have a late check out with no hassle. Hotel staff was friendly and accomodating. Pool/hot tub/sauna were all nice and clean. Room was huge and was fully stocked with dishes, etc. Fridge was cold and they had an icemaker in the freezer! TV was good with a swivel so you could watch it in bed or in the seating area. Shower was great, awesome water pressure. They have a great free breakfast (biscuits and gravy, waffles, sausage, eggs, cereals, muffins, etc.) Hot tea/coffee/cocoa available in lobby 24 hours a day and FREE! Evening during the weekdays had a free "light meal" one time we had ceasar salad and snacks the other night was nachos and other snacks. It really is a nice treat. Also 2 free alcholic beverages for adults on weeknights at the light meal. Computer with free internet in lobby too. Free parking. The beds were awesome, so comfortable. I don't have a single complaint about this place. It was our first time at a Residence Inn, we will stay there again for sure!
Happy travels!

Stayed September 2006

Been to Residence Inn Anchorage Midtown? Share your experiences!