“Good Anchorage Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

New Jersey
“Good Anchorage Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Comfortable, clean hotel.
Bring clothespins to keep the drapes shut, as the 20 hour summer daylight will make it difficult to get to sleep. And along with the clothespins, request a room on the side of the hotel where the sun rises, or else you will have a very hot room with the drapes open. Finally, although there is shampoo and conditioner, body lotion is NOT supplied, so bring your own.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Grantsburg, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I often stay at Springhills and this one was just as nice as any other. Very clean. We were treated well from the front desk to the maintenance person. The breakfast was huge. Would definitely stay again. Walking distance to Outback Restauarant.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Mandurah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We flew from New York and arrived after midnight, the hotel shuttle picked us up promptly. There were 6 of us in 3 rooms. Our room was on the front and appeared to be a disabled room. It was spacious, as was the bathroom, but fairly basic. We were extremely tired and went straight to bed by this time it was 2am. Some time during the night we heard children running and shouting along the corridor. At 6.30am we were woken by a couple having a domestic, lots of swearing and the kids yelling. I rang the front desk and explained the situation. They were very apologetic and after half an hour the yelling and swearing stopped, too late we were wide awake. Breakfast was interesting, make your own waffle and help yourself to whatever was there, ok. There were families with young children, all in pyjamas and bare feet, not what we were used to and for $200 canadian, not my cup of tea. The other 2 couples had a better night, they were on the back of the hotel with a good view of the mountains. There was a laundry, which was handy, as we had been travelling around America and needed to freshen up our stuff before getting on the cruise ship. The shuttle bus dropped us downtown after we checked out, this driver was a kamakaze pilot, but we made it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed here twice during our recent trip to Alaska and had a great time. Clean, comforable and value for money property. Service was good and so was the breakfast. The front desk staff even packed us the breakfast as we were leaving early in the morning and did not have time to sit down and have breakfast. Highly recommened.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Nice breakfast choices, nice staff, good location, good cookies, and room layout comfortable. Internet a bit 'off' but otherwise a pleasant stay

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Kotzebue, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I have stayed at this for the past 15+ year because I like the location. I stay at this hotel for my work/business and personal travel into Anchorage with friends and family.
Within the last three + years I have had some problems with hotel clerks but not as bad as my last stay. I travel down with my family and stayed four nights from 5/11 through 5/14/11 which was paid for with my Wells Fargo Visa. I made these reservations before the summer rates at $99.00 plus tax which would be $110.88. I made reservation for another family member who came into Anchorage on 5/14/11 at the same rate for one night but when I paid for the room for the one night I was charged $140.00. I asked the desk clerk why is the rate at $140.00 instead of $110.88, he told me it was for in case something got broken. I asked him, "wouldn't you charge the person only if something was broken" I know that a customer is charged if they charge sodas or movies, but not immediately. Anyway, it sounded strange and I let it pass because he said the $29.12 would be release when the person checked out. The next day when we all checked out and I went to the front office to use the computer to check my checking account, I noiced that I was charged another $230.00 on my checking account. I immediately brought this to their attention and why I was charged an additional $230.00. The clerks really couldn't explain why, only that someone meaning one of my family members must have called to add additional nights to one of the rooms. I told them that no one would call them without asking me to add additional nights, because I would be the one to request and pay for the rooms on my Visa card. So, the staff charged to my Visa card without my permisson, signature or receipt. I spent unpleasant hour and half with the hotel staff asking why and who gave them permission to do and I was charged an overdraft fee for this. I had to move money from my saving account to cover this. So, I was charged $370.00 for one night and they told me they would do whatever and ask the bank to refund $230.00 plus and the additional $29.00 immediately. This has not happened yet as of today. I could go on and on about the attitides of the hotel desk clerks, especially two who are rude and unpleasant and shouldn't be dealing the public. I know I'm not the only one who has a complaint, but this last incident is unprofessional and not contacting and charging customers without permission. I would like my $259.12 credited back to my checking account immediately.

Katherine Uhl
Kotzebue, Alaska 99752
907-442-5329 (work phone)

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

staff was very hospitible, helpful and kind, breakfast buffet was great, fitness room was sufficient. need better curtain to darken room in summer months, also need curtain that when you close them they don't cover the a/c, it really gets hot in the rooms, liked that they had a fridg and micro wave, they had a vending machine in the lobby are that sold food items to microwave

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Anchorage Midtown? Share your experiences!