“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Susitna Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Susitna Place
You added Susitna Place to your Saves list
727 "N" Street, Anchorage, AK 99501-3226   |
Ranked #9 of 122 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Threerivers
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Great place to stay located near downtown Anchorage we were able to walk to resturants and shops our room had an awesome ocean view and a lovely view of the sleeping lady.
Our hostess was very wecoming, our room was quiet and clean! Love it!. our room was perfect. Can't wait until my next visit and I will bring friends.

Room Tip: we stayed in the Denali room very nice!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I recently stayed for 2 nights at Susitna Place - Linda was very welcoming and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The location was good - only a short walk to the centre of the town and with easy access to the Tony Knowles trail. My room was very clean, comfortable and private (I stayed in the Foraker room). The views from the common area over Cook Inlet were really beautiful and it was a lovely spot to sit and have breakfast each morning and chat to the other guests. I really enjoyed the breakfast - it was fresh and plentiful. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this B & B to anyone looking for a place to stay in Anchorage!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Brsibane,Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights early Sept. It was convenient to downtown, very comfortable and quiet giving a great nights rest which we needed after arriving early from a cruise; close to bicycle rental and the Tony Knowles trail. The owner went out of her way to help guests and had a good list of suggested restaurants. Breakfasts were great, cereals, granola, pastries, huge muffins, toast, lovely jams, fruit and good coffee. Not to mention the wonderful view from the living/breakfast area and meeting interesting other guests at breakfast. The choc chip cookies were a great welcoming touch. And we could get on line, compliments of the laptop there to check our e-mails. All in all, well exceeded our expectations and made our stay in Anchorage an absolute pleasure.

Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I spent 3 nights at Susitna Place in September 2011. The place was beautiful with nothing negative to mention in this review. The highlights were the beautiful views, the clean rooms, the thoughtful gestures of having extra bathroom supplies for us if needed, and a portable fan which was GREATLY appreciated.....They always had a basket of fruit by the front door and it was nice to grab to take with us for a snack.....Every detail was covered and I would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling.

Bethlehem, PA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My family and I stayed here one night at the end of our 2-week Alaskan adventure in the Denali Suite. The B&B is very clean, modern, and comfortable. The owners are both very nice people who went out of their way to make sure our needs were met. Breakfast in the morning was a nice assortment of pastries, cereal, fruit, and toast. The decks overlook the Cook Inlet, which (if the weather was better) allow for fabulous views. We did not have a car, so it was a bit of a walk into the downtown area – I would highly recommend using a cab, especially if it’s raining all day like it was when we were there. The owners were very helpful by calling one for us whenever we needed it, as well as giving us helpful directions and recommendations on where to go in Anchorage. The Denali Suite is one large room with a King Bed, Small Sleeper Sofa, Fireplace, Outside Deck, and private Bathroom. We had 3 adults in the room and I wouldn’t recommend trying to squeeze in a 4th. When we booked the room I asked which had a better view, the Denali or Susitna Suite, I was told the Denali but they are really the same. If I would go back I would reserved the Susitna Suite because it seemed much larger. Overall, a nice place to stay on our short stay in Anchorage!

Room Tip: Stay in the Susitna Suite!
McLeans Ridges, NSW, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed at Susitna on 4 occasions, between various stages of or travels. It is a well maintained, centrally located B&B, with fabulous views over the inlet. Linda, our hostess was charming, friendly and informative. It is a short walk into downtown Anchorage which is a bonus if you aren't travelling with a car. Highly recommended!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at Susitna Place in downtown Anchorage for one night in August. Lovely bed and breakfast looking out over Cook Inlet with a view of the "Sleeping Beauty" and within walking distance of Tony Knowles Trail. Nice deck to enjoy coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening. Very quiet and peaceful. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Susitna Place? Share your experiences!