“Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We made our reservations for a July 2013 stay in January 2013. I had requested a room with kitchenette. Instead we received a small room in the upstairs which was stifling, and about 10 feet from a noisy, busy road. In all fairness, Anchorage was in the middle of a very warm spell during our stay. Even so, we had great difficulty sleeping. I complained to the evening staff person who told us that we could get a different room the next day. We did get a better room the next morning, which was cooler and also larger, although still no kitchenette. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. As other reviewers have noted, Anchorage is extremely expensive especially in the tourist season. Creekwood Inn is a decent enough value for the price. The staff is excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Owlie77
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff. At Creekwood Inn we pride ourselves in our clean rooms, engaging Customer Service and our comfortable atmosphere. I am sorry that you had a subpar experience as our guest. We take this issue very seriously. Although we can not control the weather we can try to keep the rooms cooler during the warm months and will make an active effort to find a viable solution to this issue.
Creekwood Inn has recently converted six more rooms to Kitchenette units. If your travels bring you to Anchorage again please consider allowing us the opportunity to serve you again. I can promise you a better experience. Mention this review response for a 10% discount during your next stay.

Fairbanks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were coming off of a 16 day rv adventure, and were looking for someplace to clean the rv and repack and get a good nights sleep before our long airplane trip home. This place is both an inn and a campground. The outside is a little dated, but the rooms are very clean. The young lady was so helpful, instructing us to choose an empty rv spot and hook up with anything we needed to dump and clean the rv. The laundry facility was also very clean and well kept. In a few hours we were all set and had a restful night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tootsie185
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your patronage to Creekwood Inn and for reviewing our property. We are glad that you choose Creekwood Inn as your last stop on your Alaskan vacation. We strive to make our guests feel at home while staying at our property. To show our gratitude we would like to offer you 10% off your next stay with us. Please reference this posting to receive the discount. Have a wonderful day.

-Amber VKP-
Brainerd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Anchorage is very expensive to stay in. We were twelve nights on the road and just wanted a clean and comfortable place to stay. This was perfect. It's an older hotel with a campground. After you price everything else, and to still get clean and comfortable, this was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy B
Hello,
Thank you for your patronage to Creekwood Inn and for reviewing our property. Our goal is to make our guests feel at home while staying at Creekwood Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. To show our gratitude we would like to offer you 10% off your next stay with us. Please reference this posting to receive the discount. Have a wonderful day.

-Amber VKP-
paris, tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am staying two nights, waiting for family to arrive for two week "tour" of Alaska. Just needed a good comfortable clean room till they get here. Found this place on Trip Advisor, read mixed reviews. But I find it to be a very good value, clean room and bathroom, very friendly staff. I arrived at airport at 2am, couldn't pick up car till next morning. Then I came on to motel and they kindly let me check in early so I could get some rest. Check-in lady was very nice and helpful, found I had actually made two separate reservations for the two nights, she easily cancelled second one and combined them into one, at a very good rate. I travelled all over on business and have stayed in everything from basic to five-star "palaces". Creekwood is also RV park, but the whole place was quiet and friendly. No problems. Parked right outside my door. If you are looking for "upscale", this is probably not your place. Has more of a "50's" feel, in a good way. My room was recently remodeled, bed was comfortable, frig and microwave, coffee pot with lots of coffee, creamer/sugar, and cups. Couldn't have asked for anything more. WiFi worked just fine, I'm using it to type this review. Thanks to Creekwood staff for everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank rwhitfield
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your patronage to Creekwood Inn and for reviewing our property. To show our gratitude we would like to offer you 10% off your next stay with us. Please reference this posting to receive the discount. Have a wonderful day.
Brookings, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

A year or so ago I wrote a "glowing" review on the Creekwood Inn. I stayed there again December 2012 and there was "confusion" as to my reservation. I was unable to get the room I reserved; however, it was still acceptable. Also, the price had increased, making it less attractive. Still, it was "okay." Then, this April I attempted to make a reservation and I was told the previous Manager was gone and that the rates had risen SIGNIFICANTLY! I explained how loyal I had been to them, all the referrals I had made to them, etc. The response was, "Our prices are set! There are no professional or business rates, and we only have the old rooms available at any lesser rate. I then went and checked other motels and their rates. I ended up staying at the American Best Value Inn of Anchorage. It was a modern motel, had a complimentary breakfast, had airport shuttle service, and was the same price as Creekwood Inn. I will not be staying at Creekwood Inn again. This makes me sad, in that the previous management made it feels "like home." My recommendation is that before you make a reservation at Creekwood Inn, check around! For the lower price and the "warm" staff, it made up for the fact that it was old and had some "issues." People sometimes forget that regardless of the facility, "people make the difference." As a business traveler, who stays for a week at a time, one wants to "feel at home." That feeling no longer exists for me at the Creakwood Inn.

Room Tip: Look to other motels. I mentioned American Best Value Inn of Anchorage; however, if one is to pay a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Donald G
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry that your last stay with us was not a pleasant one. We appreciate your patronage and would like to extend a 10% discount to you should you stay with us again. We have upgraded all of our motel rooms and with facility upgrades comes price raises. We will continue to price other motels to be sure we are offering the best value in Anchorage. We pride ourselves on guest experience and we aplogize if you felt we were lacking in that department.

We recently upgraded our WI-FI service as well to offer guests a high speed internet connection. We have also added a continental breakfast to our services which will be available June 1st 2013 at $6.00 per person. We thank you for your valuable input as you the guests are what makes Creekwood Inn work.

Travelers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Jacksonville FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I only stayed here for a few hours to rest and shower before my flight out of Anchorage. It was very hot in my room with no AC and just a table top fan. I opened my window but there was no screen, so I when I showered I had to close the window which did not lock. As a female traveling alone, I would not have been comfortable to stay the night by myself. However, the staff was very nice and the bathroom was clean. Hotel is close to the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank All50states_21
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for reviewing our property. We are in the process of remodeling our motel rooms. We are sorry your window did not have a screen. We have since corrected that issue. If you travel to Anchorage, Alaska again, we would like to make it up to you. If you do choose to stay with us we will give you 10% off your total stay.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

At the last minute, three of us needed a safe place to stay that was close to the Ancourage airport. At first we thought that only truck drivers were allowed, but we went in and were shown where to park close to the inn and close to the office. Don't be put off by the outside appearance of it, because the room was immaculate, cheerful and everything looked brand new. It was very quiet overnight. I especially liked that the bedspreads looked like (new) "sweet oldfashioned quilts", instead of the slicky, silky-looking bedspreads found in more expensive hotels. We wanted a nice, safe, inexpensive, cozy, warm place to rest after driving in from Homer! We found it at the Creekwood Inn and I got to the airport with time to wander around and enjoy the Native art exhibit!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank FiammaMama
Creekwood_Manager, Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for reviewing our property. To show our gratitude we would like to offer you 10% off your next stay with us. Please reference this posting to receive the discount. We hope to see you soon.

Amber VKP