“Thank you to Michael Jesperson & Team” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 69 hotels in Anchorage
Anchorage, Alaska
“Thank you to Michael Jesperson & Team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I want to thank Michael and his team for the outstanding service they have provided to me, my family, my company and my colleagues! No matter how small the detail or how large the request, this Team knows how to get the job done! Everything from a simple overnight stay to a banquet for 500+ people ... these are the folks you can count on! My sincere thanx to you all for looking after all the details!! Len Horst, Anchorage AK

Room Tip: Ask for a room on teh inlet side of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Len H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you enjoy our hotel and have had such a positive experience. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

I absolutely agree with your assessment of Michael Jesperson. He is an outstanding sales team member. His commitment to guest service is second to none. He really takes it to heart, and takes pride in the relationships he builds with our guests. It is truly a pleasure to work with Michael. I will be sure to share your comments/compliments with him and the rest of our team.

586 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Eddie of Security and Lupe of Housekeeping have my utmost respect and renewal in honest and trustworthy people! When checking out of a room, I inadvertently left my purse in a drawer and was sick when realizing it the next morning. Eddie immediately tracked it down within 45 minutes of contacting him. Lupe had found my purse and turned it over to management when cleaning the room. Above all, my wallet with credit cards and cash were all still inside! Thank you so very much Lupe and Eddie for being such honest people and saving me from a nightmare during the rest of my Alaska trip and replacing everything. I have learned my lesson - don't put your purse in a drawer! If you do, make sure Eddie and Lupe on watching over you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MaryS0709,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your stay on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to pass your thanks and compliments on to Eddie and Lupe. Both are long term associates who we are very proud to have on our team. They are 2 shining examples of the exceptional team of associates we have at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa.

We are grateful for your patronage & for sharing your experience.

See you next time.

Jon Kranock

General Manager, Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa
401 East 6th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
t — 907-276-8700 d — 907-343-3143 f — 907-343-3145
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I'd stayed here before and it was a fine hotel. They've made some really nice upgrades since last I was in town. The main lobby area has been opened up and the restaurants have been updated. The rooms have also enjoyed the makeover as well. The only small issue is that the doors/walls are still a touch thin. Nonetheless, it's a great stay. Most importantly, the service was stellar all the way through. The check-in was better than many big markets. The club room had great folks morning and evening. I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our renovations and found that we improved our products and services. Thank you for your comments regarding our hardworking associates; customer service is very important to us here at the Sheraton Anchorage. We appreciate you thoughtful comments and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Chugiak, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our stay was very nice, the room was clean and nicely furnished. The staff was friendly, we had an overall nice stay with the exception of the tv which the picture was very poor. We cut our stay short because we wanted to watch the Daytona 500 but the tv reception was so poor we chose to go home early. Also my husband was down in the lobby and went into the restroom and a female employee was cleaning it with no sign outside or warning, then she told my husband "to just go ahead while she cleaned and the hotel did not have enough signs for the cleaning staff". Very strange.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Dave W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your stay on TripAdvisor. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay - thanks for commenting on how clean and well furnished your room was. I am very disappointed that you had a challenge with the TV reception. We don't typically have challenges with our reception but there was an issue with the HD channels last weekend. I am so sorry that you had to watch the race elsewhere. Thanks for letting me know about the issue with the lobby attendant too. I will make sure we follow up (in an educational and constructive manner) with her & let her know what steps to take to improve.

Terrebonne, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is in a fabulous location of downtown Anchorage. You are within walking distance to many activities, shopping, Museums, restaurants among other things.
I would have given this hotel a higher rate however the bed that we had was a King size and not comfortable at all. The linen and room in general was very comfortable but I woke every hour due to the stiffness of the bed itself.
The restaurant in the hotel, Jade, was alright but nothing special. Brunch had the basic of menu but if you are in a hurry to get out to see the sights it's easy and convenient.
There is a very cozy lounge that had a good bartender. The chairs were big and comfortable with a fireplace to give that warm you up from that winter chill outside.
We took advantage of the continental breakfast and hor dourves on the 11th level - I wouldn't pay that extra for this. The Hor Dourves were frozen treats with some fruit and cheese and the breakfast was the same. Like going to a hospital cafeteria on a bad day. Suggestion is to walk a couple blocks and find a nice restaurant to eat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Ginger1921,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. Thank you for pointing out our cozy fireplace/lounge, helpful staff and convenient location. I am very sorry that some aspects from your stay could not be described as exceptional. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you so that I may learn what we could have done to make your stay amazing. I am a firm believer that we must learn what we can do better before we can take steps to become better.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Jon Kranock - GM
907-343-3143 (direct)
jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com
Anchorage
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

First, recent visit was as a multi-day conference attendee: did not stay in guest room (although I have in the 1980s). The Anchorage Sheraton used to be one of Anchorage's more glamorous hotels, with marble, brass, and other high-end finishes, and with impeccable personal service.--No more.--The facility is run down, with tears in wall coverings, stains on the walls and floors and hospitality linens, chips in the finishes, broken push door handles, grinding elevator and outside doors, sketchy snow removal, carelessly placed conference signs, etc. The ground-floor restaurant service is slow, servers and hostess defensive and inattentive. The ground-floor espresso bar is slow (18 min. for a latte?), defensive, and almost rudely inattentive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to connect with us and provide this valuable feedback regarding your stay. We are disappointed to hear that you encountered problems while at our hotel for a conference. We would love to hear more about the specific areas in which attention is needed and ask that you contact us directly. Should time allow, please email us at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com. Thank you again for your insights.
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've stayed here several times over all the seasons and I'm consistently impressed with the helpful staff. Food at the hotel is ok, but there are lots of good places to eat within an easy walk (even in the winter). The beds are wonderful. Overall an easy choice who do a good job of upholding the brand in Anchorage.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Adam W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you choose to call our hotel your home away from home when in Anchorage. Thank you very much for noting our commitment to customer service, helpful team members and comfortable beds. I will be sure to pass your compliments on.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are proud of our beautiful hotel, grateful to work with such an exceptional team, and honored to have so many loyal guests.

Take care.

Been to Sheraton Anchorage Hotel? Share your experiences!