“Very friendly staff, nice room, OK location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #22 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Parkdale, Oregon
“Very friendly staff, nice room, OK location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My Dad and I stayed here on our way back home after fishing down on the Kenai for several days. The room was nice, beds were very comfortable and the furnishings all had been updated recently. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant in the morning and the food was pretty good. We had to wait a bit to get our order in, but the waiter gave us a discount for the wait without us even complaining. The hotel is located in a bit of a rough area and we ended up driving to dinner because my Dad's knee was bothering him. Still, the good downtown restaurants were only 7 blocks away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Checkbook,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of our pleasant, clean rooms, cozy beds and exceptional team members. I am glad that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant as well.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service and a clean, well maintained environment for all of our guests. It is gratifying to know that a seasoned traveler such as you recognizes our efforts.

Thank you again for your patronage. I hope your Dad's knee is feeling better.

Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Anchorage for one night before departing on a cruise. The hotel property was conveniently located and walkable to downtown restaurants and shopping. The property was clean and the amenities like the gym were a bit dated, but adequate. The staff was friendly, but no one went over and above the call of duty (but in fairness we didn't interact much with the staff). There was nothing particularly impressive about the overall experience and this is what we expected. Thus, all things considered this was an average stay and we would be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
JonKranock, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear jmleon72,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the positive comments regarding the cleanliness of the property, and its convenient location. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to continually improve our product and services.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing an exceptionally clean, well maintained product for our guests and service that goes above and beyond our guests expectations.

I am a firm believer that to get better, we need to learn how we can get better.

Thank you again, for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your comments.
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

wow..watch out for guido at the front desk. Tony the manager, I think, has no idea what customer service means. Rude and treated me like common criminal. Not staying at any starwood hotel, anywhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valentin M,

I want to sincerely apologize for the challenges and inconvenience we caused you during your recent stay at our hotel. I am so very sorry that a member of our team treated you with anything but the utmost respect. There is no excuse for being discourteous and I feel awful that it happened. I completely understand why you found it necessary to document your concerns in your TripAdvisor review.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may gather some more specific details about your visit. I realize that you are busy, but hope that you might find the time to discuss your stay with me so that we are best able to improve from your experience.

My direct line at the hotel is 907-343-3143, or you may email me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I was very pleased with the common areas as well as my own hotel room at the Sheraton. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was spacious and clean. I think it was recently renovated and although looking from the outside in you wouldn't think there is anything special about it, when you come in it has a nice feel to it with a fireplace and nice decoration. The only thing I would skip, would be the breakfast. I did have it one day and although it was satisfactory, it was not worth the money. There is a little breakfast place right next to the hotel (when you go out the back entrance) that has similar food for half the price. The concierge was also helpful but I did feel like they were trying to "sell" me a few activities so I ended up doing my own research first. Overall, I had a great experience!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Juliana891,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you had a great experience. Thanks for mentioning our comfortable, well appointed lobby with fireplace, & how spacious and clean your guest room was. All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment.

I will share your comment on the breakfast with our executive chef and culinary team (in an educational and constructive manner) in an effort to improve. Our goal is to learn from every experience/challenge.

I hope that if business or pleasure bring you back to Anchorage, that we might serve as your hosts again.

Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room and location were fine. We stayed here the night before a cruise departure. The buffet breakfast was disappointing - salty, not fresh and very ordinary.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear WorkingMom_811

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that your opinion of the buffet breakfast was less than favorable. I feel bad that you did not enjoy it.

It is through feedback like yours that we are able to continually improve our product and services. I have shared your comments and experience with our culinary and dining room service teams (in an educational and constructive manner) so that we can be sure to learn from our mistakes.

I hope that if business or pleasure bring you back to Anchorage in the future, that you will give us another opportunity to serve as your hosts. I would be happy to help with any reservations or appointments - please feel free to contact me at jon.kranock@sheratonanchorage.com or at 907-343-3143

Naples
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Traveling with 2 kids. Had planned on lowering our expectations for an Anchorage hotel because of the seasonal trade. We were pleasantly surprised. The facility was immaculate and well maintained. The resturaunt served a great breakfast. Best of all was the staff. Very friendly! Very helpful. A great stop for us in Alaska.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kdog D,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your stay. I am so glad that you had such a nice visit and were so pleasantly surprised.

All of us at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa are committed to providing our guests with exceptional service in a clean, well maintained environment.

I will be sure to share your comments and compliments with the rest of the team.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights in a land tour package before a cruise. The Sheraton was a nice hotel. It's pretty much what you'd expect from a Sheraton. Rooms were clean, spacious. Bed was comfortable.

The windows opened, which surprised me (though there is a sticker that warns not to leave them open in the winter or pipes will freeze). There were some heavy-duty down comforters on the bed. We were there in May and did not need them, but I imagine that it would keep you quite warm in the winter!

The location is good - within walking distance of shops and restaurants (10 minutes) in downtown Anchorage, so it's easy to get around.

The breakfast buffet was good. Lots of typical breakfast buffet foods, including an omelet bar. Like most places in Alaska, they offer reindeer sausage.

Internet is available in the lobby and there were several computers available for use.

We are part of the Starwood Preferred Guest program so that got us a room on a higher floor, and free water. I recommend joining the program (it's free to join).

Worth noting: great hair dryer! Most hotel dryers are not very good - this one was high powered! I guess you can't go outside with a wet head in the winter in Alaska so this would be important.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 3RedDoxies,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you had a nice experience. Thanks for mentioning our comfortable beds and spacious clean guest rooms. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet, complimentary internet in the lobby, and the hair dryer!

I will share your comments and compliments with the rest of the team.

Take care.

Been to Sheraton Anchorage Hotel? Share your experiences!