“Perfect in every sense!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coastal Trail Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Coastal Trail Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Coastal Trail Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
3100 Illiamna Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99517   |
Ranked #27 of 121 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Perfect in every sense!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I went to Alaska for a wilderness backpacking trip and I had to stay in Anchorage for two nights. The was Bed and Breakfast was recommended by the National Outdoor Leadership School, the most renowned outdoor education school in U.S.A.
In my flight Seattle-Anchorage I lost my luggage and I was extremely worried as thre were a lot of neccessary gear for my trip;I arrived in the B and B 4 a.m. in the morning but still, Sherry was waiting for me. She was extremely kind and offered her phone for me to make an international call to my parents and to the insurance company.
On the following day Sherry made me a FANTASTIC breakfast that included Alaskan delicacies such as fresh wild salmon and strawberries. She lend me her bike which allowed me to ride the Coastal Trail, just next to their house. The ride was great mainly for the scenic views and for a moose that I spotted.
Back in the hotel, her husband Derek invited me to go for their spainel's training for grouse hunting. It was incredible! Derek is an experienced outdoorsman and he knows a lot about Alaska landscape and wildlife. He also was remarkably kind for picking up my luggage in the airport (at 3 AM in the morning!!).
I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast for anyone who wants a friendly and genuine Alaskan place to stay in Anchorage. Oh and by the way, the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was roomy and clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Families
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Sherry is one of the friendliest, most gracious hostess we've ever met! She made us feel right at home. The home is lovely and the garden is so beautiful. The location is perfect for us, the famous Coastal Trail is practically right in front of the house. We ride the bikes (courtesy of Sherry and Derek) on the trail to downtown Anchorage which is about 2 miles, and later in the evening we walked down the trail to watch the sunset. Weather was gorgeous when we were there, it couldn't be more pleasant! We also enjoyed the company of 3 lovely dogs and one very special cat :)
The house itself is on the small side compared to other b&bs that we stayed in the past. Our Garden room is close to the kitchen, so you may hear sounds in the morning. But it didn't bother us really. The bed is so comfortable, we just slept right through it. Overall, I highly recommended this b&b to all you (except to those of you that don't like or allergic to pets). Again, thanks to Sherry and Derek for the enjoyable stay!

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

This B & B exceeded our expectations and was an absolute delight. Our hostess, Sherry, had made a sign for us for our wedding anniversary and had hot tea and biscotti (very good--tasted homemade) waiting when we arrived. Her home and our accommodations were such a beautiful haven and she has an incredibly lovely flower garden in the backyard. Some of the plants in the garden were new to me and we had an interesting discussion about the types of plants that she can grow in the climate there. We talked about the birds that visit her garden and she lent me a bird book to look them up.

The bed was comfortable, the bath was lovely, with shampoos, soaps, fresh cut flowers, and fluffy, plush towels.

My husband wanted to go for a bike ride on the Coastal Trail which you can access directly across the street from her house. Sherry lent him a nice bike and helmet and showed him where to access the trail head in the park located across the street. There are also tennis courts and a baseball diamond located in the park. The trail winds along the beautiful Cook Inlet with views of the mountains across the water.

We really enjoyed our stay. I can't think of anything that would have made it nicer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Watertown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Very comfortable , spacious basement rooms with all the amenities you could ask for. Felt right at home immediately. Enjoyed the Coastal trial which is only a few blocks from the house. Sherrie is a gracious hostess and breakfast was wonderful. Do be aware that there are pets living in the house so those with allergies my want to look else where.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
SWFL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Very kind host and hostess in suburban house in Anchorage. 3 nice dogs and one cat on property were well behaved. Suite in basement was very comfortable, had large screen TV, books, good lighting, nice bathroom with great shower. Gardens were glorious.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

Hospitality and insightful conversations in a lovely house and location. Sherry knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! There are friendly pets here, and peaceful gardens. Sherry loaned us the use of bikes. We vote this the best breakfast on our journey.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

Sherri's place was a little jewel for us. It is located a few mins. from the airport and since we were waiting for family to arrive, it was very convenient! We stayed in the downstairs Backpacker's suite which is like having your own little apartment. The beds are comfy, it is very clean, and yes TA people were right, Sherri's breakfasts are great! She made us eggs and reindeer (caribou) sausage. She is friendly and knowlegeable about the area. Bikes are available altho my husband and I walked to Earthquake Park (about 30-60 mins. ea. way). Backpacker's suite has 2 beds - 1 queen & 1 dble (in separate room), and a couch, tv, and private bath. It is a wonderful and affordable!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Coastal Trail Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!