“Best Bed!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Santa Rosa, California
“Best Bed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a standard King on the 14th floor (We're Starwood Rewards members) and this had to be one of the best beds we ever slept in! Their breakfasts are not included in the price but are good - recommend ordering off the menu rather than the buffet. There's nothing special about the buffet and it's more pricey than it should be for a buffet. While the menu selections are a smaller breakfast, they do a good job and the helpings of bacon were oversize! There wasn't much to the rest of the hotel and the price we actually paid was around $180/night. We thought that was a little more expensive than it should have been but the real shocker was the listed room standard rate on the door - in excess of $300/night! If that's real, it's so far out of line that I couldn't imagine staying here for that price. It really can't be classified as a luxury hotel. Also, the area right around the hotel is a little on the seedy side and you're not really in the main downtown area - about a 10 minute walk away. There's no swimming pool and the spa seems way overpriced and sort of out of character with the Anchorage experience.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a good view but the higher the better. Standard rooms are a little small.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Wberckmann,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on tripadvisor. We appreciate your commenting on our super comfortable beds, and breakfast in Jade. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was an excellent hotel! Stayed two nights to explore a little around Anchorage and Seward areas. Check in was warm, courteous and welcoming. All staff seemed willing to help and provide information as needed, and were always welcoming and smiling as you wandered in and out of the hotel. It is located at the eastern end of the city center. It was a 15 minute walk over to 4th Avenue, which seems to be the hub of activity, nightlife and cafes, restaurants, and many tourist shops. The Anchorage Museum is very close (5-6 minutes walk), and it is a wonderful place to visit. The exhibits are excellent, and provide great insights into the history and development of Anchorage, and its contemporary role in Alaska. Our room was a club room suite on the 11th floor. It was excellent. So spacious and comfortable, and surrounded by windows which gave a great panorama over the mountains (on one side) and to the water on the other. It was a great viewing place to experience the changing light – sunset and sunrise which took place in a couple of hours! We had access to the Club Lounge, which provided ample selection of drinks,some hot food, nibbles and fresh fruit. This room too provided great views over the city. We took breakfast in the main restaurant "Jade" in the lobby. This was abundant – courteous friendly staff here, and good food. Excellent fitness center on 12th floor with marvelous views over the city as you hit the treadmill!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear WorldTraveller08901,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We appreciate your commenting on your Club Floor room & experience, the amazing views, our exceptional staff and convenient location. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. It's gratifying to read your review. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Yokneam Moshava
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We came with a tour, so had almost no interface with the reception and the stuff.
The place was good, nice views from the 15th floor over the city and across the inlet.
It was nice to have a good wi-fi for a change.
Everything was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ophir B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your stay on tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you had a "good" visit. Thank you so much for commenting on the amazing views, and our exceptional WIFI service.

I hope you enjoyed your tour of Alaska.

Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

A good price, comfortable, happy to check me in efficiently at 1:00am when I landed. Good location, would definitely recommend. I don't know what else to write, I came, I slept, I left -- and all was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear MikeLudin,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your stay on tripadvisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your (too brief) visit with us. Thank you so much for commenting on our great location, efficient team members and for the recommendation.

I hope you had a great time on your cruise.

Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I'll never stay at a Sheraton hotel again - especially the Anchorage one! After being awoken by a god awful noise in the next room at 2:00 AM. I asked the night attendant who was standing in the hall what the noise was and why at which point he shrugged his shoulders. I looked in the door of the room and saw a maid in the room cleaning the bathroom. I called down to the front desk and asked why they needed to clean the room next to mine and make noise doing it? There reply was they were sorry for the inconvenience but their hotel does 24 hour maid service and there was nothing they could do about it since it was a managerial policy. DUMB!

If profit and cost cutting is at the expense of customer satisfaction then this hotel will not be in business long!

Don't stay here if you want a quiet nights sleep!!

Room Tip: A room at the Anchorage Hilton is better!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Rod M,

Thank you for posting a review from your visit on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to learn that your sleep was disturbed by noise from the room attendant cleaning the adjacent room. We do offer 24 hour housekeeping service at our hotel. Anchorage is a very unique destination in that many of the flights into and out of the city are not until midnight or later. We do our best to accommodate folks who are leaving late...by allowing them to stay in the rooms as long as possible before heading to the airport. We then need to make sure those rooms are ready for our late arriving guests. I feel terrible that your sleep was disturbed.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for our guests. I feel awful that your experience has caused you to have such a poor opinion of our property and operations.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about your visit. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your stay with me so that we are best able to improve from your experience.

My direct line at the hotel is 907-343-3143, or you may email me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.
Encounter Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We did not stay at the Sheraton, but we did call in and ask permission to go to the top to see the view, as the hotel is the tallest building in it's vicinity. The desk clerk politely referred us to their Head of Security (Jeff Fisher) who was nearby, and he graciously escorted our group of four to the top floor, stayed with us while we took photos, and then invited us back at 10:30 pm to see the sunset. When we returned, with the same friendly reception, he took us back to the top floor and waited with us while the sun went down. Thank you, Jeff, your courtesy has been noted.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear John E,

Thank you for taking the time to post a note from your visit to our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am so glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the spectacular views from our hotel. Thank you for recognizing the exceptional service provided by our front desk and security team members. I will be sure to pass along your thanks and compliments.

Redding, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Arrived a little after midnight. Found a line of a dozen guests with reservations being made to stand around because the hotel didn't know which rooms were ready to be occupied. A dozen guests were made to wait over an hour to get into their reserved rooms. Pathetic management.

• Stayed July 2013
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Jake D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on tripadvisor. I want to apologize for the challenges you encountered at our front desk upon check in. We did have had two instances this month when flights out of the city have been cancelled. When that happens we do our best to accommodate those who had been staying with us & provide a place for them. Unfortunately by doing so, we put ourselves in a tight situation with having rooms ready for arriving guests. I am very sorry that you and the other guests were affected by the situation.

Thank you.

Been to Sheraton Anchorage Hotel? Share your experiences!