“Good Clean Hotel but Shows its Age” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #18 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Columbus Ohio
“Good Clean Hotel but Shows its Age”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel is clean and I felt safe. The hotel looks old and staff are not bad, but not very helpful either. The location is fine but not the best. There is plenty of parking and its right off the main highway. The lobby looks good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The fact that this hotel is close to the airport makes it a great pick for late arrivals. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. We were most impressed with the restaurant in the hotel. The breakfasts were delicious and being in the hotel made it very convenient. We'll definitely be booking another stay when we return to Anchorage next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pearland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Although i don't think this is a new hotel by any means, the rooms are clean and comfortable with good Internet access as well. Its in a convenient location that is not too far from the airport or anywhere you may want to get to in Anchorage. They also have some interesting wildlife decor in the lobby that we took some fun pictures with!

There is a little restaurant on the second floor that really surprised and impressed me. We went up there to get breakfast and I was expecting the standard blah-blah pancakes and small bacon strips burnt to a crisp. When my food came out the pancakes were perfectly cooked and browned and had some nice thick bacon strips cooked just the way I requested them! It was actually on par with a Cracker Barrel breakfast. Even the coffee was really good.

I would recommend this hotel, and we are heading back for another overnight stay next year on our next trip to Anchorage.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pickering
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel is why Best Western is so popular. Standard was above average for a BW hotel. The rooms were clean, spacious and the bed comfortable. Breakfast facility was a little disappointing with a voucher system where I wasnt quite sure what I was allowed to order.
Would stay again next time I'm in Anchorage.

Room Tip: Its quite a way from downtown area so if you are planning on shopping, restaurants etc would recomme...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Davenport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Always a pleasure knowing we are staying at Best Western, it is like being home. We are treated like family and have a wonderful time. The staff is always willing to give us advice when we need it. The breakfast was soooo good. We look forward to coming back in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Upon arriving at the Golden Loin the property was neatly maintained and welcoming. I found the staff to be even more welcoming and highly accommodating to my needs. My room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. I also greatly enjoyed the food at the restaurant, it was very high quality and well prepared. I will be choosing the Golden Lion for all my futures Anchorage business trips!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us. I am pleased that we were able to meet your needs and hope that you would consider staying with us again if you return to our beautiful state in the future.
Best Regards,
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place is badly dated and needs renovations now. The rooms are clean, but floor and bed have a nasty feel to them. Beds are very uncomfortable. Shower is OK only because of the great water pressure. Couldn't hear any noise from other rooms, just hallway. Staff failed to tell me that the state is doing highway work right in front of the hotel at night M - F. It was loud and I got no sleep. Was told this would be going on for 2 months. Beware. And Erica at the front desk is one of the rudest persons I have every meet. Don't understand how Lisa, the manager, let's her keep her job. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I am sorry that we did not meet your needs during your stay, We are doing interior upgrades to the hotel this fall and winter to give our guest a better experience. My goal is for myself and my employees to provide superior customer service to all our guest and I am sorry you feel that we did not deliver this on your stay. Thank you for taking the time to do a survey and I will pass your comments on to my team so that we can make improvements where needed.

Been to BEST WESTERN Golden Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!