“Still my favorite in Anchorage” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #19 of 69 Hotels in Anchorage
Seattle, Washington
“Still my favorite in Anchorage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stayed at this property several times over the past 2 years and always have a good experience. As far as places to stay in Anchorage this is my favorite for the following reasons: SPG points, cleanliness, beautiful views from the room, accommodating and friendly staff and ease of parking, The only thing that disappointed on this stay was they made some changes to the room service menu and the food just wasn’t as good as it once was. Oh well, at least there is no shortage of good restaurants in town. Also it would be nice if they could get some better cardio machines in the gym . I’ll be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Cowbell201l,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you choose to call our hotel your home away from home when in Anchorage. Thanks for mentioning our friendly, accommodating staff and clean guest rooms and fantastic views.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

I would be interested in any suggestions you might have for improving the room service menu or food options. If you have a moment could you drop me a line at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com or give me a call on my direct line - 907-343-3143?

Thank you again for staying with us and for posting your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Woodstock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for a week both business and pleasure. I had asked for a room with a view when I arrived but upon entering my room I saw my view was of a cematary. I asked to be switched since I was staying 8 days and after asking 3 times I got switched to a room with a GREAT view! I stayed on the club floor and really enjoyed the snacks and soft drinks that are provided. All in all it was a good stay. Even ventured to the bar a couple of nights and had great service there too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Bethany D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us and that we were able to get you into a room with such a great view. I am sorry it took a couple of tries. As you now know, the higher floor rooms facing the mountains are in great demand due to the gorgeous views. Thanks too for mentioning our great service, and the value (complimentary snacks, beverages) of choosing a club level room. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean, well maintained environment.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again soon.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton. The views from the Club Lounge and the Workout Facility were spectacular. All the staff was very friendly. I particular enjoyed Mr. Michael Jespearson, the Sales Account Manager. He truely exemplies the service once would expect from a 5-star resort. Attentive, responsive, and generous- I appreciated his professionalism. I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Ashley R,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and the amazing views from our Club Lounge & Fitness Center. Thanks too for commenting on our very friendly staff. All of us on the team of the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for our guests. It is gratifying to receive such an exceptional rating. Thank you.

I too am a huge fan of Michael Jesperson. I think your comments are spot on. He is a true professional. His attention to detail and attentiveness to customer needs are second to none. We are very fortunate to work with Michael. He genuinely cares about each and every guest he comes into contact with.

Thank you so very much for your compliments and patronage. I hope that we might meet in person during your next visit.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Upon checking in, I was faced with multiple reservations, unsure of why, but the lobby Manager, De Andre Gibbons, was extremely helpful in correcting the situation for both myself an my boss who was arriving several days later. De Andre took the time to explain what could have happened after he confirmed I was only traveling alone and without additional family or business members that I had added to my reservation. By the way, my boss had a similar situation. De Andre worked with both of us to correct this to a satisfactory result.. Well done Sheraton Staff and specifically De Andre Gibbons.

Dear Tim T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read your comments about how our Experience Manager De Andre Gibbons was able to assist you and your boss with your reservations. De Andre does a fantastic job of providing our guests with exceptional and personalized service. He sets a great example for the rest of us on the Sheraton team.

Thank you for your comments and compliments. We look forward to serving as your hosts again soon.

Take Care.
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here for a number of days during a conference. Location was great, rooms were clean and quite. Staff was great and very helpful. The good thing about Sheraton hotels is you know what to expect from their brands. Room service was great as well. The food was tasty and I like that they had fruit at the front desk and in the Club room. Its hard to come by fresh fruit in Alaska sometimes. Only down side was certain TV stations would break up most likely to poor satellite reception. I would stay again.

Dear Tskelton,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to read that you had a a nice stay with us. Thank you for commenting on our convenient location, clean rooms and tasty food. I completely understand your comment about being able to get fresh fruit in Alaska. It can sometimes be difficult. We are pleased to provide complimentary apples for our guests at the front desk and a variety of fresh fruit, food and beverage items are available 24 hours per day for our Club level guests.

We are grateful for your patronage and the kind words. We all look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed for four nights in Aug and found this Sheraton a good choice.
If upgrading to the club lounge, they had a great breakfast plus afternoon snacks and soft drinks. The gentleman who was looking after it was very attentive. The best part of this lounge was the amazing views of the surrounding mountains, even Mt McKinley showed her peaks one day!
The rooms are typical sheraton; clean, great beds etc. Restaurant "jade" served good food.
Front desk staff were very friendly.
It's location is a few blocks from the downtown center, but easy walking. Lots of parking with easy access in and out of town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Holly181725,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review from your stay on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Thank you for pointing out how clean your room was, how much you enjoyed the Club Lounge and the food in Jade. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained facility for our guests. It's great to know that you found our staff so friendly too. I will be sure to pass your compliments on.

We are grateful to have been able to serve as your hosts during your visit to Anchorage. Come back and see us again soon!

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is the forth time I am staying here, nice hotel with a large lobby, staff are friendly both front desk and restaurant. Hotel provide free wi-fi since I expect them to charge. We had lunch in our meeting room, sandwich, cold cut and salads. Had breakfast here once if you never tried reindeer sausage they serve it for breakfast. Overall buffet breakfast is nice with usual fruit, cereal, bacon, egg.

Dear YTOAY,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your last 4 trips to Anchorage, and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you have chosen us as your home away from home. Thanks for commenting on our nice hotel and friendly team members. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for our guests. It is gratifying to receive such an exceptional rating. Thank you.

I will be sure to share your comments and compliments with our team. We are grateful for feedback and do our best to learn from the experiences and suggestions of our guests.

Thank you again for your patronage. I hope that we might meet in person during your next visit.

Take care.

Been to Sheraton Anchorage Hotel? Share your experiences!