“One of the best hotels in Anchorage!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wrangell, Alaska
“One of the best hotels in Anchorage!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel multiple times and am always amazed at the excellent service, spotless rooms and great complimentary meals. This is one of the best hotels in Anchorage. This trip I used the laundry service and it too was perfect.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I always honestly review hotels and it is easy to find faults with any hotel but this Residence Inn stands out from the many that I have stayed in recently. The staff here are some of the best and friendliest I have encountered. I was part of a two day business meeting and they kept the room clean, the coffee pots full and hot, served us great food and we very helpful with any questions. Their business center got wiped out by a water loss a day or two before I checked in but the Front Desk helped me out by printing out FEDEX shipping labels for my packages.

The location is South of downtown but not near much within walking distance. You should plan on renting a car if you want to explore the area.

The breakfast buffets at other Residence Inns are déjà vu all over again: exactly the same thing every day. Not here! They vary the offering a little bit and everything was served hot and fresh. Very refreshing!

My room was kept spotless by Aileen. It was large, well stocked with a microwave and a full size stove.

Two minor criticisms. The walls are thin and the snow plow drivers cleaning the parking lot next door at 3 am woke me up. Also, Anchorage has some of the worst public water I have encountered. On your way stop at any grocery store and buy a couple bottle of filtered water, you will wish otherwise if you don't!

In summary, an excellent choice! I look forward to returning.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The management is very poor in this hotel !!! I am staying here 90 days I asked to be upgraded to a 2 bedroom room and it was granted and I was told no problems since I work for Krogers .I checked 4 times over the course of the next few days and I packed everything up got it ready for the move . I had to leave for the weekend to go visit my Daughter in Washington and I was told again no problems everything would be moved . When I got back nothing was moved and they are telling me that they now want another $20 a day !!! I did not recieve a apology or anything!!! Today the assitant manager told me if I dont like it stay at another Hotel !! I have 46 more days at $159 a night before I move into my apartment .....Very Poor management.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
St Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed three nights here and enjoyed everything except the pool and hot tub because of the very many kids. The is a long term stay hotel for families moving to Anchorage so the number of kids was far more than we have ever experienced with any Marriott brand. The location is perfect-- 15 mins from airport, downtown, Dimond mall, and Cook Inlet and the great Ted Stevens Coastal Trail.

Room Tip: Request a studio room with fireplace--very cozy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hempstead, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff were very helpful with accommodations, advising where to eat fresh fish, good tours, etc.

Needed to change rooms to be closer to elevator for my dad and they didn't hesitate to make the change.

Breakfast was your typical no frills type, but would recommend this hotel for travelers wanting a good experience during your stay in Anchorage.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Every staff member "owned" the experience the guest was having. They say "hello" whether it is front desk or housekeeping. The van driver liked his job and it is clear that the manager of this property values the employees and they pass that down to the customer. Clean, up-to-date and comfortable, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bethel, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was my second time staying at this hotel in a couple years. I was asked to leave largely due to my grumpy uncle. At my regular hotel, they do not due this to me, they ask them to be a little more quiet before they ask you to leave. Anyways a few days have passed and I find that I am charged over $600 by the hotel for one nite. The hotel said that I was smoking in the room even though I did not. I guess I ended up paying for another guests mistake and this is ok by their standard. I called to see if it can be resolved but they have not even returned my call. The staff seems way poor compared to my first stay. I will not stay here again and I ask others not to stay here if they do not want to be charged for other guests errors.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn Anchorage Midtown? Share your experiences!