“average plus” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Anchorage

You added Ramada Anchorage to your Saves list
Ramada Anchorage
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   115 East Third Street, Barrow and 3rd Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #28 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Emmonak, Alaska
“average plus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The shuttle from the airport is prompt and the driver, Vera, was excellent and courteous. The weight room was small but OK. The front desk was helpful. The room was missing detailed cleaning. Around the edges on the floor was an inch strip of dust. The baseboard heater vent was down on the ground, the corner of the bathroom mirrors were with spots. The continental breakfast was above average. The price was good.

Room Tip: Get a south room if you do not like the train whistles in the early morning.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Anchorage, Ak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stayed here a few days in Dec. It's clean, has all the regular stuff like microwave, refrigerator, and coofee pot, continental breakfast. They have a new restaurant/bar attached to the hotel that has fresh, quality food not the typical frozen deep fried menu. The whole staff is friendly & helpful. They opened a new area at the front desk that has a few essentials like water, soda, snacks, travel kits, etc... and you can't beat the price. Great Bargain!

Room Tip: I don't smoke but if you do ask for a room with a balcony or outside entrance.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Nothing spectacular. But more than sufficient for a place for a few days stay before taking a cruise. Convenient location to walk 1-2 blocks to downtown area & train station.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

The airport shuttle driver a 'Scotsman' was very helpful and informative; the staff were all good. The room was ok, nothing flash but somewhere comfy to sleep. I think I would come back

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed at Ramada in Downtown Anchorage as HOJO downtown was closed or booked. Stay was only for 8 hours but staff was friendly and room was clean and bed satisfactory. Had free breakfast but suggest they get rid of gravy with sausage and put in scrambled eggs with reindeer sausage. Location was perfect. Price was very reasonable. Shuttle got me at 1 a.m. Will stay here in future.

Room Tip: get room on third floor.
Sitka
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

When we arrived at the airport, we contacted Ramada to request their shuttle service. We were told to wait outside and they would be right there. We waited about 40 minutes before I decided to call again. This time I was told the shuttle was not in service. I asked how we were supposed to get to the hotel. I was told to take a taxi and Ramada would reimburse us. When we arrived, I told the clerk that it would have been nice to be told from the beginning that the shuttle was not in service. I said when I called nobody said anything about it not working. His reply was that I did not call! I said yes I did. And he said no you didn't. ( I am not kidding!) So I asked how we got reimbursed for the taxi. He looks out and said oh you took a yellow taxi, I told you to take the orange one! I said I don't care what color it is I want reimbursed. He just shakes his head and said I told you the orange one. I just stood there and waited and finally he grabs some money and handed it to me!! He should not be working in customer service and the first thing out of his mouth should have been I'm sorry about the mix-up!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I live in Fairbanks and decided to treat myself to a birthday weekend in Anchorage for shopping. I booked Ramada because of the amenities, (shuttle service, continental breakfast, close to downtown). When I called for shuttle, was advised shuttle not available at this time, to catch a cab and they would pay for it, which they did, no questions asked. I arrived and was met by Angela, who made my whole trip. She was very friendly and when she found out it was my birthday, she upgraded my room. I had a view of the inlet, which was beautiful at night. I am planning another trip in November and will definitely be staying at the Ramada. Perfect location to downtown, continental breakfast was awesome, hotel staff was very professional, friendly and accomodating. I will be staying at the Ramada whenever I go to Anchorage. Thank you, Angela.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Anchorage? Share your experiences!