“EXTREMELY OVERPriced for outdated un maintained room that happens to be in the location needed.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Arctic Inn Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Arctic Inn Motel
You added Arctic Inn Motel to your Saves list
842 W Intl Airport Rd, Anchorage, AK 99518   |
Ranked #64 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Extremely overpriced for what is offered.
unable to run bathroom sink long enough for even luke warm water because sink backs up n flows from under the sink across the bathroom floor n theyre aware of this because if the dirty rag left on the floor where the water runs onto the floor that is rotting and sinks when pressed...
the shower has mold that can easily be taken care of with a simple, liw cist bottle of Tilex for mold.
The price they charge could easily be justified IF just a portion were spent toward repairing n updating. this place that is in a prime location near the airport.
in short, I will down Tudor and be much happier with ANY unit I wolud get compared to this place...

• Stayed February 2014

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

An inexpensive B&B that has laundry. That was the goal. I arrived at the Arctic Inn ready to shower, launder and nap.

I was greeted by a dog. A small dog, but still, a dog. And I don't do well with dogs.

The maid came down and talked to me. Ran my credit card. $50! A steal! Showed me to the room. Helped me get quarters and figure out the laundry. Offered to help me by washing a couple of the blankets in her washer downstairs. She was really nice. And her dog wasn't TOO obnoxious.

So I got the laundry going, and took a shower in the shared bathroom. No shelf to put shampoo and stuff on- awkward. Go to my room, lay down on the bed.

*Crinkle*

Huh?

The mattress is covered in plastic? Weird. Then I noticed stuff. The nightstand was sticky. Some odd stains on the ceiling. Then as I did the laundry, more dogs started showing up. Two. Three. Bigger dogs.

This is not good. Everyone else around seems to actually live there. One guy who says he's the caretaker tells me the reason for the plastic on the mattress is that they had bed bugs a few months ago.

Get me out now.

I gather my laundry, one blanket of which has not been washed yet. I call the proprietor, who is still off site, and he's very cooperative, refunds my money, and I get out.

• Stayed September 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

If you want a place to sleep that's hot, musty smelling, very little parking, tiny showers, on a busy intersection, across from a crappy bar then this is the place for you. We sleep there and that's all. Looking for another place to go to. It was the weekend and everything was booked or really expensive. We are even using our own covers because theirs smell.

• Stayed July 2012
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

Near the airport and easy to drive out of town. Front desk gal was helpful about places to eat and things to see in Anchorage. Rooms were clean and supplied. Linens and towels were in good shape. Nice to have the bar and Pizza across the parking lot. Friendly staff all around.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

I have never stayed at a hotel so filthy. Roaches in the bathroom, cigarette burns and hair on the stained sheets, bubble gum stuck all over the broken furniture. They don't seem to own a vaccuum. All the other hotels in Anchorage were booked, otherwise I would have left. The owner also runs the scary, white trash bar across the parking lots -- it raved with drunks all night -- I was actually scared that someone might get shot. Don't be fooled by the pretty flower baskets hanging on the front of the hotel.... it's better to sleep in your car in the McDonald's parking lot.

• Liked — I lived to see the dawn.
  • Disliked — I was upset that the Health Dept. hasn't shut them down yet.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
AR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

Anchorage's Artic Inn is close to Anchorage International Airport but seperated from the "Big Boy" hotels. Most of Anchorage's hotels are very expensive and overpriced but not the Artic Inn. We checked in very late one night and found our room very dirty, paint peeling, the smell of beer and musk. We remained there for the first night and complained of the condition of the room the next morning. Upon our return to the room we noticed that the cleaning lady had attempted to clean a little better, but still nasty. We stayed a few more nights because the price was unbeatable. On the second night we decided to move the two single beds together to find two empty beer cans and a lot of cigerette buts stashed behind the beds. The next morning we reported our new findings and the cleaning lady picked up the trash, changed the sheets and replaced our dirty towels. Our stay lasted four nights and the carpet was not vacuumed once and the bathroom was not clean. One bonus for this hotel it is located next door to a pub and pizza parlor. **TIP** You get what you pay for in Alaska.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Lack Of Cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Arctic Inn Motel? Share your experiences!