“Great food! Even better service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sizzlin' Cafe

Sizzlin' Cafe
346 East 5th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501-2209 (Downtown)
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #188 of 684 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Downtown
“Great food! Even better service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

Seems like people love or hate this restaurant based on service. Bottom line, they have great breakfast food sure to please everyone. I highly recommend the biscuits and gravy!

As far as service goes, the young man behind the counter is the greeter, host, and only waiter right now on a Saturday morning. He is doing a fantastic job with every table and is very personable. I don't tip 25% without a good reason!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great breakfast with very friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

Our host and waiter both made us welcome. Ten of enjoyed our meals and the fabulous tips about sightseeing in Alaska!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Gut Renching Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We wandered into this little hole in the wall cafe on the 23rd of July starving. We were greeted with a Good Morning and took our seats. The waitress brought us our menus and water and asked if we wanted coffee. After sitting there for almost 5 minutes (we were one of only three couples in the restaurant), the woman brought us our coffee. We placed our orders, took a drink of our coffee, and it was lukewarm. After flagging down another waiter, he brought us hot coffee. I happened to glance out the window while waiting for my food and noticed my waitress standing by the front door of the restaurant, SMOKING A CIGARETTE!!!! Gut renching! I no longer wanted to be served by her and prayed that someone else would bring out my food. But, that wasn't the case. I watched her walk back into the restaurant, and not even a minute later, came through the swinging door with mine and my husbands plates. Not near enough time to even wash her filthy hands, and now she absolutely reeked of cigarettes. What kinds of boss doesn't require their employees to smoked out of a customers view? Much less, what kind of server doesn't wash their hands afters smoking. Disgusting. I hardly touched my plate. And my husband complained that his food was cold...

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Anchorage, Alaska
“Awesome eggs benedict!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Awesome eggs benedict! I had the smoked salmon benedict and my wife tried the joe's benedict. We wound up sharing them! Their hollandaise sauce is by far the best in town! We were surprised to read the previous negative reviews. Obviously they have some challenges with consistency. We are happy with our experience. We will be back.
Bruce and Holly

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very Disappointed, no wonder why they are offering a groupon to get ppl to eat there!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011 via mobile

I was so excited to try this place when I saw how many varieties of egg benedicts they offered. I ordered the Alaskan Joes and my husband the Alyeska. They were out of English muffins so our server said it would come on a bisquit instead, which I didnt mind until I ate it. The bisquit was dry and they forgot the spinach and caramelized onions on mine and the reindeer
sausage in my husbands entree. The hollandaise sauce was runny just like the previous person had
indicated in their review and the eggs were overcooked. And dont get me started on how bad the breakfast potatoes were!
As we were finishing up our meal new customers just walked in. Our experience was so bad that I wanted to tell them to run for their life. I wont b back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere