“Good Beds & Helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 69 hotels in Anchorage
Hong Kong
“Good Beds & Helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've stayed here several times over all the seasons and I'm consistently impressed with the helpful staff. Food at the hotel is ok, but there are lots of good places to eat within an easy walk (even in the winter). The beds are wonderful. Overall an easy choice who do a good job of upholding the brand in Anchorage.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Adam W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you choose to call our hotel your home away from home when in Anchorage. Thank you very much for noting our commitment to customer service, helpful team members and comfortable beds. I will be sure to pass your compliments on.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are proud of our beautiful hotel, grateful to work with such an exceptional team, and honored to have so many loyal guests.

586 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stay at this hotel on a fairly regular basis for work. I can't imagine staying anyplace that could do a better job at providing outstanding customer service and making me feel welcome. I had stayed her early last summer and did not have the same experience so if you see some negative reviews I would take into consideration that they have made some internal changes that have directly impacted customer service. Which have been remarkable in my experiences. AJ at the front desk seems to remember me and welcomes me with a smile and excellent customer service each and every time regardless of how busy he may be. Michael Jeperson in Sales also does an outstanding job and is a pleasure to work with. He makes sure that I have a positive experience and seem to genuinely care about each and every trip I make to the hotel.

I should also mention the hotel. The rooms are clean, the beds are very comfortable and a fabulous work out room for a hotel with great views.

I highly recommend this hotel for the business traveler.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Wildflwr35,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa as your home away from home in Anchorage, and for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read that you find our hotel such a great place to stay. Thank you for mentioning our commitment to guest service and the changes we have made. It's nice to know that you found our team members helpful and your room clean, and comfortable. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to DJ and Michael. We are very proud of our pleasant, clean facility, excellent food and exceptional team members.

I hope we might have the chance to meet in person during your next visit.

Thank you again for your patronage.
Scarborough, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I type this as I am still here in my room on the Club level looking out the gorgeous window at the spectacular view of Anchorage and the Chugach Mtns! My experience at this hotel was unsurpassed. Everyone from Kassie at the front desk when we checked in, to Lingo who helped with a heating issue, to David who helped in every way possible, to Joel who found a fan in case we didn't want to move rooms, to Michael and Pauline chatting with us about Alaska and our stay were exceptional. Checking in with Kassie was probably the highlight - she sincerely made my daughter and I (first timers in Alaska) feel welcomed and as if she really cared about our story. Her smile made us feel right at home and she did everything possible to make our stay a memorable one - mission accomplished.

I've stayed at a lot of SPG properties over the years with various jobs - from the W Lakeshore in Chicago to the W in San Francisco to the Four Points in Chelsea and a lot in between - but this Sheraton Anchorage was the best one I've been at. For service, cleanliness, comfort, everything. The staff are to be highly commended on a job well done. Most hotel staff when traveling are friendly but, to be sincerely friendly and caring not just doing their job is rare and the staff here do just that. Not sure when I'll be back but if and when I do, I know I'll be staying here again.

Thanks so much,
Jane Johnson Davis
Scarborough, Maine

Room Tip: Was a little unfortunate that our first room had a heating issue so was incredibly warm (who would h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jane J,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on TripAdvisor. Wow. What a great review. It's always great to hear from our guests that we are doing a good job. It means much more when it comes from a seasoned traveler like you. Thank you. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing an exceptional guest experience, and clean well maintained facilities for our guests. I will be sure to pass your comments and compliments on to the team and will personally share them with the folks you mentioned specifically. All are exceptional associates and we are very fortunate to have them on our team.

I know I can speak for the entire team when I say we are proud to have been part of your Alaskan experience and hope you get the chance to visit again very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I wherr in Anvhourage on business trip and on this hotel they took care of me in a perfect way. Tje service is great and the sales manager Michael know how to give service to the customer. When I'm going back to alaska i will stay come back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Olsson_D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Thanks too for commenting on the service provided by our awesome team. All of us on the team of the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for our guests. It is gratifying to receive such an exceptional rating. Thank you.

I too am a huge fan of Michael Jesperson. He is a true professional. His attention to detail and attentiveness to customer needs are second to none. We are very fortunate to work with Michael. He genuinely cares about each and every guest he comes into contact with.

Thank you so very much for your compliments and patronage. I hope that we might meet in person during your next visit.

California City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Life is Wonderful, and full of Surprise!

Many thanks to The Hotel Management that the staff maintained a positive attitude, and ensured I felt welcome during my stay. Everyone treated me with dignity and respect. I was amazed at the consistency in their performance and willingness to go the extra mile. The staff was well groomed and took pride as representatives of The Renaissance Beijing Capital.

The Executive Lounge, The Reception, The Concierge, and The BLD staffs are Helpful, Friendly, Professional and willing to help, and every one is to commended. I was eager to provide positive feedback about my stay with co-workers, family and friends and look forward to my next stay. I wish the company continued success and growth.

Mr. Tu Tu

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tu Tu T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for all of the positive comments. I will be sure to share them with the team. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing an exceptional guest experience and a clean, well maintained property.

Thank you again for allowing us to serve as your hosts when you are in Anchorage.

Bethel, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have reviewed the Sheraton once before and commented on how great the staff and accommodations were. Jyst when I thought it couldn't get any better I had one of the greatest weekends of my life there unexpectedly.
I got called into ANC on very short notice and itr was a crowded weekend. The computer said there were no reservations available but I called my friend Mr. Jesperson and he assured me he'd take care of it and get me in.
Shortly thereafter I realized that the Wings Over Anchorage airshow was going on that weekend with the USAF Thunderbirds performing. I decided to take a chance nd ask Mr. Jesperson if I could possibly get a room facing north towards the airbase and as high up as possible.
Guess what? He came through. I was up up the 15th floor and literally had front row glass luxury box seats for the airshow. I heard stories all weekend about the long lines and the crowds trying to get on base and get a good seat. I could not have been happier. My business trip went well too but I will never see another airshow witoug thinking of Mr. Jesperson hooking me up that weekend at the Sheraton in Anchorage.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Chris T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit, that your business trip went well and that you were able to enjoy the air show from the comfort of your room! You are so right about the long lines to get on base. It took me almost 2 hours sitting in the line before finally getting into the show.

I am also a big fan of Michael Jesperson. His commitment to guest service is second to none. He really takes it to heart, and takes pride in the relationships he builds with our guests. It is truly a pleasure to work with Michael. I will be sure to share your comments/compliments with him and the rest of our team.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stayed at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel on multiple occasions during my visits to anchorage. What I find outstanding at the hotel and what brings me back here is the superior customer service offered. I have stayed at multiple hotels as I travel quite a bit and starting from the customer relationship manager - Michael J, to David B at the front desk and James in room service - I felt that they make an extra effort to make my stay comfortable. I had to entertain some friends at the hotel - I contacted Micheal J, the customer relationship manager - and he went out of his way to make appropriate arrangements to make that possible.

These folks at this hotel have made it their goal to provide a good customer experience and are doing pretty well at that!.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Puneet S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you choose to call our hotel your home away from home when in Anchorage. Thank you very much for noting our commitment to customer service, and for specifically recognizing Michael, James and David. I will be sure to pass your compliments on.

Take care.

Been to Sheraton Anchorage Hotel? Share your experiences!