We had an extended stay at the Millennium in March for 3 weeks and this was our 5th stay with them. The rooms are nice, beds very comfortable and the front desk manager & staff very friendly and helpful. The restaurant & pub also on the whole have great customer service and good food, albeit a bit pricey, but for Alaska characters you never know who you might be sitted beside, from Iditarod champions to Deadliest Catch captains. For plane enthusiasts windows in both restaurants offer great views of the international planes coming and going as well as more bush planes than you can count! We were travelling with our 4 children and the staff were especially great with them. It is an older property and does show it's age some but has Alaskan charm for sure and if you want an Alaskan decor Hotel this is your spot with photos & memorbilia from frontier Alaska and the Iditarod everywhere. My only complaint was the phone system which hardly worked, people trying to call us through the hotel could rarely get through and trying to call out was an equal challenge, internet connection was also quite slow, however a new system was supposedly being installed shortly. Also find a laundry mat rather than using the in house machines, they are expensive and don't work well at all, takes 2-3 cycles to get clothes dry.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Alaskan Anchorage
- Anchorage Millennium Alaskan Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful lakeside property just one mile from the Anchorage Int'l Airport and 7 miles from downtown Anchorage. Fine and casual dining with award winning Seafood Tacos (voted #1 in Anchorage in 2013) and a large selection of Alaskan Brewing Company beers. Newly remodeled restaurant, bar and lobby. The Deck at Lake Hood overlooks the world's busiest floatplane base with over 200 landings a day. The Alaskan themed lobby has numerous animal mounts including a polar bear, Kodiak brown bear, caribou and numerous king salmon displays! Complimentary 24-hour shuttle to the airport and downtown shuttle during the summer months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Millennium Alaskan Hotel Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.