“Decent budget hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 69 hotels in Anchorage
Connecticut
“Decent budget hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel is a decent budget hotel, clean, comfortable. Good complimentary breakfast and shuttle service to the ariport and train station and key spots in town. It is "convenient to" but not "in" downtown, its a long walk or short shuttle ride to downtown Anchorage

Room Tip: Choose "creek side" away from railroad tracks.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
cgiliam, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for your compliments on Tripadvisor! The staff here at Comfort Inn strives to give our guests the best experience possible and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future!

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I realize that at times it's difficult to 'have your cake and eat it too'. We stayed for 2 nights, nice room, good breakfast and perfect location for those leaving early on train. Ship Creek is an interesting location, we got to experience the local tent market which featured many hand made crafts and some amazing wildlife photos from locals. My only caveat would be noise from train horns...all night. Friday night was bad but seemed to subside on Saturday night. One final thought, someone could probably make a good living opening a small 'all night' diner next door. We arrived late and the only convenient place to eat is a $45 buffet at The Bridge. We finished our travel snacks and called it a night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your compliments on Tripadvisor! We at Comfort Inn are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us even though you had a rough time with the noise from the train. I hope that even though there were passing trains in the night, you will think to stay with us again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Carrollton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We started our land trip out and ended it in Anchorage and we chose Comfort Inn, Ship Creek for our stays there. Although it was not a five star resort, we found it to be very comfortable and convenient to the train station that we would need to get on to go to our ship embarkation in Whittier. We enjoyed the very ample breakfast that they provided each morning, saving us money from not having to eat out. They had an indoor pool and workout room and we loved coming back to the hotel in the evenings and having the smell of freshly baked, warm cookies greet us. Although it was early in the salmon season when we went, they do provide fishing poles for anyone wishing to try their hand at fishing on Ship Creek which is right in back of the hotel. Our room had a coffee maker, mini-frig and microwave also. We never noticed the trains at night and slept like babies and Aaron at the front desk was a big help in finding a pack-and- ship place for us and giving us good directions to get there as well as directions to some restaurants. Thank you! We definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
cgiliam, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for your generous comments on Tripadvisor! We here at Comfort Inn are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you had an amazing trip here in Alaska. We hope that you stay with us again sometime in the future. Thank you!
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We started and ended our spring trip to Alaska at the Comfort Inn. One of the reasons we chose this hotel is its proximity to the Alaska Railroad, which we rode northbound and back, and it's also close to the weekend market. The service was very good-- we received helpful advice from hotel staff about top restaurants and dependable shuttle service to town and the airport. On a night when we were too tired to dine out, we consulted the hotel's list of restaurants for delivery and received a recommendation from the front desk. Compared to three other hotels we stayed in, this was the only hotel that had a pool and fitness room. The complimentary breakfast was handy and we appreciated its long service, 5-9 am. Overall, we found our stay at the Comfort Inn Ship Creek a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
cgiliam, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you very much for you kind compliments about the Comfort Inn Ship Creek. The team here at Comfort works very hard to give the greatest service to our guests possible and we are very glad that you enjoyed yoursleft. We hope to see you again in the future!
la
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I agree with some others have said about this hotel.. It may be convenient to the rail terminal but I was here during the winter on busoness and the hotel is not close to anything. it is at the bottom is a hill and at times I was not sure the rental car was going to make it on the snow/ice.
The front desk folks are so uninterested in their jobs I could not believe it.
The internet had to be the worse...not just in the room, where i gave up, bu it was just as bad at the "business" termianl located in the lobby. Every web site was an "internet timeout" "could not retrieve the page". I waited until I got to a Starbucks to do any work.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Leavenworth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Room was okay. Nothing special, nothing awful.

The location might be fine when the weather's better, but during the winter, being down at the bottom of a hill wasn't so fun with the snow-packed roads. I never got stuck, but it was a near thing.

And the internet was bad, not at all reliable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
cgiliam, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that our guest internet was not working for you during your stay. We did receive more complaints about the efficiency about our internet system and since have upgraded to a much faster, more efficient system. We want to make sure that we do everything possible to make our guests have a pleasant stay with us. I do apologize about the road conditions though and unfortunately those are out of my control. Thank you again for your feedback as it can only help us improve.
Willis, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I came in on a late flight and was given an unbearably smelly room, room 106. Couldn't sleep and requested a room change at 3am. I moved across the hall and slept a few hours. Next morning I discovered that my coat, car keys and cell phone were gone, stolen from the first room while I slept. I had to call Hertz for replacement keys and nearly missed my interview that morning. The following morning there was no internet service and so I left to find another hotel in town. But I left my pillow in the room and called them at noon to see if they had it. Nope, it is also gone. I have replaced my coat, rental car, cell phone and bought a trac-phone while my new phone ships to my job site. I have not yet replaced my pillow, I still can't get over that fact that someone stole that. But it seems to indicate that the thief is an employee of the hotel. Management has taken no responsibility at all. I do not know who owns this hotel or I would write this letter to them.

Room Tip: Internet does not work, they may rob you blind, or like me, cause you to waste an additional day in...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Catherine B, Guest Services Manager at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. I deeply apologize that your stay at this hotel was terrible and about all of the situations that had happen to you. I understand how frustrating this is and I would like to talk to you further about the situation. I apologize again for your negative experience and I hope you do not judge the entire company by this experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. I would like to resolve this situation. Thank you for your time and your feedback.

Catherine Bly
Guest Services Manager

Been to Comfort Inn Ship Creek? Share your experiences!