“Excellent hotel, location and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anchorage City Limits Lofts

Save Saved
You added Anchorage City Limits Lofts to your Saves list
Anchorage City Limits Lofts
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   239 W 4th Ave., Anchorage, AK 99501 (Formerly Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Anchorage)   |
Ranked #41 of 69 hotels in Anchorage
Huntington Beach, California
“Excellent hotel, location and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff at this hotel is terrific; the Hotel is more than adequate. There were no issues at all during my stay. The room was perfectly serviced by the staff. The music café was absolutely amazing, with live music on most nights. The food and prices were perfect. I had my wife come visit during Ididarod/Fur Rondy we had a blast and my wife could not say enough good things about the staff and the service, wow. I understand that there is still some renovating going on here, but despite all of that, my/our stay was wonderful. It was in great condition, everything was clean, and organized. A great location within walking distance to everything you will need in Anchorage. I'm going back up to Anchorage at the end of this month and I know exsactly where I'm staying. I would suggest this place to anyone!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
AnchorageLofts_GM, General Manager at Anchorage City Limits Lofts, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave such a nice review. We work really hard day in and day out to give the guests the ultimate guest experience and I'm glad we were able to do that for you. We welcome you back with open arms.

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Destrehan, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Travelling on Business and this was my first trip to Alaska. The staff at this hotel is terrific; the Hotel is more than adequate. There were no issues at all during my stay. The room was perfectly serviced by the staff. The music café was absolutely amazing, with live music on most nights. The food and prices were perfect. I understand that there is still some renovating going on here, but despite all of that, my stay was wonderful. It was in great condition, everything was clean, and organized. A great location within walking distance to everything you will need in Anchorage. I would suggest this place to anyone!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your review and you taking time out of your day to recognize the positive steps in improving the guest experience. We work really hard day in and day out and I will share this review with all the employees and I am sure it will put on a smile on their faces. Thank you and we welcome you back anytime.
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

There are very few places in Anchorage where there is an open mic and supportive new music environment. The Lofts Bar captures that. They are also so very warm and friendly, the food is simple but tasty, and very good value for food and wine. My 2 visits there have been excellent, and I hope their popularity grows.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
We are sooooo excited on how our music events have been taking off. The music café has become very popular and we are very pleased to hear you have enjoyed your experience in our hotel. Thank you very much for the feedback.
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We are a family and had to move out quickly. The price for the room at a monthly rate is excellent. I think there is one person writing a bad review with most of the pictures. The picture of their room messy is their fault. I have my associates degree in business management and think the owner has done an excellent job. You can tell it is a work in progress. The staff is friendly, helpful and compassionate. The rooms are nice for the price. There is a lot to offer. Compared to other hotels like the Inlet Inn and the Mush inn this place is clean! Cigarette butts and trash are the tenants responsiblity. I love that the cafe is there. You couldn't ask for nicer people. If you want five star service. .wait are there even any five star hotels in Anchorage? My family is very clean so we brought in our own vacuum, cleaning supplies and the like. This will be a home away from home until we find something more permanent. Ricky has done a great service to my family and Briann and Martha have been excellent. I highly recommend Anchorage City Limits Lofts.

• Stayed December 2012
We appreciate the feedback and we do everything in our power to help out anyone we can and give back to the community. We are glad you guys became part of our Lofts community and Family and it feels good to see that our guests are noticing the significant changes and work being done to the property.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel was an amazing place to stay at. The staff was so sweet and understanding, the music café was absolutely amazing. The food and prices were perfect, and fit just right. I understand that there is still some renovating going on here, but despite all of that, my stay was wonderful. It was in great condition, everything was clean, and organized. The parking lot looked as if it was brand new, my room even looked brand new! I would suggest this place to anyone looking for a comfortable, safe, clean and affordable environment!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
AnchorageLofts_GM, General Manager at Anchorage City Limits Lofts, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello there,

It makes me happy when our guests have enjoyed their stay and I really appreciate your feedback on our staff. We pride ourselves in making sure all of our guests feel like they're at home. I feel your review hit it right on the button. Our cafe is now open 7 days a week for breakfast and dinner and I am glad you enjoyed your experience. We are still undergoing some property improvements and we are very excited in the direction we are going and I am glad that an experienced traveler like yourself is able to notice the good in what we are doing to the property. We did repave and re stripe our parking lot and have made a lot of improvements to our rooms such as adding new bedding. mattresses, and bed frames. Adding fridges and microwaves to all the rooms and more than half of our rooms are now equipped with flat screen TV's. We welcome you back any time and I hope you choose to come stay with us again in the future.

Blaine, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our stay at the Lofts had a few glitches I think the management is working on. The price was definitely good. Our breakfast in the bar on the second floor was a great success. The food was delicious, hot, definitely priced right and the one- man bartender, cook ,and waiter did a tremendous job with serving the food quickly and giving us the added jams, coffee creamer, etc. that we asked for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AnchorageLofts_GM, General Manager at Anchorage City Limits Lofts, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
First and foremost thank you for your honest opinion. I do apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. Contact me with any questions and I will be more than happy to discuss any types of issues you may of had. (rgarcia.anchoragelofts@gmail.com) We just launched our new menu in the cafe and it excites me that you had such a great meal and better yet, a great experience. We appreciate the feedback and I will make sure I share this with our kitchen staff.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I asked a friend of mine where to hear some good live music and a decent hotel to stay while I look for a place to stay long term. The anchorage city limits music cafe had an open mic and blues jam nights which I attended and had a great time! The cafe has a professional sound system, and engineer, and great amateur and professional talent from the area. I additionally found out that a month to month room was available and was elated that it was all inclusive wifi, cable, water, electric, king bed, bathroom and fridge. After staying here for a month now, I am re-upping and staying here now through the winter. The location at 4th/C is ideal for walking to downtown, ship creek, all the attractions. I even started playing my guitar at the open mic and having a great time on stage with entertainers from across the city. Perfect for a new oil professional that came to town and wasn't sure where I was going to go, I landed at a fantastic place with an upbeat vibe!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the channel and watch the sunrise!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
AnchorageLofts_GM, General Manager at Anchorage City Limits Lofts, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We appreciate your honest comments about our property. You are absolutely right, we are the perfect place to stay, work and play when venturing into downtown Anchorage Alaska or just to live closer to work. We offer all the amenities an apartment would charge hundreds for, included with your membership. The Anchorage Lofts does have great live music and entertainment as well as a perfect location downtown and we appreciate your feedback and review.

rgarcia.anchoragelofts@gmail.com

Been to Anchorage City Limits Lofts? Share your experiences!