“Sad and pathetic” 1 of 5 stars
Review of America's Best Inn & Suites - Anchorage Eagles Nest

America's Best Inn & Suites - Anchorage Eagles Nest
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anchorage
America's Best Inn & Suites - Anchorage Eagles Nest
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4110 Spenard Road, Anchorage, AK 99517   |
Ranked #61 of 69 hotels in Anchorage
Phoenix, Arizona
“Sad and pathetic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I booked this place knowing the reviews were poor because our flight was getting in late and we were only staying for a night. I really didn't feel like spending $100 for a few hours sleep at the Motel 6. The first indication that this place wasn't right was the big notice at the front desk saying that once you checked in, you had to stay (more or less). But it was 2 a.m. and we were tired from our trip, so bailing at that point wasn't exactly in the cards.

The place looks like someone put a lot of money in all of the wrong places about 20 years ago. The floors in the room are tile, and who ever tiled it failed to level the ground first. The linens are not hotel grade-- nor are the curtains, pretty lousy when you are in the land of the midnight sun. Our room was really muggy when we got there, but when we saw the window had no screen we were forced to deal with the loud AC unit instead.

I don't know if the room was actually dirty, but its strange appearance made us feel unseasy. It didn't help that the bed was rock hard and the pillows flat and comfortless. My boyfriend put a shirt over his pillow so he wouldn't have to touch it. After about six hours of sleep we had enough with the place and checked out without even testing the shower. We didn't want to spend another minute there.

In hindsight, it would have been better to spend a little bit more money on a place that still has some dignity and self respect left. This place should be sued for insinuating that it's America's Best or that it has suites.

Room Tip: Go down the street and book at another motel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011 via mobile

We stayed only one night. If it wasn't for cancellation policy, 123$, and it being 9 pm arriving we would have left. We should have. Beds were horriblely hard. Shower would not drain and leaked at facet and head. Toilet seat busted. No carpet. Very unclean. disgusting place

• Stayed June 2011
Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I pride myself in not getting duped by shady businesses, but this one got me. I booked on a major travel website, because of the amenities advertised for this hole (coffeemaker in room, internet access, recent renovations, continentel breakfast, price under $200 per night). Boy, was all this wrong! Internet was down, coffeemaker was absent, room was a dirty smelly dump, breakfast was pathetic, as others pointed out, owner was rude and agressive. The only thing right was the price. Right, as in right up there, close to $200, for a basic room that should cost around 60.
Do yourself a favour, don't ruin your hard earned vacation and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Anchorage, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

The room itself isn't that bad, at least the one we're in right now. Nice TV, basic cable, mini fridge, no microwave, couch and closet. The floor is wet in random spots, and there is an unpleasant odor in the bed.

I'm not too fond of the people working here though, for example the housekeeping lady barged in around 930 am and again at 3 pm. She said she knocked, but we didnt hear her. Luckily we were both dressed. The room is pretty cold, and when we called the front desk to ask about it, they promised to send someone up immediately, yet no one ever showed.

There are several loud people in and around this building. A drunk Native lady had been yelling curse words for the last 2 and a half hours. I dont know for sure that she is drunk, but i'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

The breakfast was just apples and muffins. and some apple juice. Which isnt a problem, i just wish they would be more specific on the website.
I've had a lot of good and bad experiences with hotels and motels, and this is one of the better ones. Wow that lady is getting loud.

So yeah, its not the best, but we paid 64 bucks for it. Maybe we just got one of the better rooms. As for the loud people and crazy drunk natives, just bring booze and you'll forget all about it.Unless you're one of those angry drunks, cause they WILL push you over the edge...
bwt, internet is slow, at least today anyways...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
fairbanks ak
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

We got what we thought was a great deal online, when we checked in the person said they did not know how we got what we got and tried to get us to pay more money. We booked on a huge travel website the whole world uses, we didn't do anything shady. The suite was filthy, smelled like cigarrettes and mold, and it was freezing cold (in July). There was what looked like drug deals going on in the alley between the main building and the annex thing we were given. Good thing it was cold, the rickety old box fan in the room had no face/grill over the blades. With toddlers that probably wasn't very safe huh? We were stuck, in the summer Anchorage is bursting with tourists, there weren't many options so we just stuck it out for the 2 days we had reserved there, but will never go back.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Outstate Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Do NOT make the mistake I did. I was in a rush online, trying to make a reservation with America's Best Value Inn and Executive Suites (a very good motel with good customer service and a clean environment). Unfortunately, I booked myself with the Anchorage Eagle's Nest who apparently added a new name to themselves online "America's Best Inn and Suites" which I imagine was only done to steal business from the other motel a few blocks away.

The woman who picked me up at the airport in Anchorage was nice, but when I got to room 107, it smelled like urine - aagghh!

The other problem was the airport shuttle back at 5:30am. I asked her if she would be the one driving me back for my next flight, she said yes. I asked if it had to be a specific time interval, she said whenever I like. I asked if she could meet me at the front door at 5:30 for a ride back - sure.

At 5:10 am my phone rang...being in the shower I didn't answer it. At 5:20 it rang again and when I picked up, I was greeted with a man's voice "you not coming to airport?" in an angry tone. I said "yes, at 5:30". He said angrily, "but I here to bring you to airport now". I said again I'll be there in a few minutes.

When I reached the front at 5:25, he said he had been waiting for 30 minutes. Then he tried to be nice and asked me where I live. Unfortunately he had lived in the same town 7 years ago and proceeded to tell me how awful all of the "natives" are there. I told him I disagreed and I had to continue listening to his racist rants until we reached the airport. It was awful!

Please do not give this Eagle's Nest any more business ever....even with the false new name to steal business "America's Best Inn & Suites".

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Worst motel I have ever stayed at. The linens had not been washed in a long time. The shower/bath was filthy. There was not chest of drawers to unpack. The manager was very uncooperative.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to America's Best Inn & Suites - Anchorage Eagles Nest? Share your experiences!