“Nice & convenient plus a good little restaurant too” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #15 of 69 hotels in Anchorage
Pearland, Texas
“Nice & convenient plus a good little restaurant too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Although i don't think this is a new hotel by any means, the rooms are clean and comfortable with good Internet access as well. Its in a convenient location that is not too far from the airport or anywhere you may want to get to in Anchorage. They also have some interesting wildlife decor in the lobby that we took some fun pictures with!

There is a little restaurant on the second floor that really surprised and impressed me. We went up there to get breakfast and I was expecting the standard blah-blah pancakes and small bacon strips burnt to a crisp. When my food came out the pancakes were perfectly cooked and browned and had some nice thick bacon strips cooked just the way I requested them! It was actually on par with a Cracker Barrel breakfast. Even the coffee was really good.

I would recommend this hotel, and we are heading back for another overnight stay next year on our next trip to Anchorage.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pickering
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel is why Best Western is so popular. Standard was above average for a BW hotel. The rooms were clean, spacious and the bed comfortable. Breakfast facility was a little disappointing with a voucher system where I wasnt quite sure what I was allowed to order.
Would stay again next time I'm in Anchorage.

Room Tip: Its quite a way from downtown area so if you are planning on shopping, restaurants etc would recomme...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Davenport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Always a pleasure knowing we are staying at Best Western, it is like being home. We are treated like family and have a wonderful time. The staff is always willing to give us advice when we need it. The breakfast was soooo good. We look forward to coming back in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Upon arriving at the Golden Loin the property was neatly maintained and welcoming. I found the staff to be even more welcoming and highly accommodating to my needs. My room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. I also greatly enjoyed the food at the restaurant, it was very high quality and well prepared. I will be choosing the Golden Lion for all my futures Anchorage business trips!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lisa M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us. I am pleased that we were able to meet your needs and hope that you would consider staying with us again if you return to our beautiful state in the future.
Best Regards,
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place is badly dated and needs renovations now. The rooms are clean, but floor and bed have a nasty feel to them. Beds are very uncomfortable. Shower is OK only because of the great water pressure. Couldn't hear any noise from other rooms, just hallway. Staff failed to tell me that the state is doing highway work right in front of the hotel at night M - F. It was loud and I got no sleep. Was told this would be going on for 2 months. Beware. And Erica at the front desk is one of the rudest persons I have every meet. Don't understand how Lisa, the manager, let's her keep her job. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I am sorry that we did not meet your needs during your stay, We are doing interior upgrades to the hotel this fall and winter to give our guest a better experience. My goal is for myself and my employees to provide superior customer service to all our guest and I am sorry you feel that we did not deliver this on your stay. Thank you for taking the time to do a survey and I will pass your comments on to my team so that we can make improvements where needed.
Beverly, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This Best Western is convenient in location ,clean and with a friendly, competent staff. The facility isn't luxurious but is more than adequate with reasonably large rooms. The location next to Rt 1 means there is road noise but access to the city is easy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lisa M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I hope you enjoyed your visit to our wonderful state.

anaheim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had to stay six weeks due to a death in the family and an originally planned trip. the staff of this hotel was wonderful. they made my stay compfortable and were very nice and caring. the room was clean and I received whatever I needed when I needed it.

Room Tip: the only problem I had was the bed. it was pretty new but not very compfortable. everything else was...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to give you our deepest condolences for your loss. I am sorry that you were with us under such circumstances, our staff were happy to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to do the review for us.

Best regards ,

Been to BEST WESTERN Golden Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!