“Rooms are nice service was terrible” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #19 of 69 Hotels in Anchorage
“Rooms are nice service was terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Took over a month to clear up an accounting issue. I talked with someone that said they would clear it up for me and after checking a month later and several phone calls I finally resolved it by going in personally. I was frustrated by the non communication. A simple returned phone call would have been nice. I will not stay at this hotel again. I don't feel that I was treated well.

• Stayed September 2013
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Linkalive,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review of your visit on tripadvisor. Thank you for complimenting us our guest rooms. I am very sorry to learn that you encountered a problem with our hotel accounting and that we did not do a good job of communicating with you to resolve the issue. You absolutely should not have had to come into the hotel to get it fixed. I don't blame you for being frustrated and for not feeling like you were treated well. I won't try to make any excuses on our part. We should have resolved your issue immediately and showed a sense of urgency in doing so. I feel terrible that we let you down.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about the issue, and what we could have done better. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your experience with me so that we are best able to improve.

My direct line at the hotel is 907-343-3143, or you may email me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could give this hotel an Excellent+ rating in every category. The staff provided impeccable service and hospitality. Particularly so David Blome, Guest Experience Manager, and James who works evenings in In-Room Dining. I recommend breakfast in the Jade Room. Made-to-order omelettes, Belgian waffles, and reindeer sausage were especially yummy.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Heathmo206,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your visit on tripadvisor. It is great to read that you describe our hotel as "top notch" and our service impeccable. I appreciate you pointing out the exceptional service provided by Guest Experience Manager David Blome and James in our IRD department. Both are shining examples of associates who truly care about providing personal service for our guests. I will be sure to pass your compliments along. I am so glad that you enjoyed dining in Jade. Chef Jon and the culinary/service teams do a great job.

We are grateful for your patronage and willingness to share your experience with us.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Downtown location with walking distance to the Mall and restaurants (within 10 mins). Hotel is renovated, rooms are small but updated. View from higher floor over the downtown, water and mountains. Fitness club on 15th floor overlooking downtown and business center is located on main floor. Hotel has also spa (did not try out) since prices are on the high end. Hotel restaurant offers buffet breakfast for $16.00, lunch and dinner. For lunch and dinner would suggest across the street restaurant called Sizzlin Café or Club Paris 10 mins walk for fresh fish/seafood. Downtown Anchorage is nothing spectacular except for the views of mountains. 45 mins drive to Girdwood is spectacular with mountains and water all around - highly recommend if you have a car. To summarize the hotel is ok especially if you travel on business. People in Anchorage are very friendly which was a big but positive surprise as some look rough at first look.

Room Tip: Higher floor to see the mountains, or club level on 11th floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Pdokulil,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your last visit on tripadvisor. We are grateful for the comments and feedback. Thanks too for commenting on our renovated hotel, great views and convenient location.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Sheraton Anchorage was great for the few nights I stayed in Anchorage. It was not too far from the airport and easy to find. The lobby, spa and restaurant were lovely. The room was clean but very standard. Not at all for a romantic getaway or if you plan to spend a ton of time in the room. If you need a warm clean and comfortabe place to sleep and shower this is your best pick. The staff at the front desk was super friendly. I'd stay here again!

Room Tip: The higher up, the better the view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear April Ann S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on tripadvisor. I am so glad you had a "great" visit with us. We appreciate your commenting on our "warm, clean, comfortable accommodations, super friendly staff and convenient location. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. It's gratifying to read your review, and receive your recommendation. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

Larchmont, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Booked two nights because we arrived at 1am on Sat and departed Sun @ 6 am. Desk staff was nice, but sleepy when we checked in.

We were upgraded to executive privileges bc of SPG account, so not a larger room, but access to lounge for bfast/snacks - always appreciated! Room faced water and was MUCH nicer than our stay about 3 years ago - bathrooms are still European small - but spotlessly clean. Also waved the cleaning in the room for 500 points, but received a $5 voucher instead?!?(Had to use onsite by checkout date...just saw that as I was cleaning out my wallet.)

Used spa - w o n d e r f u l! Peaceful. Great view of mountains. Spa Manager - You need to enforce the quiet policy - the lounge was just outside my husband's treatment room and a set of women there for a BD treat would not stop talking loudly - just rude...

We used the computer giant circle table in the lobby to do about an hours business email, etc. VERY NICE!

All in all - a solid SPG experience. Will use again for next Anchorage trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Riggingdiva,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your return visit with us. It was great to read that you saw a nice improvement from your stay 3 years ago. We appreciate your commenting on your Club Floor experience; Make a Green Choice program, Ice Spa and the cleanliness of your accommodations. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. It's gratifying to read your review. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

Thanks so much for the feedback and patronage! We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Spent 2 nights in this hotel, during my visit to Alaska. Since I am a platinum SPG member, they upgraded me to a nice junior suite, and complimentary breakfast. What a nice touch! The staff were very friendly and kind. Will definitely stay here again when I visit Anchorage.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Cookiebeast,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your stay on tripadvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to SPG and are glad we could do the upgrade. Thanks too for mentioning our "kind and friendly" staff. I will be sure to share your comments/experience with our entire team.

We are grateful for your feedback, and hope to serve as your hosts again very soon.

Mililani, Hawaii, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

First visit to Anchorage; in town for business. The Sheraton Anchorage was pretty standard. Nothing wrong...nothing spectacular. The lobby was decently upgraded, nice fireplace, and the rooms were clean, with the Sweet Sleeper bed. Bathrooms are abysmally small, but this seems par for older hotels in the brand. The staff was friendly. Got a room on the 14th floor, which I assume was a "preferred room"; I am Starwood Gold. I appreciated the location, as we were able to walk to the 5th Ave shopping center, and several decent dining options. Still waiting on points to credit for Make A Green Choice (waived housekeeping service), even though stay credits posted immediately after check out. Would consider the property again.

Room Tip: A room on an upper floor, that overlooks the water, as opposed to the cemetery.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Adam H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We appreciate your commenting on our clean rooms, amazing views, friendly staff and convenient location. I sent an email this morning confirming your Make a Green Choice points have been awarded. Sorry for the delay. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Been to Sheraton Anchorage Hotel? Share your experiences!