“O.K. but not the best” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“O.K. but not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed one night here and my daughter was glad it was only one night. We were upset that there was no room for parking in the lot and were told" park on the street". I did not like leaving our rental van on the street over night. The young boy at the desk was not very friendly when we arrived, however the next morning the girl at the desk was excellent and extremely helpful. Overall I thought the room was clean but small.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Creekwood_Manager, Front Office Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for reviewing our property. We are in the process of updating our motel rooms. We do have larger rooms which we would be more than happy to place you in. We are sorry your stay was not a pleasant one. If you travel to Anchorage, Alaska again, we would like to make it up to you. If you do choose to stay with us again we will give you 10% off your total stay. Please reference this posting to receive the discount.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Brookings, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I travel to Anchorage quite often; therefore, I am always looking for an "above average" hotel at a "below average" cost! I have followed the reviews for Creekwood Inn for some time; and, to put it mildly, they were "spotty!" Since I was planning a three-week stay, I wanted to be sure of the quality. What I found is they are in the process of remodeling and my room was spectacular! However, the outside does not reflect the inside. The location is great! The personnel are super. And, I will be staying there my next trip to Anchorage!

Room Tip: Since they are in the process of remodeling, there is a great deal of difference between the remodel...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kihei, Maui
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I upgraded to a suite at Creekwood and it clearly had been recently redone. Nice use of space and great kitchen! I could have used this as home base for a long term stay. Hotel staff I found to be incredibly personable and friendly. They treated me like family. It has a very homey feeling. It is located near a scenic creek with walking trail although the snow prevented me from touring too much. The exterior might lead you away but my suite was great!
Overall, the value of the room for the price I paid was excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Because of a bad review written here I almost missed out on staying at on of the best values I found in Anchorage. Great location, and very clean and friendly personnel. I highly recommend this motel. It is really next to a lovely creek which is a tail for hiking and biking and one can hike to the bay.

Room Tip: The room with the palm trees was cute.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Susan S, Manager at Creekwood Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and sorry it has taken me so long to respond I finally got signed up for TripAdvisor and I am able to respond. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever need a place in Anchorage and let the desk staff know that you receive a 20% discount on your future stays as a VIP returning customer. Again thank you for taking the time to post a review. Sue, General Manager
San Bernardino, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

We travelled from Iowa to Anchorage in May of 2010. The Creekwood was the worst place we had the unfortunate occasion to stay in overnight. Had we not arrived in Anchorage so late in the evening, I would have kept looking for a nicer place. Showers and washroom was so neglected they were unusable, in my opinion. Camper units in lots next to us looked as though they had been in place for 4 or 5 months or more and at least one seemed to be held together mostly with duct tape. The entire grounds was unkempt at the best. Will not stay here again, even if we have to sleep in Walmart parking lot.....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Winter Haven, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

This place was in a great location, but that's where it ends. The rooms are dirty and the staff is not congenial. Lack of parking forced us to park on the street which was really inconvenient. Didn't get our requested wake up call. Not a great first impression of Alaska.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Marshfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

The hotel was in a pretty good location, on the south side of town right on the Seward Highway. Our room was cute, like an efficiency apartment. Unfortunately, it was a "pet" room and the cleaning staff wasn't very thorough. We got cleaning stuff and cleaned the room ourselves the day we arrived. There was black animal hair everywhere, including on/in the beds. That is really a turnoff if you aren't used to having indoor pets. The room also had a peculiar odor.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Creekwood Inn? Share your experiences!