“Standard Sheraton” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
New York City, New York
“Standard Sheraton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We are a family of 4 that stayed here for one night as part of a post cruise tour. The accommodations were typical Sheraton-- clean and comfortable. Service was less than spectacular. I had called no less that 3 times to ensure we had connecting rooms and when we arrived,our two rooms were on the same floor but in completely different wings. Eventually they sorted it out and gave us connecting rooms. They also lost half of our luggage and it took them almost two hours to find it. Our luggage was dropped off by our tour operator but apparently was sent to several wrong rooms before being found. A breakfast buffet voucher was included with our package which was a nice surprise. Breakfast was decent, a typical hotel breakfast buffet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear JessLCH,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We appreciate your commenting on our clean and comfortable hotel. So sorry about the mix-up with connecting rooms and luggage. Glad we were able to get it figured out and we appreciate your patience while we did!

I hope you and the rest of the family had a great cruise and enjoyed amazing Alaska.

Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Ann Arbor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is quite old and in need of renovation. Even though downtown Anchorage is quite small, the hotel is somehow far away from downtown. They provide good service, but it is not spectacular. For example, they forgot to wake me up the only morning in which I had requested a wake up call to catch an early train. I complaint that day and also when I checked out from the hotel, after a few days I just a very standard email answering my complaint.
The room was large and nice, but with old furniture and it would be better if they replace the carpet.
Overall, a nice ok hotel but not what you expect for the price you pay.
Next time I'll stay at the Hotel Captain Cook if I need to stay in downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Claudio A,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on tripadvisor. I am very disappointed that some of the aspects off your stay were less than favorable. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

I will be sure to share your comments and experience (in an educational and constructive manner) with our entire service team. Our ultimate goal is to improve from each learning opportunity presented.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about your visit. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your stay with me so that we are best able to improve from your experience.

My direct line at the hotel is 907-343-3143, or you may email me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.
North Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

as a lifetome gold member I was upgraded to a executive level room which was comfortable and clean with the view I had requested
Staff was friendly and helpful as we had never been to anchorage before
location is a relatively short walk (10 minutes) to the main attractions restaurants etc
downtown
No problems just ok
good value

Room Tip: mountain view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve F,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your stay on trip advisor. We appreciate your mentioning our friendly staff, and clean, comfortable guest rooms, convenient location and value. I will be sure to share your comments/experience with our entire team.

Thank you so much for your feedback and patronage. We hope to have the opportunity to serve as your hosts again.

los angeles, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel was in a good location, the anchorage museum was walking distance away and we were only a five minute cab ride from the train station (the airport was about 20 minutes away). Lounge/lobby area was nice and they had old water with berries for guests which was a very nice touch. Rooms were clean and nice, pretty standard. Restaurant was empty and pricing seemed a bit high so we dined out. We had an after dinner drink at the bar which was had a nice woodsy feel about it. Would have been great if drinks were good but we had the worst mojito we've ever had and the waiter didn't seem to care. The place wasn't busy at all but still had a little bit of trouble getting attention and drinks but I suspect the Alaska pace of life might be slower than the LA / New York combo that we represented. In any case, I thought it was very cool that the bar had a free chips and salsa bar--- but also thought that was kind of weird in Alaska... In any case, we flew into Anchorage to take the train the following day into Seward to board a cruise so we just needed a place to stay for one night and this hit the spot perfectly, it was a nice hotel that had good accomodations.

Room Tip: try getting a higher floor room because the views are really pretty
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear TravelAround24,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your stay on trip advisor. We appreciate your mentioning our clean, well lit and comfortable lobby, and clean/nice guest rooms, convenient location and accommodations. I will be sure to share your comments/experience with our entire team.

Thank you so much for your feedback and patronage. We hope you had a great time on your cruise and enjoyed your visit to our beautiful state.

Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Sheraton Anchorage never fails us, specially upgrading to Club Lounge.... its very helpful to have some breakfast before hitting the road to explore Alaska. Thanks to Sahli in Club lounge , very friendly staff its a second home to us. This is our second visit in Alaska and I still love to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your first visit with us so much that you came back and stayed again! That is a wonderful compliment and we are so very grateful. We appreciate your commenting on your club level experience, and our fantastic team. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. It's gratifying to read your review. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team & especially to Salih!

We look forward to your next visit!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

great location and hotel. Rooms were nice and comfy to stay in. Hotel is walking distance to downtown, so you can walk. You definitely always need a car in Alaska. But if the day is sunny and beautiful, it's close enough to downtown for you to enjoy. My fiancé and I walked to dinner and the mall to get some things we needed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LolaCadieux,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit. I am so glad you had a nice visit. Thanks for commenting about our "nice, comfy rooms, and convenient location. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. I appreciate your sharing your experience and comments.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Alaska. Come back and see us again soon!
Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great for business and vacation stay. The Staff hooked me up to the best restaurants and places to visit. I got to see the Glaciers and a wild animal park on the way to the Glaciers.
Had a blast paying in the snow with my friend. Home away from home.

Room Tip: Membership to their "starwood preferred" is a must.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Duc1098,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on tripadvisor. It's great to hear that you considered our hotel as your home away from home during your visit to Anchorage. Thanks too for the compliments to our amazing staff and recommending membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest program.

So glad you enjoyed your visit to our amazing state. Come back and see us soon!

Take care.

Been to Sheraton Anchorage Hotel? Share your experiences!