“Ask for a mountain view room!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #20 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Luvtravels33
“Ask for a mountain view room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My room was comfortable and clean, with an excellent view of the mountains. The staff are extremely friendly - from the front-desk clerk who gladly gave me a mountain view room, to the wait staff in the restaurant and the bar, everyone clearly aimed to be helpful. I had complimentary wifi, which was easy to access, and complimentary water bottles in my room as a Sheraton rewards member. They also have a nice program that gives you a $5 certifcate for each day you forego housekeeping - help save the environment by reusing your linens, and get $5 toward food in the hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Luvtravels33,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your stay on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Thank you for pointing out our excellent views, our Green Choice (environmental conservation) program, and how pleased you were by our helpful staff. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained facility for our guests. I will be sure to pass your compliments on.

We are grateful to have been able to serve as your hosts during your visit to Anchorage. Come back and see us again soon!

Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton with a few friends while we were visiting Anchorage. Even though there were 4 of us we were all really comfortable in the room. It was clean and the hotel staff were fantastic! Any questions or requests were handled promptly and they did so with a smile. We call the front desk for an extra blanket, it arrived within a few minutes and then a while later the front desk called us back to make sure it had arrived and that we had all we needed - which I thought was fantastic! The location was great only a couple of blocks from the 5th avenue mall, and there was a car rental place really close as well. The cemetery was an unfortunate view but if you can look past it, we also got a great view of the mountains and ocean.
I was really impressed with the hotel and staff and I would stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Teagan L,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your stay on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel, and that you and your traveling companions had a nice time. Thank you for pointing out our convenient location, how clean your room was, and how impressed you were by our helpful staff. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained facility for our guests. I will be sure to pass your comments and compliments on.

We are grateful to have been able to serve as your hosts during your holiday in Anchorage. Come back and see us again soon!

Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just stayed at the Sheraton while visiting our grandson who is serving in the Air Force in Anchorage. Our experience at the Sheraton was very pleasant. We had three rooms with two of them adjoining. This worked very well for us. We were also very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel, the excellent location, lovely views, and a superior staff. One staff member in particular went out of her way to be helpful. Jennifer helped me when I called before starting our trip when I called to request the rooms and after when we arrived with room location. She also helped with directions around Anchorage and called to let us know our son's luggage arrived at the hotel. Someone took it by mistake at the airport. This saved stress while shopping dining after arrival. We will definitely stay at the Sheraton Anchorage if we come back next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Barbara M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you have chosen us as your home away from home while visiting your grandson at JBER. I am so happy you were comfortable and that we were able to accommodate the adjoining rooms. Thanks for commenting on how clean the rooms are, the awesome views, our great location and superior staff. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for our guests. It is gratifying to receive such an exceptional rating. Thank you.

I will be sure to share your comments and compliments with our team, and especially to Jennifer. I am so glad she was able to help you out.

Thank you again for your patronage. We look forward to your next trip to visit your grandson.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stayed at this property several times over the past 2 years and always have a good experience. As far as places to stay in Anchorage this is my favorite for the following reasons: SPG points, cleanliness, beautiful views from the room, accommodating and friendly staff and ease of parking, The only thing that disappointed on this stay was they made some changes to the room service menu and the food just wasn’t as good as it once was. Oh well, at least there is no shortage of good restaurants in town. Also it would be nice if they could get some better cardio machines in the gym . I’ll be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Cowbell201l,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you choose to call our hotel your home away from home when in Anchorage. Thanks for mentioning our friendly, accommodating staff and clean guest rooms and fantastic views.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

I would be interested in any suggestions you might have for improving the room service menu or food options. If you have a moment could you drop me a line at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com or give me a call on my direct line - 907-343-3143?

Thank you again for staying with us and for posting your review.
Woodstock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for a week both business and pleasure. I had asked for a room with a view when I arrived but upon entering my room I saw my view was of a cematary. I asked to be switched since I was staying 8 days and after asking 3 times I got switched to a room with a GREAT view! I stayed on the club floor and really enjoyed the snacks and soft drinks that are provided. All in all it was a good stay. Even ventured to the bar a couple of nights and had great service there too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Bethany D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us and that we were able to get you into a room with such a great view. I am sorry it took a couple of tries. As you now know, the higher floor rooms facing the mountains are in great demand due to the gorgeous views. Thanks too for mentioning our great service, and the value (complimentary snacks, beverages) of choosing a club level room. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean, well maintained environment.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again soon.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton. The views from the Club Lounge and the Workout Facility were spectacular. All the staff was very friendly. I particular enjoyed Mr. Michael Jespearson, the Sales Account Manager. He truely exemplies the service once would expect from a 5-star resort. Attentive, responsive, and generous- I appreciated his professionalism. I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Ashley R,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and the amazing views from our Club Lounge & Fitness Center. Thanks too for commenting on our very friendly staff. All of us on the team of the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for our guests. It is gratifying to receive such an exceptional rating. Thank you.

I too am a huge fan of Michael Jesperson. I think your comments are spot on. He is a true professional. His attention to detail and attentiveness to customer needs are second to none. We are very fortunate to work with Michael. He genuinely cares about each and every guest he comes into contact with.

Thank you so very much for your compliments and patronage. I hope that we might meet in person during your next visit.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Upon checking in, I was faced with multiple reservations, unsure of why, but the lobby Manager, De Andre Gibbons, was extremely helpful in correcting the situation for both myself an my boss who was arriving several days later. De Andre took the time to explain what could have happened after he confirmed I was only traveling alone and without additional family or business members that I had added to my reservation. By the way, my boss had a similar situation. De Andre worked with both of us to correct this to a satisfactory result.. Well done Sheraton Staff and specifically De Andre Gibbons.

Dear Tim T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read your comments about how our Experience Manager De Andre Gibbons was able to assist you and your boss with your reservations. De Andre does a fantastic job of providing our guests with exceptional and personalized service. He sets a great example for the rest of us on the Sheraton team.

Thank you for your comments and compliments. We look forward to serving as your hosts again soon.

Take Care.

Been to Sheraton Anchorage Hotel? Share your experiences!