“I have never been treated so poorly....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Historic Downtown

You added Quality Suites Historic Downtown to your Saves list
Quality Suites Historic Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   325 West 8th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501 (Formerly Quality Suites Near Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
“I have never been treated so poorly....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed here a few times, its an ok hotel. we likeD it because we are a family of 5 and we could get 2 beds plus a pullout couch for our oldest..perfect...
But in a recent trip to Anchorage we went straight there, to check in as usual...only to be greeted by THE RUDEST young lady I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Let me try to list this in a way that you can understand my frustration...
1st of all they were charging more than I have EVER seen them charge, and I've come here in all seasons.
2nd, I have ALWAYS received an Alaska resident discount, its not a huge savings, but it makes me feel better about their prices.
3rd she tells me that the pool is out of service and there will be no adjustment to the price or anything for the inconvenience.
-At this point I made some calls to see if I could find a comparable hotel....I didn't....so I returned to the front desk to carry on with check in though I was thoroughly unhappy already.-
She then goes on to tell me that the only room she can ( or will at least) offer me is at the far end of the building and asks if that will be alright. I (confused) asked what difference that made besides a little longer walk to the room. She then proceeds to tell me that it is butted up to a bar and that people have been known to not get any sleep until the bar closes around 2-3 AM!!!!
Needless to say I left at this point...and will not return... There was also what appeared to be a manager nearby who did NOTHING to try to make me feel better about the situation but didn't have any trouble mumbling under his breath about me to the front desk worker when I was walking out. This is no way to keep customers, especially one that has been staying at your hotel 3-6 times a year....every year for nearly 8 years! Oh well, I'm happy to choose one of the other SEVERAL nice hotels in town that want my money and my business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

At first my family and I loved the hotel. The person that checked us in cause a little distant and rude. She gave a bad vibe. When we entered the room it was nice, and we loved it. But then next day we left at 7am and returned at 12pm to find that our room was not clean and our air conditioner was busted. Of course we told the person at the main counter and they told us they'd get on it so we left and returned again at 5pm. Once again, our room was filthy & the air conditioner was not fixed so we asked them again to please fix it. We left until 8:30pm and when we returned to our room it was still not cleaned (thank god the air conditioner was fixed). So we called and they said that all the cleaners were not here and we asked if we could at least get clean towels. We were tired& wanted to watch a movie so we looked through our options. The menu they had was cheap & there was no option to buy the movie. So we called and they said they would call back. We never received towels, we never received a clean room, and we never recieved service. This please is terrible and I recommend it to no one. Save your money people.

• Stayed June 2013
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Having missed out on the lodge experience when we took our Princess cruise of Alaska, we went back recently and concentrated on just that. When not at the lodges, we stayed here. It was a VERY nice hotel. Rooms were quiet, the staff was especially helpful. Breakfast was good, and very comprehensive. We had had problems with our flight, and eventually lost an entire day of travel. Our agent rebooked us, but we had lost that better rate for booking so far ahead. However, when
we checked in, I spoke with the desk staff just to see if they were running
any specials that we might qualify for anyway. She asked to see our original booking, and then immediately honored it at a cost much lower
than we had been looking at paying. That flight (on United--beware of using them!!), was one of the most dysfunctional travel experiences we have ever had, and that made this all the nicer, as it was a good person helping out people who had really suffered due to someone else's disfunctionality. Truthfully, in some ways, this much more modern facility with its microwave and fridge and universally well-trained staff was
almost preferable as a hotel to the Princess Wilderness lodge-as-hotel was, although of course, staying by Denali is its own reward, ha ha!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
QualitySuitesManager, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites Historic Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Seward, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The rooms were great. Lots of room. Good location. The breakfast had a nice selection. The pool was down for repairs but offered shuttle to another hotel pool.

The only problem was they billed us an extra night and when we tried to fix it they billed us again. The final amount that hit our account was staggering. It has taken several days to fix. It would have been nice to get an apology.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.I hope you can accept my apology for the huge inconvenience you experienced regarding your billing. We would be honored if you gave us another chance on your next visit!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here two nights after flying into town and then boarding the train to head north. The room was spacious and quite acceptable. They have a very convenient shuttle that picks you up from the airport (or takes you there) and also takes you to the train station. Downtown is in easy walking distance, and you're also right across the street from the Anchorage Museum. We were happy to converse with other guests who had flown to town to be treated at the local hospital. The only real downside was that there was only one dryer available, and it took 1.5 hours to dry a load of clothing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
QualitySuitesManager, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites Historic Downtown, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review online. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our shuttle services were convenient for you during your stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience our dryer caused you. I would like you to know that it was fixed. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again at our hotel.
Springville,TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was a great place for the cost all suites with a bedroom and a sitting area with a door between, close to town. The breakfast which is a hot one was great.Able to walk to downtown.
Will stay there again.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
QualitySuitesManager, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites Historic Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2013

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel in the future. The room was fully outfitted with all of the amenities and the staff was very helpful and kind. The location was great for shopping.

It is located downtown near the convention center and a large multi-story mall. Everything, including food, is much more expensive in Anchorage than you may be used to in the lower 48. My wife and I each had a gyro with fries and a drink in the food court for a total of almost $25.

The only slight complaint that we had was the breakfast. The eggs were of a scrambled sort that were very tough and cold. Also, there was little fruit and no yogert. Other than that, there was ample selection, mostly of the high-carbs type. Coffee was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
QualitySuitesManager, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites Historic Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review online. I am glad that you enjoyed your accommodations at our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again at our hotel.

Been to Quality Suites Historic Downtown? Share your experiences!