“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 69 hotels in Anchorage
Brooklyn, New York
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a wonderful 3 night stay in this hotel. Hotel and room were very clean. Great location. Staff was incredible and helped us with everything we needed. EX. we wanted an early morning cleanup and they accomodated us plus other requests we had. Even though there was construction going on outside, it did not interfere with anything. An overall wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lisa M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time. I am glad our staff did a great job for you as we try to give every guest the experience that they deserve while staying at our hotel. I hope that if you are ever in the area again that you will come and see us again.

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Montrose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We found the motel very nice, and the staff very helpful and knowelegeable with directions. They got me to Earthquake Park. The location was convient to AK Hwy 1 I would definately stay here again if I am ever back in Anchorage.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us. I am very glasd that we helped to make your first night in Anchorage a wonderful one. I hope that the rest of your trip in our wonderful state was enjoyable. If you ever get back to Anchorage please come see us agian.
Newkirk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Golden Lion is recently remodeled. It was clean, comfortable, nice size rooms with all the aminities we needed. The location was very convenient for access to downtown, tourist attractions and the Seward and Parks highways. The staff was friendly and very helpful. A restaurant and lounge were available within the hotel. A laundry with 3 washers and 4 dryers was located next to the workout room. Very convenient for multitasking. The price was reasonable.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you need.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to do a survey for us. I am gald you enjoyed your stay with us and the ammenities our hotel offers. We are almost done with our exterior renovations and hope that our guest enjoy our new look. Thank you again for staying with us.
North Pole, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had no problems with reservations, the room and bathroom was clean. The only complaint was we had a room at the opposite end of the hallway from the elevator, made a long walk carrying heavy suitcases. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to do a survey on our behalf. I am glad that we were able to meet your needs and hope you come stay with us again. Just let us know that you would like to be close to the elevator and we will be happy to accomidate you.

Thank you agian for staying wth us.
seattl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am a frequent guest at the BEST WESTERN Golden Lion Hotel in Anchorage and can tell you that the staff treats you like you are family. The hotel is very clean and has recently up-date the exterior, interior and WIFI in the rooms. It is located close to down town and both military bases. I’ve been staying at the BEST WESTERN Golden Lion Hotel for the past three years at least once a month on business and think it’s a great place to stay. Take the chance I know you’ll like it.

Room Tip: Simple just ask
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do a survey for us. We always look forward to having you stay with us again. We are glad you feel at home here and we are very thankful that you continue to choose to bring your buisness back to us. We know you have many choices in Anchorage and we appreciate that you continue to return.

Nikiski, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Other than having some complications on the booking end, it was a great place to stay. Unfortunately, I had to change the date of arrival and rather than call the 800 general booking number I called the hotel directly. Apparently a bunch of wires got crossed (an expression meaning that the situation of re-booking another date was not communicated properly).
Boy, that was a big hassle but eventually things got ironed out (a saying which means that my problem was solved).
The Golden Lion is very easy to find, right off of one of the main drags in Anchorage. It is close to a Denny's Restaurant that is open 24/7. It's got an all night fitness room. I enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: I would advise you that if you need to change your reservation to call the same people whom your res...
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was on a group booking so got a discount on the tariff so for what I paid it was reasonable etc. I would have possibly been disappointed if I paid the advertised tariff. The no breakfast thing is tricky because you are a bit far from civilisation to get to other options quickly so buying in the hotel restaurant is the next best option - its not too bad but be ready for American meals - what has the same name as back home may be very different in this hotel (and America generally) and expect lots of sauce! No one seems to be around to help carry baggage, not matter how big it is. Reception staff were lovely and I found them very helpful on local attractions. The construction was in full swing when I was there but spent most time out of my room.

Room Tip: There are rooms away from the road, but again check if the construction is continuing if you plan to...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Golden Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!