“Good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ginger

Ginger
425 West 5th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501 (Downtown)
907-929-3680
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 693 Restaurants in Anchorage
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: E St.
Transit: We are three blocks from the Anchorage Downtown Transit Center stop, and 1 block from another Egan Center bus stop.
Petersburg, Alaska
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to Ginger. I tried the rockfish entree. The portion was generous and presentation was very good. The sauce and seasonings were good–definitely not on the bland side, but neither was it overpowering or too salty. My only reservation is the price. Was the entree worth the price? When I also include the cost of the wines by the glass, I think that the dinner was overpriced for what I got–good to very good, but not an excellent value.

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have eaten at Ginger on several occasions, but tonight I enjoyed the best halibut meal of my life!! It was tonight's special ( halibut on a bed of squash in a cream sauce) the blended flavors of the sweetness of the squash mixed with tastiness of the sauce complemented with the almost 'crab like' texture of the halibut, just blew me away. Can't wait to see what else the chef has in mind for future experiences! I topped my evening off with a latte and Fireweed ice cream. And as usual the service was ever friendly & attentive, thanks to Miss Candice. A Perfect Evening!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“This one is good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Wonderful creative menu. It's not your standard Anchorage menu. Good presentation and a well-trained staff. The service flows easily since they space the seating. We could have come back several more times to try out the other menu items.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect because of the "pacific rim" fare. Well take the chance and you may be as pleased as we were. The food selection was very good as was the presentation. What we really appreciated was the staff. This restaurant has one of the best staffs from the bus boy to the manager that we have seen. All worked well together and covered all the tables. When you see both the manager and the hostess smoothly assisting the other staff you know this is a restaurant where the kitchen most likely runs just as smooth.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eagle River, Alaska
“A surprising find in Alaska.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had gone 8 years living in near Anchorage without eating at Ginger. Every time I looked at the menu, I was intrigued, but didn't go due to the price. I had always opted for a less expensive option nearby. My wife and I finally went and found out that the slightly higher bill was worth every penny. Everything we had there was delicious. The service was excellent to boot. We had two unique cocktails, (mine was blue with berries on the bottom). We split a wonderful salad made with butter lettuce and I had a delicious curry soup. Our main courses were also outstanding. My wife had Ahi Tuna that was perfectly cooked to her liking and I had a rockfish dish that was cooked perfectly and accompanied by a polenta that was outstanding.

We finished a wonderful dinner with a beautiful chef created chocolate dessert and coffee. We will not wait another 8 years to return, I can promise you that.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Ginger? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Ginger, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.